“An unexpected clean room and great service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Asheville West

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Philadelphia, PA
“An unexpected clean room and great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

My wife and I were in Asheville for a wedding. We stayed our first night at the Red Roof just to be economical and then move on to a nice bed and breakfast further out of town for a few days after the wedding. Well, we were pleasantly surprised at the Red Roof. Free WiFi, a clean, comfortable room, and excellent service. The woman working the front desk was so cheerful and helpful. There was coffee and tea for breakfast which was perfect for us...who needs a stale and packaged "continental breakfast" that the other cheap hotels offer anyway? I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable night at an affordable price.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

Stayed one night. Pet friendly. Clean rooms. Looks recently remodeled. I would recommend. No breakfast but good coffee in the lobby morning. Friendly service.

• Stayed December 2010
Allegany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

My husband and I recently took a 13-day road trip, and pre-booked most of our motel stays in advance, near attractions we wanted to visit. On a strict budget, we were looking for economy without scrimping on the basic necessities. We had not stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, so in that sense, we were taking a chance. But we went for it, mostly because it had gotten good reviews, had the amenities we were looking for, and was in the price range we wanted to pay. This turned out to be a little gem - and the best place we stayed at the entire trip - so much so, that we decided to return to Asheville on our swing back north and stay here again for two nights, the following week. The one negative was that there was no complimentary breakfast in this location, but there were enough other perks to make it a favorite for us. We had everything we could have wanted in our room including a microwave and fridge, and an executive desk setup,and when we found a hair dryer was missing, we inquired at the front desk and received a hairdryer with a smile! The staff here were really "above and beyond"! They were very friendly and so helpful about everything. When we checked out after our first stay, I inadvertently left my Blackberry charger in the room. We were well across the state on our way to another destination when I realized this, but a phone call to the desk clerk, Susan, left me with no doubt I would get my charger back when I returned. But I think they would have mailed the charger to my home had I not been returning! We did return a week later for two more nights, and were just as happy in a downsized room (having asked for an even better rate!) . The rooms here are clean, everything was in working order, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and we give this place a 5 star rating!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

Very good for last minute weekend trip to Asheville. The cleanliness, comfort and location were good. Price was inflated that weekend, from their usual rate, because October weekends in Western North Carolina are prime time. But overall very satisfied with this no frills motel. Very convenient to interstate and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Yona, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

We booked a superior king. The room was clean and could tell that it was recently renovated. The bed was not in the greatest condition, but they were in the process of replacing all the mattress while we were there. Over all a great stay for the price.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Chattanooga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed back in February of 2009 and I'm just now getting around to writing a review. ha ha. Well, I'll start off by saying, it's not going to be a hilton, it's not going to be the ritz, it's just going to be a place to rest your head. We booked the superior King so we could have a place for one of us to play on the computer (Roller Coaster Tycoon in my case) and another one of us could relax on the bed while watching TV. The larger rooms are great, with enough room for 2 people to move around in. There is no breakfast, but there is a Cracker Barrel, and Hardee's within walking distance. No Swimming pool, and the coffee is in the lobby. But you could put a cheap $5 coffee pot in your room if you wish. We stayed here to visit the Biltmore, and had a blast! Never seen it in the snow, so it was stunning. They have movies you can purchase in room. We had a fridge and microwave so we could bring our leftover Applebee's. The Biltmore is a short drive from this hotel, so it's worth the little trip.

• Stayed October 2009
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have traveled extensively for the past 30 years and stayed at every type of hotel/motel imaginable. I am a Priority Club Member/Hilton/Comfort Inn award member but Red Roof Inn has emerged as the best value in America with simple but more than adequate amenities and quality rooms. I have paid $250 a night for a room at other hotels and $50 at Red Roof Inn for the same services. I want a good bed, hot water, helpful and friendly staff and I don't care how big the TV screen is or want chocolates on my pillow!!
This hotel has the friendliest most helpful front-desk staff that I have found in years,and the rooms are well maintained. In addition the rooms are $40-$140 less than comparable rooms in the Asheville area. I am a musician with band members to pay and house on the road and I want to keep them happy and well rested---many restaurants nearby , gas, convenience store, close to the Interstate----Red Roof meets our needs and fits my budget. Hope to be back in Asheville and , you bet I'd stay at Red Roof Inn, Asheville West!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business