“Great Price, Great Location”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was visiting the asheville area and after checking several hotels I found the Rodeway Inn to be the best value. The staff was very kind and quick to offer help with directions, restaurant recommendations, etc. The room was very clean and had a microwave, refrigerator and free wi-fi. The beds were wonderful, I can't remember the last time I slept so well. I will stay at Rodeway whenever I am in Asheville. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Roaches in bathroom. Was killing them and more were coming out. Only needed a place to lay my head for a night (with family) as we were passing through. Nice clerk, great location, but nasty. As soon as you walk in the door to hallway with rooms, you get knocked over by the "old smoky hotel" smell. The carpets look nasty and walls in room looked very dingy and "chopped" up. This was cheap and I guess you get what you pay for. Would sleep in my car instead of this place if I have a choice next time. And I'm not real picky...just not fond of roaches.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry C
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was with a group of 5 people. We had 3 rooms. One of the rooms looked as if it had been refurbished more recently than the other two. The hotel appears to be the type of place that workers stay for on location jobs or perhaps some folks live there and pay weekly. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean but there were stains on the linens and shower curtain which makes it appear dirty even if its not. The stair wells smelled pungently cigarette smoke and cooked food. For the price, it was pretty much as expected. It met our needs for a weekend festival.

Room Tip: All rooms are interior to the building and it requires a key to gain access to the building. This do...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We called ahead after looking online motel is in a perfect location started out well till we were given room keys. They put us on third floor for a smoking room and pets, no elevator halls are dirty and stained. Rooms are just as bad holes in walls stained carpets. Microwave and fridge look like they have never been cleaned, shower just as bad. We tried to make best of it became worse. Walking to lobby to check on laundry woman at front desk stopped me to make sure I was a guest here? Not sure what kind of problems they have here but by looks of inside of motel they are not good. I wish we would have went to motel 6, expensive, dirty, rude staff. Look into other rooms.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Christine b
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I wanted to have a little weekend in getaway in Asheville and this hotel was a nice base spot for exploring the area. It was only minutes from downtown and the drive into the city was an easy one.

The staff was also very helpful, especially the front desk night operator that checked us in. He went out of his way to tell us points of interest in the city as well as helping us get everything up to our room. Overall, it was the best value in the city and there were no complaints from me or my wife.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

just looking for a place to spend a night while traveling to Ky but booked two rooms for me and met sister there so wanted a nice place. When i arrived, i saw work trucks, after work "social" tailgating, and a window open on the top floor with a smoker. On entry, the lobby was stale, small and looked worn.... thinking i had made a real mistake, i checked in and found the staff friendly, helpful, informative (where to eat, gave coupon for local steak house) got on the elevator and looked as if the carpet could use a good shampooing. When entering the room (kinda small) i found it spotless! Everything looked new, fresh, recently painted, clean. Bed was comfortable, The window could use a cleaning and the tub handle was loose but it all worked and for the price, My sister in her room (who returned to stay 3 days later) and I were very surprised and satisfied with our stay. I would stay again when you look at the price of surrounding hotels, it was a great deal.

Room Tip: dont be turned off by front of hotel or desk. Check out the room, one had noisy AC. We were on the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have had an EXCELLENT experience in staying at Rodeway Inn!

The staff has been exemplary on every level. The hotel is very clean, safe and quiet. In addition, the area is superb and a direct shot to Downtown Asheville, shopping, restaurants, etc.

Special shout out to Kenneth, Kim, Richard and the countless staff that I do not personally know to whom have provided an extremely high level of professional courtesy, respect and help.

I highly recommend Rodeway Inn for all of your travel needs within the Asheville Area!

Well done Rodeway Inn!!