“Impeccable Service”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Chicago, Illinois
“Impeccable Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is a true luxury resort. From the bellman upon arrival to the very end of our stay this hotel is amazing. Parts of the hotel were under construction, but they are at the tail end of the work, and it is looking beautiful.
The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The employees are so incredibly helpful and polite. The food is great, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby!
We were only in town for one night, so unfortunately, we were unable to check out the spa, although we tried. They were completely booked.
I loved the gorgeous stone work that is the main facade of the original hotel. The stone work leads from the main hotel down a cascading staircase to the spa and pool. Amazing craftsmanship!
We will definitely come back and stay here for an extended vacation, without our children, and schedule our spa services in advance!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the grounds or the mountains are both amazing. The lobby is on the top floor and s...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to provide us such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Hungarian first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at GPI for the first time ever. We celebrated our 25th anniversary. We had secured a newly remodeled room and booked a day at the spa. I would like to say the Spa was very nice, will visit it again!
After having to move to a second room, first didn't have functioning plumbing, we were both eager to get settled in and explore the hotel. The walk from the lobby to the rooms aren't short, and we were given an upgrade (better view) as a result of the problem with the first room. So when we got to the second newly renovated room we were not in the mood to move again. I travel allot, but I've never stayed in a hotel where there aren't any nightstands (the open spaces for them were rater glaring) nor a dresser. Other than a shelf in the bathroom (very modern and nice) we basically had to live out of our suitcase. Not what I'd expect from a "luxury" hotel. If I figure out how to upload the pictures I took of the room you will see what I'm attempting to describe.

The resort is very nice, but they're remodeling all over, not just in sections, so it's very dusty and dirty. Paying to upgrade to indoor parking deck turned out to be like driving in a garbage dump, old furniture and construction materials everywhere!

The positive: The staff is very nice and friendly. The lobby is amazing, the bar there is a great hang out if you like to relax. The patio out back has great views of the grounds, valley and Asheville. The Spa, what a great experience. As I stated above, we will return to the spa, but we will most likely not stay at the Inn.

Room Tip: Make sure your renovated room is actually finished. Btw, the bathroom doors are sliding kinds and le...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lra1230
Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your 25th Anniversary and taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We're glad you got to experience our wonderful spa, it is a truly remarkable part of our resort. We apologize for the unexpected problems you experienced with your first room but we are glad our staff was able to move you to more suitable accommodations. As you noticed, we are near the completion of a major $25 million renovation, updating many parts of the Inn and we apologize that some of the new furniture had not arrived by your stay. Also, thank you for providing such kind words about our staff and wonderful resort. We hope to welcome you back as our guest next time you are in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

The only time I have stayed in a worse room was when I was paying less than $100 and knew what to expect. At the Grove Park Inn, our high-priced room was on the lowest floor, which even hotel staff couldn't help us find. It should never been rented out. The armoire door came off in my hands. The hair dryer came off the wall into my hands. The sheets were pilled. We had no choice on bed types and this room had double beds for my husband and me. The air return was absolutely coated in dust and cobwebs. The bath counters are hip height, and the mirror directly over the sink is cracked at face height. The carpet feels as if there is no pad underneath. The front drive was in chaos when we arrived, making it difficult to even unload baggage. I have stayed at the Grove Park Inn before and was never too impressed, but this was the last time. There was construction everywhere in the common areas, with the strong smell of varnish and construction noises making it very unpleasant just to walk through to the rooms. I was only there because of meetings I needed to attend, and the meeting rooms have no windows. I will not stay there again, even if I have to attend a conference there. When I complained about the condition of the room, management did slightly reduce the price and give us a complimentary breakfast, and though that helped, it did not make up for the very poor condition of the room and common areas.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank Stephany S
Thank you for being our guest during the recent conference you attended and taking the time to provide your feedback so that we can continue to improve. Some of the things you described in your review are extremely serious conditions that need immediate action so thank you for bringing them to our attention. We are towards the completion of a $25 million renovation, set in motion in order to update many parts of the hotel. These enhancements will infuse modern style and decor with the Arts & Crafts style and charm that the Inn is known for. We urge you to reconsider coming back once the renovations are complete so you can enjoy all of the new amenities and updates.