We arrived at GPI for our annual visit for my wife's birthday.. We began this tradition years ago and even though we now only live three miles from GPI, we have continued it as we enjoy it so much.
We arrived about 45 minutes prior to check-in time as we had a pedicure appointment right after check-in. Not only did they check us in early, but the desk clerk gave us a beautiful corner room. We proceeded to check-in and then make our way down to the spa for our pedicure. We had wonderful treatments, both therapists were friendly and did a fantastic job. My therapist's name was Debbie and I didn't catch my wife's. Following the treatment we hung out in the pools and outdoor hot tub for about an hour. The pools and spa at GPI are world-class and we have had treatments all over the world.
Following this, we went back to the room for an hour or so then went to eat at Vue 1913. This was our first visit since it changed from Horizons. Please see my review under restaurants for this.
Next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in The Blue Ridge Dining Room. Also see separate review.
Our room was very nice, with a mountain view and also a great view of downtown Asheville. One of our favorite things to do is to spin the two comfy chairs around near the window and watch the sunset. On a personal note, we can actually see our house from the GPI, so it's a little surreal. The room was clean and tidy, the bathroom was spotless and the bed was very comfortable.
In the afternoon we went and hung out in the Spa prior to our couples massage. Again, it was very relaxing and enjoyable. The massage therapists were very good and both did outstanding jobs. The relaxing area is very nice, if a little bit warm for my taste. Following both spa treatments we were given glasses of champagne.
They were just removing the Christmas decorations and Gingerbread Houses when we arrived, but we got to enjoy them before they did. Every employee we encountered was friendly and professional. The rates at this time of year are very competitive and it's also a fairly slow time, so it's quiet and relaxing.
We were going to go back and repeat this entire visit in early March, but the room rates are $450 compared to $330. for this visit, which seems a little excessive. I was able to get a similar room at The Grand Bohemian for about one-half that, so unfortunately the Grove Park will lose the $2,000 we spent during this visit. They used to have a rate for locals, but I guess that went away with the buyout. Our daughter also works there and has a family rate, but there were no rooms at the inn for our dates. It's a shame because we really enjoy GPI. However, we've done several romantic weekends at the Grand Bohemian and it's been great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Omni Grove Park Inn, located in Asheville, N.C., Is one of the country's most celebrated resorts. Noted for its understated elegance and southern charm, ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this one-of-a-kind hotel. Offering sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, innovative and locally sourced restaurants, a Donald Ross designed golf course, an expansive tennis and fitness center, an award winning spa and spacious convention facilities. This AAA Four Diamond Property is listed on Fodor's "Top 10 Luxury Spa Resorts" and Travel + Leisure's rankings of "Top Spa Resorts" in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni Grove Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grove Inn Asheville Nc
- Park Inn Grove
- Grove Park Hotel
- Grove Park Spa
- Grove Park Inn Resort Spa
- Grove Asheville North Carolina
- Grovepark Inn