The Omni Grove Park Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$132
US$116
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$201
US$177
US$118
Hotels.com
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$173
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hotels.com
US$293
Autograph
  • Restaurant
US$338
Travelocity
7,141 results
All reviewssunset terracevanderbilt wingresort feethe blue ridge dining roomsports complexgingerbread houseclub floorspa experiencepiano barhistoric hotelrocking chairsday passmountain viewbreakfast buffetgpiedisonhistory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the perfect place to come to get away and just spend a relaxing weekend. We went to North Carolina to visit a friend and he made all the arrangements for us. The Grove Park Inn was one of the places we stayed. We were in the original part of the hotel so the room was older but the amenities were all updated. Admittedly there was a slight draft from the windows since they are the original wooden-framed windows but with heavy black-out curtains, it was not an issue for sleeping. The bathroom even had a claw-foot cast iron bathtub but all the fixtures were updated. My favorite part was just walking around the hotel to discover the history of the hotel itself as well as the celebrities, dignitaries, and historic figures who have stayed there over the years. If you want to be pampered, there is a luxurious spa area with adult-only swimming pool. A short walk away is a gym, family swimming pool, racquetball court, and tennis courts. There are a couple of restaurants on the grounds. The terrace restaurant is very nice but we were disappointed with the quality of the food for the price when we had dinner there. The next day we had lunch at the Edison grill and we felt that was better. The breakfast buffet is well worth it with a very nice spread and great service.

Room Tip: The original hotel will be older even with the original elevators that have an attendant to operate it. If you want a more modern room then pick one of the other wings.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Omni has spent considerable resources updating the hotel I stayed there recently in one of the renovated rooms. It was spacious and well appointed, especially for business travel. I did have an air conditioning issue, but the staff quickly responded to resolve the problem. I also had the good fortune to also have a spa appointment. By far, this is one of the best spa experiences I've ever had. It's beautiful and well worth the cost. Asheville is beautiful and the ambience of the hotel adds to that experience.

Room Tip: The Vanderbilt wing is beautiful, my room was renovated and very comfortable. I was on the 4th floor which is the same as the spa floor, so that was very convenient on my spa day!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at the Omni for a seminar and absolutely loved it. My room was excellent, no complaints at all. The terrace has spectacular views of the Smoky Mountains. There was a controlled burn when I was there, so they smelt smokey too! I ate in the Edison restaurant. The fish and chips were very good, kale salad sensational and for a beer lover, a great selection, with excellent pointers from my attentive server. As with many hotels, my room was next to the elevators which was a pain, but ho hum, I didn't have to pay for this fabulous experience. This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in since living in the US. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevators!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We checked out early, since I fell ill Saturday evening. I understand there should be an early check out fee - but a WHOLE evening? Seriously? We didn't leave early because we "felt like it", I was unable to keep anything down for more than 16 hours and wanted to go home. And I was still changed the whole night? That should be a discretionary decision, and made by management. Not by a clerk behind the check-in counter. This and the way we were treated in VUE will be the main reasons I will not return to this hotel. At VUE, we were asked to swipe our room key - when we asked why: "To make sure you can afford the meal". It was my husband's birthday celebration. Thanks for spoiling it! The rooms are in need of some serious upgrades. The bathrooms are from the 50's and the wall paper change made in the 80's don't count towards an update. Rooms are small, bathrooms "bleh", small and not worthy of the nightly charge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for passing along your feedback for us to continue to improve. We are very sorry that you did not feel well during your stay. Our management has been attempting to contact you and will continue to try as we would very much like to hear more about your experience and ways we could have made it better. We would also like to apologize for the misinterpreted reason behind asking for your room key prior to dining. We do this with each of our guests in order to prevent erroneous charges from appearing on our guests accounts. We regret that you felt singled out and will do a better job of explaining this in the future. We look forward to discussing this more in depth with you and hopefully having the chance to welcome you back someday.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

It is a wonderful place to spend the weekend. You don't even have to leave the property. There's restaurants, shopping. The view is great. The staff are always so helpful and pamper you. The spa is great. It is an experience you don't want to miss!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple