“fine hotel”

The Omni Grove Park Inn
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Grove Park Inn, very clean, comfortable, lots of things to do without leaving. Good accommodations. Edison restaurant was excellent. The only negatives were the door staff was less than helpful when I told them I was self parking as far as giving me directions to the self park area. The reservations person on the phone was not friendly. Other than that it was a great place to stay and a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for being a guest of ours and letting us know some areas where you thought we could improve. We are sorry for the trouble you encountered while trying to self park as well as the encounter you had while making your reservation. We have passed along your feedback to the respective management and we will look into ways we can enhance these areas. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience and hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,831)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We really enjoyed our one night stay at the Grove Park Inn. We wanted someplace special for our 40th wedding anniversary and it was exactly what we were looking for. We enjoyed our couples massage...just note that if you are staying for just one night and are planning to have dinner at the Inn, plan your massage and time at the spa well before check-in at 4pm. Otherwise you will not have time to fully enjoy all the amenities of the spa. We had dinner at the Sunset Terrace and when we made our reservations I let the staff know it was our anniversary. We had a great table at the edge of the dining room with the perfect view of the mountains. We also requested to stay in the Main Building with the older rooms. Our room had a king bed (without mountain view) and it was ample (I believe, though, that some rooms might be quite small). The bathroom was VERY small and cramped, but we wanted to be in the older section and so we were fine with it. If you want to relax in a lovely place with friendly accommodating staff (good enough for presidents) and are prepared to pay, then I highly recommend the Grove Park Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us over your 40th Wedding Anniversary. Seeing how much you enjoyed your experience was very rewarding for us. We are glad you had a chance to enjoy dinner on the Sunset Terrace, some time at our spa and really made the most out of your stay with us. Thank you for your support and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great stay. Hotel is beautiful. Great amenities: pool, golf, spa, fitness, piano bar, restaurants. Make sure to stay on the Vanderbilt tower (recently updated). Only complaint is that the internet is very slow.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was here for a mini college reunion. The resort is very nice with a great lobby, restaurant and bar area. The setting is beautiful and the hotel staff is great. The rooms are nothing special, very standard which was a little disappointing considering the cost but they were clean and comfortable. My qualm is with the spa. We chose not to visit the spa because the prices were laughable. I travel pretty extensively and live in downtown Chicago. I have never seen spa prices so out of whack. An $80 minute massage for $279? You have to be kidding. Since we picked this property because of it's reputation as a spa, this was quite disappointing. We asked if he could use the pool or other spa facilities. I expected to pay something to do so but a day pass is $90 and we were told that we should get to the spa before 9am to ensure there would be space for us. Again, ridiculous especially since we went down to look at the spa at 11am and it was nearly empty.

Room Tip: Don't go here for the spa unless you have money to burn!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martha M

Thank you very much for taking the time to send your comments. We were very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay but are sorry that you perceived our spa as overpriced. Included in the price our our massages is access to the entire spa facilities all day, regardless of what time your treatment is. The Spa offers 43,000 square feet of amenity space that includes therapeutic massage waterfalls, hot/cold plunge pools, eucalyptus steam rooms, salt-water pools that play music underwater, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, zen gardens and more! We were recently ranked by Conde Nast as one of the top spas in the U.S. and we are certain that if you took the chance to try it out you would not be disappointed. We do hope you will consider returning someday.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed for our anniversary trip. Beautiful hotel and amazing ambiance! Enjoyed the best meal I have had a in a while on the Sunset Terrace, and the Spa is by far the best I've ever been to. I only wish the hotel room was up to par with the rest of the space. Cramped small bathroom caused a bit of frustration. Other than that, perfection!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited for dinner with two friends on my husbands birthday on 27th May. It was perfect.

Fabulous views, nice staff and amazing food. A little pricey, but it was a memorable treat.

The menu was ell explained by a wonderful young waitress.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lizzie098
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was at the Omni for a work conference, and they treated us very well. I was pleased with everything about the hotel. I didn't get to experience the amenities since I was busy with the conference, but I will definitely go back with my mom or my girlfriends for pleasure next time. Beautiful property in a great city!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business