Stayed here for 3 nights for business conference. Stayed in Vanderbilt wing on 5th floor. Room rate $249 - after mandatory resort fee of $25 & 4 different taxes total per night was $304. Add to that parking per night of $15 ($22 if valet) & the cost of staying here is hard to justify. However, the service of the staff helps to justify the price.
Check in folks very accommodating. Jamie got us in to a corner room as requested. When we arrived to room it didn't have a view so we called front desk & were promptly moved to different room. We noticed upon entering that room that room next to us had little baby. Concerned about baby crying during the night we asked again to move and Preston at front desk didn't hesitate to find us a better room. Bellman (Tim & Jeff) were courteous & friendly during our moves.
Rooms in Vanderbilt wing are very nice & modern except for the lighting. There is no overhead light(s) so room is very dark.
Breakfast options are buffet, room service or light breakfast sandwich/juice in cafe (I forgot name). Buffet is extensive with everything you can think of including made to order omelet/eggs. $17 during the week but around $23 on weekend so kind of expensive unless one is a big breakfast eater. We ate lunch a few days by the pool at the cabana cafe. Simple sandwiches, salads which were fine.
Outdoor pool is supposedly heated but it was too cold to swim in - outside temp in low 80's so maybe that was why it was cold. Utilized indoor heated pool which was very comfortable.
Grove Park is close to all good restaurants, is a beautiful property & they go above & beyond to please. I'd stay here again but would have to be a special deal on room rate. Parking fee, resort charge, breakfast expense are negating factors to future stay.
Tip: be prepared to walk a lot to get around this property
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Omni Grove Park Inn, located in Asheville, N.C., Is one of the country's most celebrated resorts. Noted for its understated elegance and southern charm, ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this one-of-a-kind hotel. Offering sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, innovative and locally sourced restaurants, a Donald Ross designed golf course, an expansive tennis and fitness center, an award winning spa and spacious convention facilities. This AAA Four Diamond Property is listed on Fodor's "Top 10 Luxury Spa Resorts" and Travel + Leisure's rankings of "Top Spa Resorts" in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni Grove Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grove Inn Asheville Nc
- Park Inn Grove
- Grove Park Hotel
- Grove Park Spa
- Grove Park Inn Resort Spa
- Grove Asheville North Carolina
- Grovepark Inn