We found the GPI to be nice, but overpriced for the quality of the facilities. This is no Four Seasons or Ritz even though they charge some pretty steep prices. And they tack on a daily $25 "resort fee" and $15 parking fee, so remember that whatever room rate you are quoted is really understated by about $40. (Note to resorts: please put that stupid resort fee into your room rate and be up front. Nobody likes to be nickeled and dimed.)
Our stay got off to a bad start when the first 2 employees we encountered treated us a little rudely. The parking valet tried to shame us into using valet parking by saying "oh - well most people just valet park" when I told him I preferred to self park. (Self parking was very convenient in a garage under the hotel which allowed us to retrieve items frequently from the car during our stay.) Next, the front desk clerk was rather condescending when we asked a question about the layout of the facility.
After those two, almost everyone we encountered was very pleasant but it's amazing how those two little interactions affected our mood and impressions of the place for our first day.
If you think you need to stay at the GPI because it's "the" place to stay in Asheville and you've heard about its history over the years, I would encourage you to consider other places in Asheville but come here to take in the views or a drink on the porch or even the spa if you are into that. Everything we liked about the GPI could have been enjoyed without actually staying there. Our guestroom in the Sammons wing was adequate but nothing special.
We spent an afternoon at the spa which is nice but my favorite experience was breakfast in the Blue Ridge Room at the front of the Vanderbilt Wing. Spectacular mountain views and a wonderful buffet. Don't miss it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Omni Grove Park Inn, located in Asheville, N.C., Is one of the country's most celebrated resorts. Noted for its understated elegance and southern charm, ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this one-of-a-kind hotel. Offering sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, innovative and locally sourced restaurants, a Donald Ross designed golf course, an expansive tennis and fitness center, an award winning spa and spacious convention facilities. This AAA Four Diamond Property is listed on Fodor's "Top 10 Luxury Spa Resorts" and Travel + Leisure's rankings of "Top Spa Resorts" in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni Grove Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grove Inn Asheville Nc
- Park Inn Grove
- Grove Park Hotel
- Grove Park Spa
- Grove Park Inn Resort Spa
- Grove Asheville North Carolina
- Grovepark Inn