“Beautiful property”

The Omni Grove Park Inn
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was in wonderful condition despite being a historic site. The views are unparalleled. While the value is not excellent, you are paying for a five star experience. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. The lobby is a relaxing, welcoming place to sit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (6,845)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is beautiful and historic. As a casual, outdoor traveller, I was a bit out of place. The hotel is removed from the heart of Asheville. It's a beautiful destination stay, but not the best choice if looking to experience Asheville.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently stayed a night at the Grove Park Inn and it has lost its appeal for me. It has been several years since we were guests and the changes seemed to make our stay so impersonal. The staff was courteous, friendly and helpful but the overall ambiance just wasn't the same as in the past. Parking was a nightmare as we were unaware of all the changes and fees. When the folks we were meeting tried to book a room they were told repeatedly that Grove Park was a four star resort as an explanation for all the additional fees. Really!! They stayed elsewhere. We always stay in the older section and our room was nice and basically clean except for the hairs in the bathtub which is a no-no as far as I'm concerned. I did like all the dining choices and of course the sunset porch, rockers and all the areas to sit, relax and enjoy the views. The spa was nice but very crowded. I will go back and give the inn a second chance but there are so many other equivalent places to stay in the Asheville area.

Room Tip: The traditional rooms in the oldest section have been updated but they still held their charm.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BBShelby
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We appreciate you being a repeat guest of ours and your candid remarks towards your recent experience. We are very sorry for the impersonal feeling you developed. It is our number priority to cater to all of our guests needs and specifically tailor each experience to their wishes. We regret this element was not visible during your stay. We also apologize for the concerns you had with the room you were in as well as the guest volume at The Spa. We have addressed both of these issues and will continue to monitor to ensure the situation is not repeated. We hope you will consider coming back someday and re-living your more pleasant experiences from the past.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

For the hotel itself, I loved it. The room is big and whole structures and environments are fabulous. However, I have a big complain on the accounting. Our company had QBR in the hotel and my room was reserved by our secretary. When I checked in, they swiped my credit card and told me that someone had put the card on it. So, I did not even signed the deposit sheet. Next day after checkout, I found out that Grove park inn charged all the rooms to my credit card (total 7 of it, worth around 5000 dollars). I complained to Grovepark inn and credit card company and the charge was reversed. 4 days later, I found they charged my credit card again, to a less extent: 3 rooms, around 2000 dollars. Up to now, the problem has not been solved. The only reason I can image is that Grove Park Inn has a love for my credit card and can not stop charging it. My response will be : Grove Park Inn, you falls in love with the wrong person. Finding some rich guys, such as Bill Gates and keep charging to his credit card

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Wei X
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for making us aware of a concern you developed regarding the charges placed on your credit card. We have shared your feedback with our accounting department who has looked into the incident and taken measures to prevent a miscommunication like this from being repeated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will consider joining us again if you travel nearby.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of at staying at The Omni Grove Park Inn in early July. This has been a personal bucket list hotel of mine and I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and the history is amazing. The staff is very knowledgeable and is happy to share the history with you. A must stop is going up the original elevator and seeing pictures of the building of the property. So amazing to see. We stayed in one of the newer wings but I would definitely try and stay in the original/main building in the future.

We decided to valet park but that is not necessary, self parking is very convenient and easy though a little pricey. We enjoyed a nice dinner on the Sunset Terrace, the views are amazing and the service exceptional. We also enjoyed drinks at Edison, again great views and a nice place to relax with a drink. The breakfast buffet in Blueridge is very good. I have not seen so many options in a breakfast buffet until dining here.

I would highly recommend this hotel for the atmosphere just keep in mind food options on property are not inexpensive. But the service provided by all staff is outstanding.

Room Tip: I would definitely try to stay in the original main building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First of all the resort is beautiful and several of the outdoor dining areas have real nice views and all the employees go out of their way to help. The negatives: they nickel and dime you wherever they can. At check-in they try to upsell you on accommodations...if they have extra capacity at other hotels I've been upgraded for free...at this hotel the rooms aren't inexpensive to begin with so it would be a welcomed gesture. You walk into the room and see a bottle of water that says $5 if you want it...this is supposed to be a 4 star resort...bad form. Rooms are super small and a little dated. Resort fee addt'l $25 and self-parking fee of $15 add to the problem. I wouldn't call the resort a good value but nice for a romantic getaway if you want to stay mostly on property and don't mind being overcharged for everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al S

Thank you for being a guest of ours recently and forwarding along your feedback. We are glad to learn that you found our property beautiful and our staff was accommodating. We are however sorry for the impression that you developed that we try to "nickel and dime". We try very hard to present all costs associated with a stay, prior to booking, and do not intend to hide fees by any means. We now offer a "Built Inn" package that includes everything all in the initial cost as we are aware that many of our guests prefer it this way. We hope you had a good time while you were here and that we'll have a chance to welcome you back someday.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The place is worth seeing. The food is good, but expensive. The service is very good. The room amenities were poor for the price you pay to stay there. Come visit, but don't stay. Bring a heavy sweater-inside they keep very cold.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business