“Most Relaxing Vacation ~ Excellent Customer Service”

The Omni Grove Park Inn
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Grove Park Inn for three nights to celebrate our birthdays. From the time we arrived, the staff was helpful and friendly. Everyone says Hello and there were many times when we were offered extra perks. Upon arriving, we were offered an upgrade to our room, and when I mentioned it was my fiancee's 50th birthday, I was able to secretly arrange a special surprise for him (Thank you to Ian at the front desk!!!). Our room was AMAZING! So much space, and the bed was like a dream. Happy Hour in the Lounge was such a treat, with the staff always willing to give us whatever we wanted with a smile. We had a birthday dinner at the Sunset Terrace, and the scallops I ordered were the best I have ever eaten. The shrimp were so large, we had to cut them with our knives. The staff at the Spa were just as accommodating as the hotel staff. Always willing to help and always with a smile. Housekeeping did a fantastic job sprucing up our room each day. I really do not have one negative thing to say about the Grove Park Inn. I guess if I had to say something negative, it would be that the spa tub in our room did not shut off when we pressed the buttons. It seemed to be on a timer and shut off by itself after 30 minutes....but, honestlly, that is the only thing that I can think of. We will certainly go back in the future. I just got back to work today, and I'm already on the web site looking at dates for future trips. Thank you for the best vacation I've ever had!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the Club Floor and we had a mountain view (11th floor). This room was VERY quiet and t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,625)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This historic hotel has a beautiful exterior and grounds but the rooms in the Semmons wing are not special at all. Not to mention that it's a good five minute walk from this wing to the front of the hotel and even farther if you want to go to the coffee shop.

2  Thank Allison R
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The staff is very friendly, the rooms and beds are extremely comfortable, and the food is AMAZING!! I will ONLY stay at this hotel when I'm ever in Asheville. I've already stayed twice this year!! The hotel has so many amenities that you never have to leave, however, if you do need to go out, they are conveniently located less than ten minutes from downtown Asheville. There is also a lot of history in this hotel, which makes it very interesting and exciting to stay here as well. This Omni is definitely one of my favorites!!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We came to this hotel with such high expectancy! It's location is absolutely great, the views are superb, the service pretty good. The room itself did not offer much. The bathroom had no room to put down any cosmetics (any woman brings lots of stuff), the room faced the front with no soundproofing, one could hear cars, people talking, doors slammed... The best part was breakfast, buffet was very well stocked and offered all kinds of options for every taste... We had it included in the room price package. We had dinner at The View - the french restaurant with a magnificent view. The server was great, knowledgable and friendly, the only glitch was that we showed up 10 min early (had a reservation at 8:15) and even though the restaurant had plenty of empty tables, they made us wait 15 minutes before seating us (very annoying). The spa is magnificent, we had a peak, though could not use it for lack of time. All in all, beautiful place, worth staying there at least once!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a very special place to end my 5 day Camp with my Grandchildren. We had been on a dude ranch riding horses. I thought they would enjoy being pampered a little. We stayed in the older part of the Inn with the Mountain View and it was heavenly. The view out our window was beautiful. Just wish they had been old enough to visit the spa.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We loved hearing how much you and your grandchildren enjoyed everything, from the mountain views to your historic accommodations in our Main Inn. We hope you will return and maybe even consider a spa treatment when the kids are old enough.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and then stayed extra nights after the conference. I would have rated this hotel's sleep quality higher except for them allowing pets. I am not opposed to pets being in the hotel (pet owner myself), but there was constant barking in the room next to mine until I finally had to call the front desk, who had security fix the problem. I am not sure what their rules are about pets, but I would have expected them to not mix guests with and without pet on the same floor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience but are very sorry for the disruption you encountered due to another guest's dogs. We try hard to monitor our pet rooms to ensure there is no disruption and always enforce our pet policy if there is a continued problem. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and for choosing to stay an extra night after your conference. We hope you will be able to visit us again someday.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Food quality on the Sunset Terrace spotty and service slow. Excellent service and food at the Blue Ridge dining room. Friendliness of front desk staff variable. Very friendly and efficient guest services. Very nice rooms (refurbished Vanderbilt Wing), clean, very well maintained with turndown service at night. Golf course in poor shape, no discount for hotel guests, a poor value.

2  Thank John M

Thank you for being a guest of ours and taking the time to forward your comments on your stay. We apologize for not being able to offer the value that you were searching for as well as the areas where you saw that service could have been better. We have reviewed your comments with our management and will work to correct these shortcomings. We are glad you liked your room in our Vanderbilt Wing as well as the helpful nature of our guest services. We hope to welcome you back someday.