“A beautiful place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“A beautiful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband attended a meeting here so we stayed several days. It was a beautiful setting. Centrally located to other attractions such as Chimney Rock state park, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and downtown Asheville. The golfers in the group stated the coarse was excellent.

Room Tip: Most in our group stated in the 'newer' section of the hotel and did not prefer the 'ori...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Hungarian first
Swannanoa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The whole staff are attentive, welcoming and accommodating. The setting is unbeatable and the facility is unique. The food service options are wide and offer a lot of variety. We are local to the Inn, but made this a special anniversary event that made great memories. This was a trip worth saving up for. You won't go wrong here!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you very much for choosing us as the destination for your stay-cation and taking the time to pass along your kind remarks. We always love hearing stories from our local guests who stay with us on special occasions and it made us very happy to learn that your recent experience was everything you wanted it to be. We are happy to share such a beautiful city with you and hope to welcome you back someday.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Upon Check in the lobby was so loud and the Desk clerk could not speak English very well I had to keep asking him to repeat EVERYTHING. He asked if I wanted Valet, or Self Parking - He told me the price difference so I said Self Parking - Especially since my room was so close. He never told me that the parking was also charged to my room - so when we left daily we paid for parking at the garage - and now I see I also paid for it on my hotel room bill. The room was on the corner like I had requested - but GOOD LORD - it's like a room at the Hampton Inn with a View. I can not tell you how displeased I was with the quality of the room. Danny Glover apparently stayed there back in the 80's - so I guess the room is stuck in a time warp. The bathroom is so small - you don't even have room to shut the door without straddling the toilet. The bathrooms are horrible. I've stayed at cheap roadside hotels with better bathrooms. When you are paying that much for a room you expect some nicer finishes. The door to our room would not even close on its own. We would have to either pull the door closed, or push it closed upon exit. We returned one evening from Drinks so housekeeping could clean the room and the door was open. All anyone had to do was pull the handle and they could have gotten into our room. We immediately called the front desk - and whoever answered was ever so helpful...their response "Is this something you would like fixed?" REALLY????? Your staff just left our room WIDE open and that's your response? The Spa was the biggest let down. It felt very sterile. Lower Class. All of the therapists we encountered were great. However it felt like a factory - next...next...next...where are your papers? I have never been to a spa where you had to carry a book around with you everywhere. How ridiculous is that? Our package included lunch at the Spa Cafe. Once we ordered it took a WHOLE 1 minute for our food to be delivered. Well don't I feel special...am I at McDonalds - or at a Spa? The Spa staff not including the Therapists were all just very Bland. No Customer Service at all. We ordered Milk and Coffee one evening for room service. The young lady that delievered it was SUPER friendly - and had GREAT Customer Service. I do not remember her name - but she was great. The next morning I had scheduled a coffee service for 6:30AM At 6:50 I called to inquire about the coffee and the gentleman that answered the phone said 'It's sitting at your door' No knock, or anything? Or even a call to say we Knocked and there was no answer? Around 6:30 I did feel like I heard Something so I went to the door - there was no one there that I could see through the peephole. No Bellstaff ever offerred to help with our bags. Actually there was no one in the hotel that offered any real help. Everyone just stood at their station in their uniforms. All they know how to do is whatever they were trained to do. I will not be returning again. We wanted to try something different from where we normally stay...but we learned that sometimes change is NOT good.

5 Thank Thomas S
Los Gatos, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was looking forward to staying at the Grove Park Inn. I knew it was going to be expensive, but my family loves staying in historic hotels and I thought it would be worth it. We arrived at 4:00 and planned to go straight to the pool since we had a limited time to enjoy the hotel. To begin with our room key didn't work and it took the staff over 45 minutes to fix it. The battery was out and security had to call a second person to help. In the meantime, we wanted to go to the pool, but we didn't have a working room key and couldn't change into our bathing suits with the two staff members in the room. We called the front desk when it was apparent that it was going to take a while to fix. We hoped that we would be moved to another room. No such luck. We went to the Great Hall for drinks before dinner at the Sunset Terrace. The bar tender in the Great Hall was extremely rude. My husband attempted to ask him a few questions about the hotel and his answers were flippant to the point of being unfriendly. He did not make us feel like valued customers. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable. For the price, I expected the service to be impeccable and friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Cheryl S
We are grateful for having you as our guest and for the feedback you have given us about your stay. Please accept our apologies for the uncharacteristic behavior you encountered by one of our staff members. We are investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved soon as this type of behavior is not tolerated. We hope you will have a chance to come visit us again someday and see that the experience you referenced is not at all in-line with the helpful, caring southern hospitality that we have become known for.
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Wonderful old hotel, very unique. Food and drink service and quality very good. Only issues were loud and rude patrons in dining room but staff finally was able to quite them down. Awakened at 2 AM with loud talking outside room.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

From check-in to check-out, the experience was amazing. We had our wedding there on the Vanderbilt Terrace and the event staff was incredible to work with. Wonderful experience and breathtaking views. I would recommend to anyone visiting the Asheville area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Congratulations on your recent milestone and thank you for choosing to celebrate it with us! We are very glad that every part of your experience was amazing and appreciate you taking the time to forward your comments. We hope you will return to re-live old memories and create new ones as you begin this new chapter of life.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed two nights here with my sister and my boyfie. We enjoyed our stayed here and breakfast buffet! We loved the view from our room and breakfast area! Our room was clean and smells clean! :)
We had problem about our room charge but hotel personnel were nice and very helpful. We were glad we spent our weekend at Grove Park Inn Asheville NC.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends