The Pines Cottages
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$154
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
US$112
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$85
Country Inn
US$137
US$121
US$111
US$91
Hampton.com
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$172
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$264
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$293
  • Restaurant
All reviewscottage numbervintage furnishingsfur babytypical hotel roomthe king size bedstraight shotfront porchwood burning fireplacemodern amenitiesprior to our arrivalfull kitchenceiling fanthe blue ridge parkwayclose to downtownstayed longerstayed nightslocal attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We visit Asheville often, and decided to try The Pines as we got a groupon, and as this place is pet friendly. We stayed in cabin 9, and it was more than adequate; well furnished, quaint, and plenty of room for two. While the overall cleanliness was fine, the floors and back porch could have used some attention. The only thing that was slightly annoying was the lack of wifi - we asked in the office and were told there were two networks to choose from, but they did not show up at all. However, no wifi is no big deal unless you plan to stay there on business, so I would still recommend this place as a decent pet friendly alternative.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our cottage was a great value and enjoyable stay. Asheville is pricey--and we found our two-bed cabin to be spacious, cute, and surprisingly clean given its age and the affordable price we had paid in such a trendy, expensive area. This property is "natural" as opposed to expertly maintained/landscaped. This means there are wild garden areas and plenty of growth around the cabins as opposed to manicured lawns or professional landscaping. It is also clear that the cottages are old and under renovation. When we jiggled the key enough to open the front door (growing a tad nervous, I have to admit), we were very pleasantly surprised with the interior. Wood floors, charming but simple décor, nicely painted, very very clean, well-cooled by the wall unit A/C (in fact it was freezing until we adjusted it), and astonishingly fresh and smell-free. I have stayed in many older bargain locations in my lifetime and visited much of older America. Old wood comes with funky smells. But this was NOT the case at all somehow in this cottage. It was fresh, clean, and (as I would agree with previous reviewers) charmingly simple and shabby chic. Reviewers are correct in saying that there is road noise. Yes, the property faces a fairly busy (two-lane) highway on the other side of a stand of pines. It did not bother me in the slightest. Despite cars parked in front of cottages, I never saw or heard another person--including the owners. The owners do not necessarily keep the office open the hours that they claim. There is clearly a laid-back vibe. (Quintessential Asheville, perhaps?) However, when we did a self check out on a Sunday morning shoving checks and notes through the door, the primary contact from our party received a nice email from the owners. They had applied all the monies as we had asked and were very pleasant and agreeable always via email. I also love that this is a pet-friendly establishment. The cottages are simple but very clean with piles of fresh towels. The location is also outstanding--very, very close to Biltmore, to downtown, to the Grove Inn, to the interstate, and there were nearby drug stores, grocery stores, etc. In its simplicity and with its vintage appearance, it is not the sort of place for everyone--but I will not hesitate to return with my family (and labradoodle) as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Have child attending UNCA in the fall. Found this deal on Groupon. So this was our accommodations for 2 nights. Absolutely loved this place!
We had cottage #10, (pics to follow). Upon walking in we were greeted with a clean fresh bed that I was ready to jump into! The cottages are small or 'quaint' as some would describe, but perfect size for my husband & I. Just like a tiny house. Large bedroom/ living area. Small kitchen and a bathroom with a standing shower. There was cable tv & wifi, huge plus. The bed slept really well. After returning from a long day at UNCA, we arrived back to cottage 10 with a fresh made bed and clean towels and cloths. We didn't make a mess by no means but when we returned it looked as great as it did when we arrived! I was surprised to know that they had housekeeping at the cottages. The second day we had to leave and check out early, (again for UNCA) so we didn't fully have time to enjoy the grounds. There is some highway noise, but nothing the tv can't tune out or me going to sleep. It wasn't loud as some of the reviews have mentioned, it was just noticeable at times, like a hum- certainly no bother for me, even if I was able to relax and have had time to do nothing.
Bottom line is this. When we are in the area again for college or any other reason. The Pines cottages WILL BE OUR PLACE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Pine Cottages were a nice place to stay in Asheville! It was a quick drive to the Biltmore House and downtown. The cottages were dated, but that's what makes them unique! Everything was clean and the towels were very soft. The owners made you feel right at home!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed in cabin 9 at the end of April. Allen was welcoming and a wealth of information about the area. I would describe our cabin as shabby/chic. It was a bit chilly, so Allen came to our cabin to explain the use of the gas heater. The cabin had all the ammenities we needed. It was clean and comfortable. We liked that it was outside of town but a very easy drive into town. It is also close to most major highways. The price was very reasonable, and we would definitely recommend The Pines Cottages.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple