Open today: 10:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
I've used many outfitters and they are excellent

Reviewed 4 days ago
Tour10564849853
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3rd Annual Fall Canoe Trip - great as always!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
caswellcw
Charleston, South Carolina

All reviews kayak trip easy paddle relaxing float mile float hominy highly recommend this outfitter rental equipment launch site great kayaking beautiful trip biltmore property shuttle driver paddle boarding biltmore tour awesome guide these guys awesome experience
Reviewed 4 days ago

My wife and I paddled the French Broad last week. we were the only people on the shuttle, but the rates were very reasonable. They may have lost money given it was only us. Their shop had really good gear my wife enjoyed shopping thru. The driver gave us tips on being safe on the water

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our third year working with FBO to outfit our fall canoe trip on the French Broad River. A little miscommunication getting shuttle set up so we got to put in and on the river later than expected (I should have called to double confirm the day before). Everything else was great. Staff is very professional and rental/shuttle very reasonably priced. We brought a lot of gear which was accommodated by the shuttle bus and trailer. We did three days and two nights on the river for a total of 38 miles.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

had an awesome guide for a 4 hour raft trip down the french broad. 1st time, and would go and do again for sure. Outstanding outfitter, made for a super fun day

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our kayaking trip, so relaxing! Staff was relaxed & fun. Might have a little more safety instruction. We had a great time but another person that started with us flipped her kayak @ the first bridge & don’t know if she was able to recover it. Might need to give a more serious warning to beginners about the importance of staying right by blue dot!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Folks were pleasant and very helpful. Had a great boating experience that was easy and that anyone could do.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My 13 yo son is a whitewater kayaker. We were in the market for a Creek/river runner style boat and used FBRO as our Dagger source. They found the correct size Nomad for my son to demo when originally they didn’t have that boat as a demo. They were helpful, knowledgeable and prompt with a best price quote for the boat style we liked. They are also great about letting (non renting) boaters use their back parking lot to put-in or out of the FB river.Only improvement I can offer is their ability to answer the phone and/or return calls during high season. I know why they can’t answer is because they are tied up with a customer in the shop, but getting a call back later would be helpful as not everything can be done through their online site.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had an amazing time! Accidentally booked the wrong date and they were still able to squeeze us in. Every one of their employees were so friendly. We did the Biltmore section of the river and it was lovely. At the end every employee we encountered asked how it was and seemed very genuine. Will definitely be a repeat customer! Thanks FBO!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was not only an easy, enjoyable and gorgeous trip, it was very dog friendly. We took our chihuahua and he loved it. So relaxing!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On a beautiful, sunny day we spent just over 2 hours kayaking on the picturesque French Broad River. It was a leisurely 6 mile paddle that took us past Biltmore Estate and an array of impressive local scenery. Our group of 8 consisted of 4 adults and 4 children (ages 6 to 9), and we split into double kayaks. The river was slow running with minimal current, and the water very shallow for majority of the trip. Tour operators were friendly and helpful. Fantastic way to spend a couple of hours and enjoy the natural beauty of Asheville.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Got a 2 person kayak for my wife and I to do the Biltmore excursion. Not hard at all and a ton of fun.