“Interactive Museum”

Ranked #9 of 383 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Relive the Kennedy era in this dynamic combination museum and library, where your visit starts with a short film and then leaves you on your own to explore a series of fascinating exhibits, including the Kennedy-Nixon debate, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the space program, 1960s campaign paraphernalia and displays about Jacqueline and other Kennedy family members. The striking, I.M. Pei-designed building overlooks the water and the Boston skyline.
Massachusetts
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Interactive Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This museum is interactive and brings history alive. Really love this place. I would love to go back again.

Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Wonderful time capsule experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Although hard to get to (road construction and detours which impacted signage) it was well worth the effort! Great look back at the early sixties, even for those who may not have lived through them like me. If you take the "T" it may take two trains with a transfer, but this was a great experience with very informative docent led free tours.

Visited July 2014
Rockland ma
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Went with my kids.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was the second time I had visited the Library, the first being when I was a kid, of which I remembered very little. My 11 year old and 13 year old (on crutches) went to the museum with me. The introductory movie was excellent, telling of JFK's early political life. We then moved onto the exhibits from his presidency. There were lots of artifacts, displays, documents and letters to go through. The kids were initially interested, but that faded the further we moved into the exhibit. They tended to gravitate toward the displays of articles from JFK's desk, Jackie's jewelry, the Berlin Wall, etc. I was more interested in the articles and photos, of which there were significantly more to go through. The kids finished moving through the exhibits before I did and were a bit bored at the end waiting for me. There were benches throughout the exhibits where my son could sit and rest for a bit. Overall, it was worthwhile, but I wouldnt recommend with very young children. Admission was $14 for an adult, $10 for kids over 12 and under 12 free.

Visited July 2014
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“good for tourist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Unfortuately, I've seen alot of JFK specials and the like so there was nothing new here but lesser history buffs will like it.

Visited June 2014
Pickering, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I had no interest but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was in my late teens when my mother pulled me into the library. I had always like JFK and had learned quite a bit of his presidency but I had no interest in going to spend a day there. By the time they were closing the library my mother was pulling me out of there as I inched my way out trying to absorb all on my way. Definitely a great place to see!

Visited September 2013