“nothing special, but still nice”
Review of Chinatown

and up
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour with Optional Harbor Cruise
Ranked #99 of 400 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: One of America's largest Chinese neighborhoods, Boston's Chinatown is located at the edge of the downtown shopping and financial districts.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Probably not the most clean and relaxing place of the city, however it has some strong character and charm. If you are in Boston and have half a hour free, it could be a worth place for a short visit.

2  Thank drepi

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The area was interesting to see, but not as much to see or do as I expected. I was ready to spend hours walking around checking things out, but the concierge told us 30 minutes would be enough - she was right. We ate at the Eastern Ocean restaurant (can't find it on TripAdvisor), and it was good, but not great. The shops were full of really, really cheap (as in cheaply made) trinkets and I ended up not buying anything. Glad I saw it, but glad I didn't plan to spend hours there. It was a safe area, by the way!

5  Thank amystar137
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Like the title states. Had higher expectations for Chinatown but it was still something to see and experience. Finding good food seemed to be hit or miss but it's worth trying different places.

3  Thank Kinneyn D
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My heritage makes me visit almost every single Chinatown wherever I go. I'd say this is a fair one. There are not many museums nearby. Instead there are tons of restaurants (which is good in some sense, but I didn't visit any of them so I can't judge their authentication). I really liked the gate though, reminds me of similar things back home

2  Thank Tiffany X
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Visit Chinatown in Boston has been a walk in a part of the ancient culture of China. Represented in its architectural elements, sculptures and meals and the market in general that you find here. I was impressed greatly and made me remember our historic Chinatown in my beloved Havana Cuba.
I also got to know about the significance or symbolism of some important elements of Chinese culture like the Chinese guardian lions or Imperial guardian lion, traditionally known in Chinese simply as Shi. The symbolism of Lions Fu is also considered in the studies on their association with Feng Shui monitoring, fair play and the defense of the weak.

3  Thank joellit2003