“A fun neighborhood to explore & enjoy!”
Review of Chinatown

and up
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour with Optional Harbor Cruise
Ranked #95 of 402 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: One of America's largest Chinese neighborhoods, Boston's Chinatown is located at the edge of the downtown shopping and financial districts.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I love to hit Chinatown for lunch when I visit the city. There is a hubway rack close by so if you are using the city's bicycle rentals (which I strongly suggest), it is a nice stop to make. The red line also stops at the edge of the neighborhood.

It's a small neighborhood with many options for lunch, every time I come I pick a new place, order up a nice big noodle dish (typically $10 or less), and enjoy.

You'll also find street vendors selling very interesting/ unidentifiable fruits & veggies, nicknacks & souvenirs, a good sized street market for produce, food trucks (WOW Korean BBQ), and a wide variety of shops & bakeries.

All of these details make this one of my favorite neighborhoods in Boston to visit.

2  Thank BodhisMommy

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved this Chinatown! It just so happened that the day I went it was Chinatown Main Street Festival! So there was a nice little show with dancing and singing.The shopping is also very good. There are some beautiful little finds available. You really should visit!

2  Thank Shilohna
Reviewed 5 June 2014

China Town in Boston Ma.. Is a Very Good place For Discovery. It has worlds within worlds. Like the Sea. Something on top and a whole life under water. The shops are a thrill to browse and Buy. They are Very affordable. The Food is Awesome. The Diners and pastry shops are Very Good to Eat in. You can Find a lot of Verity here. The people are Very Friendly and polite. Lot's of Happy faces. Eager to help and show you the way. Restaurant's are Very Exotic and Exciting to Eat at. They offer the Best of China Town Dining. Every where you turn is something new and something old. Surprises are everywhere. Parking is not advised. It is better to take the T or walk too. Also Taxi are good idea. If your looking for Fun , Food , and people? This is the place. Meet you in China Town :)

2  Thank Gerard G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Probably not the most clean and relaxing place of the city, however it has some strong character and charm. If you are in Boston and have half a hour free, it could be a worth place for a short visit.

2  Thank drepi
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The area was interesting to see, but not as much to see or do as I expected. I was ready to spend hours walking around checking things out, but the concierge told us 30 minutes would be enough - she was right. We ate at the Eastern Ocean restaurant (can't find it on TripAdvisor), and it was good, but not great. The shops were full of really, really cheap (as in cheaply made) trinkets and I ended up not buying anything. Glad I saw it, but glad I didn't plan to spend hours there. It was a safe area, by the way!

5  Thank amystar137

Been to Chinatown? Share your experiences!