“Must try the Seared Octopus!”
Review of Saltie Girl

Saltie Girl
Ranked #126 of 3,424 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful meal at Salty Girl! Get there about an hour or 90 minutes before you actually plan to eat to put your name down and then if you like walking, enjoy some time at the St. Charles Esplanade walking hand in hand and taking picturesque sunset photos. We did that and had a nice romantic time and 10 minutes before the hour mark hit we walked back and got the phone call saying our table was ready just a minutes after we were waiting outside the restaurant.

We sat at the bar area since it was the 2 of us. We didn't mind sitting there because the bartender was making these fantastic cocktails in front of us and the chefs were plating gorgeous little plates so it was quite a show. If you want a table for 2, im guessing you may have to wait longer for one.

We ordered the seared octopus appetizer and wow it was amazing! Everything plated with the octopus to go with it was absolutely delicious. Don't think we are ever going to find an octopus plate as delicious ever again. The plate was licked clean.

We also had the Lobster and Waffles dish which was crazy crazy good. Don't knock it til you try especially if you love the OG chicken and waffles.

Forewarning, it's pricy but you'll definitely remember the experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went to Saltie Girl for their lobster roll and I couldn’t be more happy about it! It’s not cheap (36 dollars for the sandwich), but sooo worthy it! Huge chunks of lobster perfectly cooked, great buttery brioche bread and an amazing service to it. A must go in Boston!
Ps: I recommend to order it warm.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Honestly one of the best meals that I’ve ever had. I honestly can’t believe how good the Lobster roll is. I promise you that you can’t go wrong with this place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I visited Saltie Girl for dinner last week and had a phenomenal experience. We started with half a dozen oysters from various parts of the New England area. The Oysters were fresh and each type had a unique flavor profile that was accurately described on their daily menu. Next we had the French Snails in Shell. The snails were tender and soaked in a flavorful garlic herb butter sauce. The side of toasted bread nicely soaked up any remaining sauce. The Tinned Sardines Toast came out next and was a parade of flavors. The thick toast was covered in meaty sardines, lightly sweet and creamy pepper jam, and fried garlic. The Smoked Salmon Toast was next. A generous portion of fresh salmon lay on creamy greek yogurt and drizzled with honey. Finally, we ordered the Ahi Tuna Crudo. The fresh tuna was topped with salty caviar and marinated in soy. Overall, Saltie Girl serves high quality seafood and is my favorite restaurant in Boston. Keep in mind that the restaurant does not take reservations so expect to wait for a seat. It took about half an hour for my wife and I to get seated at the bar.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous seafood bar with dozens of tinned fish. This is a tradition in Spain, and we just asked the waiter to recommend a few. The baby eel and sardines came as a charcuterie with butter, jam, ground pepper, salt and a bread basket. Unique in the US and delicious with a glass of wine. Our table also enjoyed the mussels, oysters, warm lobster roll, lobster waffles, and salmon.

This is not a common bar setup you find in most major US cities so definitely take advantage of it. We went early on a Wednesday evening and had only a short wait. I can see where a 2-3 hour wait could be expected.

Been to Saltie Girl? Share your experiences!