“Fabulous!”

Ranked #2 of 383 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Boston's oldest, largest and best-known art institution, the MFA houses one of the world's most comprehensive art collections and is renowned for its Impressionist paintings, Asian and Egyptian collections and early American art.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Walpole, MA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

There's so much to see at the Museum of Fine Arts, make sure to give yourself plenty of time! I usually start each visit with the section I saw last on my last visit because usually I'm so tired (in a good way!) by the end of a visit. I had success when I brought my son when he was 4, you just have to pace yourself.

Visited August 2013

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Worth seeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice. Once for Renoir once for Monet and quilt exhibit. It is gorgeous inside Sargent murals are worth the trip alone It is a must see in boston. We went early on a Saturday and was able to park on street so only cost 8 quarters. Parking is plentiful easy to get in and out. Great take!

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Could go there weekly if I lived in Boston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

When you visit, you get a stub that lets you return free within 10 days. We spent several hours at each visit and still didn't see everything. This is the friendliest museum I've been to - the staff is eager to engage with visitors . The museum closes at 9:45 most nights! The bravo restaurant is excellent (pricey but worth it and you can order apps and a glass of wine)

1 Thank UptownGrandma
Boston, Massachusetts
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great if you have time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

If you've never been to a museum before, but have been interested, this is a great place to go. They have so many different styles I feel like you can find something that everyone likes. Just remember... it's a big place, so give yourself plenty of time.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pretty art museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful interior. No super famous pieces that I could recognize, but I am just your average tourist walking through there. We did one of the tours which are free and the guide was very good. She knew a lot about the art and was very enthusiastic! We ate at the cafe there as well and the food was delicious. Generous portions and amazing dessert. It was a pleasant surprise since I usually find that food at tourist locations is often mediocre.

1 Thank Pishahasha