“Must see”

Ranked #6 of 419 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Boston's oldest, largest and best-known art institution, the MFA houses one of the world's most comprehensive art collections and is renowned for its Impressionist paintings, Asian and Egyptian collections and early American art.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The MFA is a Must See when you are in Boston. The architecture is superbe, the permanent collection as well as the changing exhibitions are outstanding.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,286)
All reviews
in 75 reviews
"beautiful building"
in 66 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We love this coming here .. Always fun to check out all the new exhibits it’s something we try to do a few times a year .. It’s always exciting and fun too see what’s new .. When in Boston check it out .. momkaz

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am not a huge fan of art museums, but would not miss this while in Boston. The museum is not that big and the collections are amazing!! I was never bored or felt like I was wasting my time. A few of the rooms had me in awe!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will have to say that I am not really into art, but my son has developed an interest in it. We had been to a couple of other institutes/exhibits, so I was not looking forward to visiting MFA.

MFA is so big and has so many different types of art, it would be nearly impossible to not find something you like here. I really enjoyed the historical European art. My son was able to stay longer, but I only had time to see maybe 1/4 of the exhibits.

I definitely plan to carve out time for a longer visit the next time we go to Boston.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This museum is incredible. I've been here once or twice on every visit to the City. The collections are incredible and the exhibitions are varied and interesting. There are a few gallery shops throughout that offer a wonderful selection of goods that vary in price. The museum is spotless and well-lit, with sunlight streaming in all around. The restrooms are spotless and plentiful, and the staff everywhere is kind and helpful. The tours are easy to catch at the help desk, and offered for American and European Art, and others as well. If you only have a short time, grab the Highlights of the MFA tour...they will share with you some of the best pieces, and provide plenty of information surrounding them. I have been to many, many art museums (My BA is in Art History), and this is truly one of the best.

1  Thank o2bcre8ive

Been to Museum of Fine Arts? Share your experiences!