“Great tour!”

Go Boston Card
Ranked #17 of 139 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hop off and hop back on to explore Freedom Trail Sites, go shopping, dine across town and/or visit area attractions, locations, the harbor, and so much more. During the Winter we are only open on weekends, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am to 3:30pm. Please call ahead or email us about your dates. We reserve the right to close for inclement weather.
Winter Haven, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome tour. We had a package and loved the boat ride. Our first tour guide was awesome. But our second one "the duke" not so much. I wish I had
More time in Boston to stop at all the stops. Thank you to
The bus company for a
Great service.

2 Thank Kerriecherry

• Korean first
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We took the trolley hope on/hope off and the duck tour of the harbor. Great and entertaining tour guides on both the trolleys and boat. Our 2nd trolley driver was hilarious talking about the spotting of the "yellow shirted, jay walker" etc. Would highly recommend.

Boston, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“You really get to know the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have taken this trolley before a few months ago with some friends and the driver who was supposed to explain the sights to you was less then stellar. We ended up hearing about his life then the city. But on a happier note, I took this trolley again with my parents being in town and it was grrreat! David P. was the best driver. He really took the time to explain things and almost gave us an itinerary of what to do in Boston to get the most out of it. I got the tickets on groupon so it also comes with a 45 min harbor cruise. So the money was well worth it!

Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tom Collins = best of 4 guides we had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently went to Boston with several family members; at my sister's recommendation, we purchased our CityView tickets through Groupon (a GREAT value that included all-day hop on, hop off trolley rides and one harbor cruise that offers great views of the cityline on the way out to the USS Constitution). The first two drivers we had were decent enough (the harbor cruise guide spoke in a B-O-R-I-N-G monotone), but Tom Collins definitely outmatched them all. With his Southie accent and insider knowledge of all things Boston, his spiel was by far the most entertaining. The trolleys are a great way to see and learn more about the City, but combined value and Tom's personality made CityView the company we will choose again. Insider tip: make sure you know all of the duckling's names. :)

1 Thank MsAbbott1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“CityView Duck Tours ran by the same company: bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

So I'm gonna review the duck tour ran by the same company. Cannot find it on tripadvisor.
There are three companies provide duck tours. We go to Boston every year and we tried all of them. Boston Duck Tour is the best. CityView one is the worst.
Ok. So I went on the tour with my 5 year old son, who has a mild muscle disease, which affects his mobility. During the tour, two things happened and put me off very much.
1. My son loves the duck boat driving part the best. He had talked abt it for days. So when we got on board, it was difficult to keep him sit still and wait. Then he was the first one to drive. After that, other kids did too. Maybe they were older so they were definitely less excited. The captain had to encourage a couple kids to try. When it came to the end, he asked " anyone else wanna try?" nobody answered. so my son said "me me!!" again. Guess what the captain said "one chance only. no no. ok. lets go back." Can you imagine how shocked I was and disappointed my boy?!?! You asked if anyone wanna try, and someone said yes and you just turned him down. What was that??!! He was the ONLY one there whi cared so much about the driving part probably and you just ruined his little hope by saying things like that!! That's more than being MEAN.

2. When the tour finished. I let everyone get off first. cuz it would take a while for my son to get off. Then I carried two big bags of medical equipment and my son to get off. The captain waited down the steps and said you could just let him walk. I said he can't. Then he replied "Com'on..". He didn't offer any help with the bags or anything.

During the tour, this guy said "it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice." I love this quote. But obviously, he was not NICE to us at all.

My son insisted to tip him 5 dollars. He said to me "mommy it's okay. He didn't know. Never mind." He is only 5 years old!

I wrote this only because I hope the company or any other duck boat captains get a chance to see this. Being nice is not a lip service, it should come from your heart.

4 Thank Aegirlala