“Great views”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We stayed here on vacation for five days in middle to late September. Our room was on floor 38 so it was very quiet and we had a great view looking towards Symphony Hall. The room was tidy and clean and the elevators were fast and frequent. One lamp in our room wasn't working but the low energy bulb was replaced within 30 minutes of us reporting it. The location of this hotel is excellent. It is possible to walk to the two nearest T stations without having to cross a road and there is plenty to see and do in the immediate area. There are good local restaurants - we particularly liked Atlantic Fish on Newbury Street. We ate breakfast in the hotel at Gourmeli's. This wasn't cheap but it was convenient, there was a wide range of good food and the service was excellent. Coffee and fresh orange juice were topped up regularly. This is a really good hotel, the best we stayed at during our vacation, but unlike other hotels there is no computer with Internet access for guest use so we had to go to an Internet Cafe to check our emails.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (3,310)

Reviewed 25 October 2007

The hotel's location was the highlight of my stay.
Copley Place has everything one could imagine and there is plenty to do in Boston. The hotel itself was not worth the money.
My room was dark and had stains on the floor. The bed linen was not the cleanest and the bathroom was not clean effectively during my entire 5 night stay.
I would not recommend this hotel. They nickel and dime you for everything and the rate is astronomical for what you get.
The pictures online are decieving as well.
I wouldn't return unless nothing else is available in town

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 20 October 2007

A very disappointing stay! I stayed here for a convention in October 2007, but missed the convention room rate by a couple days. I needed to go, so I got stuck paying the $549/nt rate. I stayed at the hotel once before in 2000, and it's starting to show its age. My room was small for the price. I requested a king and got two double beds. The carpet had a 2 x 10 inch burn at the foot of one of the beds. They gave nothing for free -- you need to shell out an extra $10/day for wired internet. The exercise facility was nice, but packed every time I tried to use it. The water fountain in the exercise room was out of order, though you could buy bottled water at a machine next to the sauna. I volunteered for the committee that sets up future conferences -- we won't be coming back. If you can get a rate in the $200 range, it's worth it based on the location. If you get stuck in the same situation as me, you have several alternatives within a couple blocks. Try the Sheraton or Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank New_Yooper
Reviewed 11 October 2007

I stayed at the Boston Marriott Copley Place for 7 nights in October 2007. I must say that I originally thought that the accommodation fee of USD281- per night was expensive at first (wedding rate, coz standard price is above USD320). When I realised what real "value" for money I was getting, I thought otherwise!

The wide range of hotel services are excellent, reception staff were friendly and check-in/check-out process very fast. My room was on the 27th floor but the elevators are fast and there are around five or six of them (some are limited to certain floors only).

I made use of their laundry service and my shirts were delivered crisp clean and ironed on the same day. I also ordered room service and food was always delieverd within 20 minutes. I particularly liked their breakfast (nice crispy bacon...).

Internet service (network LAN type), costs around $9 per day and the speed is excellent. Entertainment via TV is also excellent with a good selection of movies, costing around $14.

The housekeeper lady (her name was Chu) cleaned and made the room, discrete and not missing one single thing. Extremely satisfied with the cleanliness. Her attention to detail was what I liked most.

Although mentioned in other posts I must say that the view from the upper floor is outstanding. Try and get a room on the 27th floor or higher in order to experience the spectacular view (and save on having to go to the he prudential Skywalk tour, although this is a 360 degrees view....).

Although i was staying over in Boston for business purposes (and therefore had little time to go around), I managed to see a few attractions. I took the dusckboat tour which I thoroughly enjoyed - try and book the blue/white duckboat because the driver (or captain, usually in uniform) really entertains, an ex-cop with an extremly good knowledge of Boston, the tourist attractions and am sure he's one of their best in terms of entertainment value (his jokes are really good...so if you do decide to go, do leave the captain/driver a tip will ya?....If you have small kids, they will be allowed to drive the boat on the Charles River, which I thought was very cool!

Located just across the road from the hotel. Major shopping malls are walking distance but prices are rather steep, would recommend you visit Fanheuil Hall, plenty of good shops over there. Good sushi place within one of the arcades at Fanheuil Hall, much cheaper then the one located within Mariott Copley Place.

Overall an experience I will never forget. Mariott Copley Place's exceptional location, range of services and friendly staff are hard to come by and difficult to beat. If you want an exteremely good hotel in Boston where your every need is satisfied, look no further.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank Kirento
Reviewed 6 October 2007

We stayed at the Boston Marriott in for 5 days back in September,2007.

What a great choice ! We're very happy right from the start. From the staffs at check in to the maid that came and cleaned and made our room..it was 1st class "ALL the WAY". We couldnt asked for more in the sense of services that were shown to us during our short stay.

The room were big enough for 4 of us and the view from the 27th floor was breathtaking. We didnt request for a floor so high up but the lady at check in was more than happy to assign us to the 27th floor...that's" walking and extra mile" for the guest.

Boston Marriott is located close to all major attractions. The duckboat tour was just acrossed from the hotel. The Boston City Trolley has a desk in the lobby and the hotel is one of its many stops. Now that's convenient ! Major shopping malls are walking distance and so as the many parks around Copley Place.

Best in location,services and friendly staffs... as far as my family is concerned. Boston Marriott is TOP notch all the way ! We'll be back.

One of our family members was interviewed by your Marketing Sales Manager name "Brooke" (hope Ive the right spelling) when we were waiting to board the DuckTour. I think he was very impressed with my sibling. My sibling did not only received not only 2 luggage tags but a t-shirt from TRIPADVISOR...that's was the highlight of our trip to Boston. Enclosed are pictures from our trip.

As always...we like to keep intouch so we can be intouched !!

Kam

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank asiantraveler-TRIP
Reviewed 6 October 2007

We stayed at the Marriott Copley Place over the Fourth of July. Although it was raining miserably, the hotel had plenty of windows on the highest floors to view the spectacular fireworks. We requested
the highest floor and, as a result, we saw fireworks from every suburb of Boston from our room. It was one memorable experience and the sports bar was inexpensive and very good. Also, the Marriott is walking distance to Fenway Park and it is connected to the Prudential
Center. I highly recommend this hotel over any in Boston. The Valet staff was also friendly and pleasant. Lastly, the Boston Duck Tours begin directly across the street.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank Lori B
Reviewed 12 September 2007

What a great surprise! This hotel is absolutely fantastic and I compare it to some of the best in the world. No, it is not stuffy nor aloof. It thinks it is a convention hotel that has luxury and great customer service. It is all that and more. Staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. It is in the Back Bay area so it is not close to the Freedom Trail but Boston has so much more nearby. You will not be disappointed. Great property for Marriott. We stayed 4 nights on the 36th floor. Amazing view of the city and the Charles River. No complains whatsoever. Hotel food was excellent too. Close to great shopping and wonderful small local restaurants nearby. The "Ducks" are across the street and are a "must." I had initially been relucant to book this hotel but having stayed there, I now know my fears were unfounded. I'd stay here every opportunity I'd get to go to Boston.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple