“Very nice hotel and friendly for a big city”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Very nice hotel and friendly for a big city”
Reviewed 4 November 2007

We stayed here for three nights in October. We obviously did not do very well on the rate compared to other reviewers, we paid $429 per night. My husband expected a little more from the room because of this rate such as robes and slippers which were not included. However, I was very impressed, the Marriott brand very rarely disappoints, and when it does, it always makes amends in my experience.

We had requested a low floor room which we got. It is true that you may have to wait some time for the lifts. We also requested extra towels which were there on arrival. We wanted a late check out and were given until 6p.m. for $75. The concierge was friendly and efficient and Lifestyle limos (recommended by the hotel) provided an excellent return transfer from the airport.

We ate at the hotel restaurant, Gourmelis and service was very efficient and friendly. We were staying with our three year old daughter and all of the staff were very good with her. The place felt very friendly.

The staff at the pool were also very helpful and efficient. Overall the hotel and Boston provided a wonderful weekend break.

• Liked — All requests were met
  • Disliked — for the price it could have included a few more luxuries such as robes and slippers
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 1 November 2007

Attended a conference at this hotel. Conference rate was $259/night; regular rate was $359.

Room was stuffy (climate control was not vented to outside air, but was on an inside wall, so I suspect recirculated air). Bed was tauted to be something special, it was WAY too soft; couldn't roll over easily because body sunk so far down into mattress! Towels were thin and frayed and they were ver stingy with the number of towels.

TV reception was extremely limited. Only news, sports, a couple of cartoon channels and one or two others. Very disappointing.

Food was overpriced, mediocre.

Staff was very nice, though. I would not stay here again, even for a conference.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New England
Reviewed 31 October 2007

The room was clean. The service was fine but the two issues I had was the information in the guest directly was not up to date and the elevators were scary and not reliable.

The hotel only had two out of 9 elevators running at the time.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Hawaiiantraveler66
Bristol
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We stayed here on vacation for five days in middle to late September. Our room was on floor 38 so it was very quiet and we had a great view looking towards Symphony Hall. The room was tidy and clean and the elevators were fast and frequent. One lamp in our room wasn't working but the low energy bulb was replaced within 30 minutes of us reporting it. The location of this hotel is excellent. It is possible to walk to the two nearest T stations without having to cross a road and there is plenty to see and do in the immediate area. There are good local restaurants - we particularly liked Atlantic Fish on Newbury Street. We ate breakfast in the hotel at Gourmeli's. This wasn't cheap but it was convenient, there was a wide range of good food and the service was excellent. Coffee and fresh orange juice were topped up regularly. This is a really good hotel, the best we stayed at during our vacation, but unlike other hotels there is no computer with Internet access for guest use so we had to go to an Internet Cafe to check our emails.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
DE
Reviewed 25 October 2007

The hotel's location was the highlight of my stay.
Copley Place has everything one could imagine and there is plenty to do in Boston. The hotel itself was not worth the money.
My room was dark and had stains on the floor. The bed linen was not the cleanest and the bathroom was not clean effectively during my entire 5 night stay.
I would not recommend this hotel. They nickel and dime you for everything and the rate is astronomical for what you get.
The pictures online are decieving as well.
I wouldn't return unless nothing else is available in town

Stayed August 2007
Ishpeming, MI
Reviewed 20 October 2007

A very disappointing stay! I stayed here for a convention in October 2007, but missed the convention room rate by a couple days. I needed to go, so I got stuck paying the $549/nt rate. I stayed at the hotel once before in 2000, and it's starting to show its age. My room was small for the price. I requested a king and got two double beds. The carpet had a 2 x 10 inch burn at the foot of one of the beds. They gave nothing for free -- you need to shell out an extra $10/day for wired internet. The exercise facility was nice, but packed every time I tried to use it. The water fountain in the exercise room was out of order, though you could buy bottled water at a machine next to the sauna. I volunteered for the committee that sets up future conferences -- we won't be coming back. If you can get a rate in the $200 range, it's worth it based on the location. If you get stuck in the same situation as me, you have several alternatives within a couple blocks. Try the Sheraton or Hilton.

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — Value
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank New_Yooper
Italy
Reviewed 11 October 2007

I stayed at the Boston Marriott Copley Place for 7 nights in October 2007. I must say that I originally thought that the accommodation fee of USD281- per night was expensive at first (wedding rate, coz standard price is above USD320). When I realised what real "value" for money I was getting, I thought otherwise!

The wide range of hotel services are excellent, reception staff were friendly and check-in/check-out process very fast. My room was on the 27th floor but the elevators are fast and there are around five or six of them (some are limited to certain floors only).

I made use of their laundry service and my shirts were delivered crisp clean and ironed on the same day. I also ordered room service and food was always delieverd within 20 minutes. I particularly liked their breakfast (nice crispy bacon...).

Internet service (network LAN type), costs around $9 per day and the speed is excellent. Entertainment via TV is also excellent with a good selection of movies, costing around $14.

The housekeeper lady (her name was Chu) cleaned and made the room, discrete and not missing one single thing. Extremely satisfied with the cleanliness. Her attention to detail was what I liked most.

Although mentioned in other posts I must say that the view from the upper floor is outstanding. Try and get a room on the 27th floor or higher in order to experience the spectacular view (and save on having to go to the he prudential Skywalk tour, although this is a 360 degrees view....).

Although i was staying over in Boston for business purposes (and therefore had little time to go around), I managed to see a few attractions. I took the dusckboat tour which I thoroughly enjoyed - try and book the blue/white duckboat because the driver (or captain, usually in uniform) really entertains, an ex-cop with an extremly good knowledge of Boston, the tourist attractions and am sure he's one of their best in terms of entertainment value (his jokes are really good...so if you do decide to go, do leave the captain/driver a tip will ya?....If you have small kids, they will be allowed to drive the boat on the Charles River, which I thought was very cool!

Located just across the road from the hotel. Major shopping malls are walking distance but prices are rather steep, would recommend you visit Fanheuil Hall, plenty of good shops over there. Good sushi place within one of the arcades at Fanheuil Hall, much cheaper then the one located within Mariott Copley Place.

Overall an experience I will never forget. Mariott Copley Place's exceptional location, range of services and friendly staff are hard to come by and difficult to beat. If you want an exteremely good hotel in Boston where your every need is satisfied, look no further.

Stayed October 2007