Boston Marriott Copley Place
Agoda.com
US$340
US$314
3,438 results
All reviewscopley placechampions bargreat locationgrocery store across the streetthe concierge loungeprudential centerbusy hotellarge hotelcharles rivernewbury streethigh floorcorner roomduck tourgreat shoppingback bay stationbig cityattending a conference
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was in Boston for a conference. Even though, this hotel is not close to conference centre, I much preferred to stay here in the Back Bay area rather than out by the convention centre. The area around the hotel is full of stuff to see and eat. The Prudential Center is right across the street from the hotel. The Back Bay Station (T and Amtrak) is a quick walk through the mall on the other side of the hotel. We easily walked to Newbury Street for shops and to the Public Garden and Boston Common.

The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable, but my colleague had a problem with hair on her towels in her new room. The hotel promptly switched her into another room. One problem I had with my bed was that after so many people sitting in bed to watch TV, the head of the mattress was now lower than the rest of the mattress. I had to make sure that I slept on outside of the bed away from the night table. Otherwise, my head would be lower than my feet while sleeping. If I were to stay on my own bill, then I might not stay here because it was $229/night, but the location can't be beat.

The hotel also charged ~$13/night for in-room WiFi. There is an ethernet cable in the drawer of the desk if you want to wire your laptop. Tablets and smartphones can't access the Internet this way though. Luckily, my conference picked up the tab for the in-room WiFi. Otherwise, I think it's a ripoff to pay extra for in-room Internet, especially when the room rate is over $200/night already.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tracingstars
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This was my first stay at the Marriott Copley Place and may become my first choice during bi-monthly trips to Boston. As many reviewers noted, this hotel is essentially attached to two malls which makes eating, drinking coffee or shopping a breeze regardless of the weather! Of course, Boston is a walking city, so if you still want to shop and the weather is good, there is PLENTY more in proximity to the hotel. Also, Faneuil Hall, Newbury Street and the Freedom Trail are either a good walk or short cab right away. The T is directly across the street, and it was an easy ride for an amazing dinner in the North End. On this trip, we caught the Boston Symphony (an awesome performance) and the beautiful Symphony Hall was a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Check-in was very easy and a staff member came right over to assist me so I didn't have to wait in line. As far as our hotel room, it was a typically appointed and clean Marriott accommodation. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, and my only complaint is that it was a bit noisy. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant Champions which was okay. I would recommend venturing out for something better if you have the time. Overall, this was a great hotel. There are a number of excellent hotels in Boston so compare prices, but I recommend making this hotel a top choice!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Italiana58
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed here for the weekend. I was given a corner room--which had a very nice view, a comfortable bed, and a nice bathroom with plenty of hot water. The staff were the highlight here. Check-in was swift--and when I arrived early they already had my room ready including the small refrigerator I requested. (I am on a special diet and the refrigerator makes it easier for me to at least stay close to it!) The concierges were always friendly and gave me good recommendations and directions. The location was excellent. Plenty to do in the area--museums, shopping, restaurants...all within easy walking distance. There was also god running in the area along the river. All in all--an excellent stay and I will return, if I return to Boston.

Room Tip: A corner room on a higher floor would have a good view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IronChefNeva
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our birthdays in Boston at the Marriott Copley and had a wonderful visit. The hotel staff were friendly and professional and our room and view were incredible. We would look forward to another visit to your hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: The higher the floor it seems the better the view. If you're a 'Rewards' member, request an upgrade if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have stayed here a number of times and the hotel is consistent. Great location, attached shopping , great breakfast at Champions, helpful staff , clean room is always welcome to a guest.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family