“Great place for holiday parties!”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place for holiday parties!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I recently went to the Copley Marriott for my company work holiday party and had a blast!! My company rented out two levels of the hotel lobby/halls. First of all, the hotel is absolutely beautiful. It's a very classy place.

They had multiple open bars on each level, and even a ice luge with their company logo on it that they were pouring custom martinis down to chill (so cool!). There were multiple different food stations; a pasta station, mashed potato station, gourmet meat station, cheese and cracker station and salad bar. The food was amazing! My favorite was the butternut squash ravioli with dried cranberries on it- to die for!!!

They then had a DJ and dance floor with a pretty sweet playlist, photo booths and karaoke station for those daring party goers (or drunk ones)! And the coolest part, they provided $50,000 in "casino chips" (that were just "play" money) that you could use at different casino tables they had set up!! It was so fun! My wife and I, along with a group of my coworkers had so much fun at the blackjack tables!!! And even though our dealer, Steve, kept winning, we never lost a penny!

I hope we have our holiday party here again next year! I'm looking forward to it!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mbotaish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My company was nice enough to have its Holiday Party at the Boston Marriott Copley Place. I was traveling with my spouse and decided to get a room to avoid being on the road after a few Holiday drinks. I prepaid for my room (with specific request for a King Bed) and when I showed up at 7:30PM the registration process was a nightmare. No rooms available with a King bed (I know bed type is not guaranteed). The hotel registration staff kept offering us a room with two full beds or a room with a pull down trundle bed. Only after 20 minutes at the registration desk did the associate (who apparently kept looking for our preferred room) offer us the option to wait for a King room to be cleaned and that we can come back later. We reluctantly agreed for this last option and it seemed another ten minutes before she said - wait - I found a King room and you don't need to wait after all. She did apologize for the wait ( at least 30 minutes at the desk) but it didn't matter at that point because my colleagues were already at the party that had stated at 7PM.

The room was smaller than I anticipated, but it did have a great view of Boston and the Prudential Center (we were in room 3737)

The coat check line went on for ever and it seemed to not be moving very fast. These people were frustrated to say the least. There has to be a better process.

The Holiday Party itself was done well. The food staff did a good job at the self serve buffet stations. That said, the bartenders had no spunk and often grunted when you asked for a drink.

Room service for breakfast was delivered fast but my spouses order (Waffle with fruit) was cold.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights three day in the great city of Boston. This was our first time staying at this hotel. The room was not large but the view more than made up for that. The bed was so very comfortable which just added to the charm of the room. We would open up the curtains in the morning and just take it all in. The staff was top notch.. One other benefit of staying here was the convenience of having everything within walking distance and I didn't even have to put on my coat. Shopping, coffee, drinks and food all right there for u. We did take a few cab rides around to the aquarium and dinner at the North end. Having the valet there was a nice plus as well but....Cabs are the best way to travel with parking what it is in the city. I will definitely be back and stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I attended my company's holiday party at the Marriott. I'd never been there before and was interested to see what the inside was like. I was not disappointed! Our event took place on the fourth floor. The room was huge with tons of tables, a dance floor, casino games in the hall and plenty of food stations. Very swanky. Everything was clean, and even the bathrooms were in good shape. Employees picked up plates the moment they were finished - I thought the service was wonderful. Everyone was friendly. I especially liked the seating area on the end of the fourth floor where the desserts were located. We were able to sit and relax and laugh at the karaoke going on below us. Everyone was friendly and professional - if I need a place in Boston to spend the night, I think I'd give the Marriott at Copley Place a try!

Mssachusetts
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here on a weeknight after a holiday party. The value was pretty good for downtown Boston, and we had a beautiful view of the city from the 37th floor. The rooms are perfectly fine, but nothing to write home about. The concierge lounge was also fine. I think the real reason to stay here is location - close to tons of shopping, tourist attractions, and public transport. If you are parking in the lot at Copley go online and get a coupon to save a few dollars.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before and liked it so we decided to try it again. Its very good location for shopping and resteraunts. It's within walking distance of Boston common. You can get the coach from here to the outlet and the concierge books it for you. The staff are very helpful but they need to be tipped. The place had been refurbished since we stayed in it. The beds were not to comfortable although we did not spend much time in them as we were to busy. Would recommend this hotel

Stayed November 2013
Tennessee
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here 2 nights prior to a Canada/New England cruise on Veendam in June, 2013. The location was perfect adjoining the shopping malls with Legal Seafood restaurant, and being a covered stop on the HopOn-HopOff trolley route. Nice grocery across the street where my husband bought yougurt, fruit, pastries and juice for our in-room breakfasts, and some wine!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple