“Excellent Location Good Quality”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Excellent Location Good Quality”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel at a great downtown location. It is connected to 2 major malls with plenty of shopping and food courts. Standard Marriott quality. Parked across the street (able to get discount) rather than using valet parking. Would definitely stay here again. There is also a grocery store across the street which is very convenient.

Room Tip: Aim For the higher floors (above 20) and end room if possible
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RAJAN B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was concerned that this hotel might be substandard after reading some recent reviews, but was pleased with a recent 3-night stay. The room on the 27th floor was perfectly fine and the linens were clean and the bed comfortable. Bathroom is a bit small, but not uncomfortably so. It is silly that one has to pay for internet here; they should get that fixed. And, like most, I occasionally encountered slow elevators, but since two of my nights were weekend nights, most of the business meeting/convention crowd had cleared out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Goochland, Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A 38 story Marriott in the Back Bay Area of Boston. Connected to two upper end malls and a grocery store across the street. Old Towne Trolley Tours and a car rental car agency is located in the hotel area. The Back Bay Subway station is within walking distance. Only a breakfast Buffett is available on Sundays. Great location and close to all of the major attractions. Great views from higher floors. Try for an end room.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor, say floor 20 to 38 in an end room with good vies.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is geared toward business travelers, which is perfect because that's what I am. I've stay at this property literally 50+ times and I keep coming back. The concierge level is standard good, but not great. The internet is decent, though a little pricey at $12/day for standard speed. The gym is great and I feel it's better than any other hotel gym in the area.The beds are comfy and it's located near many restaraunts and bars, so night life nearby is pretty good too. The sports bar champions is a great place to watch a game as they have a ton of TVs.

There's a reason I say here over and over again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Norfolk, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were on the 28th Floor which is the Concierge Floor. Unfortunately, it was a Saturday and the Lounge is closed on Weekends. The 28th Floor also doesn't have an ice machine. You have to go the 26th Floor or the 30th Floor for ice and the elevator doesn't stop at the 26th Floor since the upper level floors are serviced by an express elevator beginning at the 27th Floor. I've known this from past visits but we ask for a refrigerator, so that usually isn't a problem with us. Except on this occasion when the refrigerator request was ignored and the elevators weren't working properly. They were being 'upgraded' and were stopping only at a frequency of a blue moon.

It took a half an hour to get a bucket of ice.

The sign posted by the elevator suggested that it might be quicker to walk down to the 27th Floor and take the elevator there to the 26th Floor. Of course, the stairs are not near the elevator but at the far end of each corridor. That was an expedition, not a solution.

It was even worse when you wanted to go to the lobby. The infrequent elevators, if they stopped, were so packed that our only choice was to squeeze in or wait longer for the next Blue Moon.

The attitude of the management? "We're making improvements." Sorry, but that's not good enough. Shame...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for posting your comments after your stay with us. They are important to us.

I was disappointed to hear that you feel that your stay with us was unsatisfactory because of the pace of the elevators, because of the absence of an ice machine on your floor, and because you felt the the "management" did not show concern. My apologies.

As you correctly stated, we are engaged in an elevator modernization project which, at times, causes the elevators to be slower. However, we are excited about its completion and also about how efficient the elevators will be. I was disappointed to learn that you were unable to use the refrigerator in your room- it is correct, as you stated, that in the past you had to request one but since the rooms were renovated in 2012, all of our rooms are equipped with refrigerators.

Please feel free to contact the Front Office Manager if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Thank you for staying with us.
nj
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Reminds me of a visit to a Disneyland park as that is how busy the hotel is and about as impersonal. Check in I asked if I was upgraded and made me feel like I was asking for a Million Dollars. Sorry we are full and sold out but you do have a nice view I was told and it seemed like the clerk really wanted to say "are you crazy"! Elevators had signs posted under renovation but averaged a 5 minute wait for about 15 times in 2 1/2 days or about 1 hour wasted of my time.
First night I could hear conversation clearly from the adjoining room and worse was a 6:30 wake up and a reminder soon after when it was my chance to sleep late. Again - sorry for the inconvenience and either we can move you or next time to ask not for an adjoining room. With over 100 nights in all kinds of hotels this was a first as if I should have known better!

Lounge is about 8 feet wide as limited by existing rooms and while staff was friendly breakfast over at 9am is fairly early. Lounge staff was friendly but surely one of the ugliest lounges I have seen lately!
Location is great but think to try Sheraton or Westin next time

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rich W
56bbc, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Hotel. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.
Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to correct such problems in the future. I am happy to report that we have begun the transition to the destination elevator package which is the most state-of-the-art of its kind and will certainty ensure guest a better experience in the near future.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please ask for the Front Office Manager at 617-236- 5800. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I would totally avoid this property..I woke up at 0230 due to bed bug bites...called the hotel lobby and shared the experience...little did they care to offer another room...since I could not sleep I decided to check out early and go to the airport for an earlier flight...during check out I again presented my experience and received a response that they will update the cleaners...

Oh by the way you should also know the sink had a plumbing issue and delivered only cold chilled water....thank god shower was working

Lastly they gave me an invoice with extra charges on it which when I questioned he apologized and got those off...

I do more than 50 nights with Marriott properties a year and maintain a Gold status with them. This is one property I would totally avoid

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mohittandon8
56bbc, Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
I am very disappointed to hear about your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments concern me greatly, and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss further the details of your stay. You can reach me by calling 617-236-5800 and asking for the Hotel Manager.