3,566 results
All reviews copley place champions bar great location the concierge lounge prudential center busy hotel large hotel charles river newbury street corner room duck tour high floor great shopping back bay station attending a conference central location valet parking
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We were off to a great start at this hotel. When checking-in, we were offered an upgrade to suite as they were out of x2 queen rooms. I was a little wary as the receptionist advised us that although it was a much larger, more comfortable room - it was very high.... I'm not great with heights..... Anyhow we were told to take a look at the room and then decide..... Well we took a look and were bowled over by the sheer size and comfort of the room and the view was................breathtaking!!!
So yes, this hotel was a very positive experience for us. It is in an excellent downtown location with a covered walkway thru to shopping mall. In fact, part of the mall seems to be in the hotel itself! There is a wonderful supermarket - Shaws- opposite. This was great for us as we had a mini kitchen in our suite so we were able to eat in!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Culture802686
Reviewed 14 September 2008

I got a really good deal on this hotel. 115 euro a night or something like that. I had been in the same area of Boston 4 months beforehand staying in the Sheraton so I knew what to expect of the area and I thought the Marriott would be a step up. The Sheraton in Prudential isnt getting amazing reviews on this site but I have to say it far exceeded all my expecttions and this hotel did not. Compared to the Sheraton, the lobby is vey small with very little seating. There isnt a great buzz around there. I t looks less like a hotel and more like just a part of a mall. The rooms were fine. Big Flat Scree TV's were great but the decor was a little outdated. I just preferred my Sheraton room, bit more stylish. I just thought the whole place had more of a buzz really. Would recommend u go there instead.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank star1984
Reviewed 9 September 2008

My husband and I have just returned from 5 nights in this hotel. It was booked some time ago from Purely America. I was a bit sceptical about the reviews but after staying there I can honestly say, our time spent at this hotel was superb. The check in was very quick, I had previously asked for a high floor, so I asked at check in if it was a corner room (after reading the reviews), and she said no, but she would look and see if she could give us one. She did and the views were amazing, and the room was huge. The beds were like sleeping on clouds, and the toiletries left were of high quality. It is so convenient for everything, as previously said. We loved coming in and buying a coffee from Starbucks. There was a coffee machine in the room BUT you had to take the machine to a plug (we tried in the bathroom), but it was too much bother, so we just bought one as we came in. The maid left the room very clean and tidy every day, and the lifts were okay until the Friday (obviously everyone checking out after the week), and we had to wait about 6-7 minutes, no big deal if you are on holiday.
We ate at the Cheesecake factory, P J Changs, Californian Pizza, in the Prudential Centre and Stephanie's (a bit more expensive) on Newbury Street. I cannot complain about any of the food at all. We did the trolley tour, the duck tour and we went whale watching, which was amazing. We also took the ferry to Provincetown which was fabulous, like walking back in time. It is $71 return and takes aroud 1.5 hours each way. We had the buffet breakfast every morning, delicous. It was $19.95 for everything and $13.95 for the continental buffet. Everything you could possibly want to set you up for the day, including coffee, tea and as much fresh orange juice as you like. Great value.

I would definately recommend the Marriott Copley Place, and would go back.

1  Thank Scottishperson
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights in early August for a convention. The room was comfortable and clean. However, it was smaller than other Marriott hotels, and the room just felt a little frayed at the edges. The hotel location is great. It was near restaurants, shops, and the convention center. If I didn't have the convention rate ($200/night) or didn't need to be near the convention center, I would've chosen a more interesting hotel. Marriott hotels are predictable, maybe a little bland, but I've always liked them better than the other big chains. This Marriott, unfortunately, was not as nice.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank clsm
Reviewed 8 September 2008

My wife and I had a great stay at the Marriott! The rooms are not exactly luxurious but they are nice enough and the views over Boston were amazing. The check-in staff could not have been more helpful and the location is fantastic: just a few steps from beautiful Newbury Street and only ten minutes walk from Boston Common. It's a great hotel for work or for holiday.

• Stayed: August 2008