“Our First-to-Go Hotel in Boston”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Whenever my family is coming to Boston (because I go to school in Boston), they always choose this hotel due to its excellent location and -- as my mom said -- its amazing beds, which ensure excellent sleep quality.

There is nothing special in this hotel. The service is pretty much the same as other hotels in the area. The rooms are roomy though, and that's what my family like so much about this hotel. The bed also seems to be bigger than other hotels like Hilton, Westin, and Sheraton.

Even better, the hotel is directly connected to the Prudential Mall. With this, my parents can use the T by using the Green Line-E through Prudential Station, go to Apple Store with minimum walking outdoor (especially handy when it's raining), and shop until they drop (literally).

Our most recent stay at Boston Marriott Copley Place was great! I had my Commencement Weekend last week and it was very convenient for them to go on-and-off without being exhausted.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adriel T
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Adriel,

Congratulations on your graduation! Your Marriott friends wish you a great future.

Thank you to you and your family for the loyalty to our hotel. I am pleased that your mom enjoys our beds as well as our great location.

We hope that you will continue to chose us during your travels to the Boston area.

Once again, congratulations.

All the best.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed for one night in this hotel. As I arrived by cruiseship, I was already early at the hotel and although officially check-in is only at 3.00PM, I was very happy when they gave me already a room at 11:00AM (when I arrived). Although there are signs that the elevators are slow, I had no problems. I think the maximum wait was probably 2 minutes. Room was perfectly ok. Good Kingsize bed, good/warm shower. Although as mentioned in other reviews there is no real restaurant, just a kind of sports cafe in the upper part of the lobby, across the street is a shopping mall with different restaurants. The room rates are high, but I was aware this is Boston where there are no cheap rooms, so I come to the conclusion that the rate I paid was Ok for Boston.
The hotel is very downtown. 5 minutes from the subway station. 5 minutes from Copley Square.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Copley Place for 5 nights and were welcomed by Dominique who couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. We got a room on the 31st floor which was fantastic for the view of Boston, and I don't think I've ever slept in a more comfortable hotel bed.

The room was spacious and cleaned every day; the housekeeping staff were excellent.
The hotel is in a perfect location to explore Boston with the excellent Old Town Trolley tour stopping right at the hotel (would highly recommend).

Two negatives, however. Paying for wifi in a hotel in 2014 seems a little stingy to me. Since wifi is available in most coffee shops, trains, planes, etc. and when paying for a hotel room, I believe wifi should be free, not just in the lobby, but in all guest rooms.
Also, we arrived in Boston after a week in NYC and had lots of laundry that needed doing but I was informed by the bellhop that there is no laundry service at the weekend.
In a city as big as Boston and in a hotel as large as the Marriott Copley Place surely a weekend laundry service isn't too much to ask??

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here May 4-6 for a quick getaway from Chicago. The hotel is in a great area connected to high end shopping. It's also connected to the train station. Yes the elevators we're a little slow but no big deal. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again. The airport shuttle drops you off on Copely Place and you just walk about two blocks to the hotel. Good hotel. Great location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Jose,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your brief getway from Chicago. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our hotel as well as our great location. As you also added, we are located only two blocks away from the new shuttle service to the airport- and for $5.00 per person, it is quite a deal.

Regarding the elevators, we are currently engaged in a modernization project which, once complete, will provide us with one of the fastest and most efficient systems in the city. Until then, it is possible that they may run slower at times. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

All the best.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel staff was friendly. When the battery in our keycard reader died, they took several hours to replace it and consequently we had to call security to let us in twice. They were apologetic and gave us vouchers for breakfast. The room was clean and very quiet. The onsite cafe for breakfast was very pricey, but was good (we used our free vouchers or would not have eaten there due to price).. The hotel is located in a high-end mall- sort of strange, but was close to subway entrances and a great location. The hotel was very busy as we were there for a convention and the elevators were Super slow until the crowd cleared out. No free wi-fi which was a bummer, but I used the guest wi-fi in the mall. The pool and hot tub were in an atrium and very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is built at odd angles and boasts no real restaurant , the bar area was always too crowded to get a table and the restaurant is really a converted lobby area -- shame on you Marriott!
The tel. operators were rarely available and maybe a new GM would help. Signs asking forgiveness for slow elevators were if little consolation .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank H H
Mark M, Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying with us during your last visit to the Boston area; I value your business.

I was disappointed to learn that there was inadequate dining options at the hotel during your stay. I want to personally apologize to you for not being able to get a table at Champions during your visit. Typically, our restaurant is able to accommodate most parties with only minimal wait time during peak volume.

As you mentioned, we are currently engaged in an elevator modernization project which, when complete, will provide our guests with one of the most advanced and efficient systems in the Boston area. In the meantime, there will be times when the elevators are slower than normal. I apologize for that inconvenience.

Your feedback is very important to me, so I have shared this information with my team.

Please feel free to contact me directly, if you have any additional concerns.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having stayed in this hotel previously, I can say that the concierge level really steps up this Marriott's game. The staff here has always been very helpful and my front desk attendant was top notch. But the value of having breakfast available, as well as snacks and water throughout the day, made my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business