“Good location, average Marriott”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
United Kingdom
“Good location, average Marriott”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. Had read the other reviews. The hotel was extremely convenient for work purposes, but also is in the enjoyable Back Bay area. It was an easy run over to the Charles River (Esplanade) and lots of shopping and restaurants in the area (there is also a larger grocer across the street which is convenient to pick up staple items). Taxi from the airport was around $30 (because of tolls, tip, etc). The hotel is a standard Marriott. The elevators were slow but that's because we typically expect them to be at our beck and call - I had to wait maybe 2-3 minutes each time, which can feel like an eternity. I didn't like the touch screen elevator button that served no extra purpose beyond calling the elevator as it was hard to tell if I had actually pushed the button. My room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a great view on floor 38 and had zero noise issues. There was a safe and refrigerator in the room. I have also stayed at the Courtyard around the corner - I think I would stay at the Copley Marriott upon a return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New England
Reviewed 17 May 2014

On Monday, May 12th, I stayed at the Marriott Copley Plaza with two of my girl friends. We had called ahead to let them know that we would be late arrivals, and they were fine with that. I had a bit of trouble finding the hotel (the sign is no where to be seen.. but that is Boston for you). Parking is great due to the location of the parking garage and the valet (though it is costly). The room itself was spotless and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We stayed in a corner room on the 34th floor, and it was an amazing view. Absolutely would stay here again. Also, the staff was helpful throughout the entire stay!

Room Tip: Harbor View
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Whenever my family is coming to Boston (because I go to school in Boston), they always choose this hotel due to its excellent location and -- as my mom said -- its amazing beds, which ensure excellent sleep quality.

There is nothing special in this hotel. The service is pretty much the same as other hotels in the area. The rooms are roomy though, and that's what my family like so much about this hotel. The bed also seems to be bigger than other hotels like Hilton, Westin, and Sheraton.

Even better, the hotel is directly connected to the Prudential Mall. With this, my parents can use the T by using the Green Line-E through Prudential Station, go to Apple Store with minimum walking outdoor (especially handy when it's raining), and shop until they drop (literally).

Our most recent stay at Boston Marriott Copley Place was great! I had my Commencement Weekend last week and it was very convenient for them to go on-and-off without being exhausted.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Adriel T
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Adriel,

Congratulations on your graduation! Your Marriott friends wish you a great future.

Thank you to you and your family for the loyalty to our hotel. I am pleased that your mom enjoys our beds as well as our great location.

We hope that you will continue to chose us during your travels to the Boston area.

Once again, congratulations.

All the best.
Zaandam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed for one night in this hotel. As I arrived by cruiseship, I was already early at the hotel and although officially check-in is only at 3.00PM, I was very happy when they gave me already a room at 11:00AM (when I arrived). Although there are signs that the elevators are slow, I had no problems. I think the maximum wait was probably 2 minutes. Room was perfectly ok. Good Kingsize bed, good/warm shower. Although as mentioned in other reviews there is no real restaurant, just a kind of sports cafe in the upper part of the lobby, across the street is a shopping mall with different restaurants. The room rates are high, but I was aware this is Boston where there are no cheap rooms, so I come to the conclusion that the rate I paid was Ok for Boston.
The hotel is very downtown. 5 minutes from the subway station. 5 minutes from Copley Square.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Copley Place for 5 nights and were welcomed by Dominique who couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. We got a room on the 31st floor which was fantastic for the view of Boston, and I don't think I've ever slept in a more comfortable hotel bed.

The room was spacious and cleaned every day; the housekeeping staff were excellent.
The hotel is in a perfect location to explore Boston with the excellent Old Town Trolley tour stopping right at the hotel (would highly recommend).

Two negatives, however. Paying for wifi in a hotel in 2014 seems a little stingy to me. Since wifi is available in most coffee shops, trains, planes, etc. and when paying for a hotel room, I believe wifi should be free, not just in the lobby, but in all guest rooms.
Also, we arrived in Boston after a week in NYC and had lots of laundry that needed doing but I was informed by the bellhop that there is no laundry service at the weekend.
In a city as big as Boston and in a hotel as large as the Marriott Copley Place surely a weekend laundry service isn't too much to ask??

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor
Green Features: The toilet uses a huge amount of water to flush. I think this could be improved.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here May 4-6 for a quick getaway from Chicago. The hotel is in a great area connected to high end shopping. It's also connected to the train station. Yes the elevators we're a little slow but no big deal. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again. The airport shuttle drops you off on Copely Place and you just walk about two blocks to the hotel. Good hotel. Great location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Jose,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your brief getway from Chicago. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our hotel as well as our great location. As you also added, we are located only two blocks away from the new shuttle service to the airport- and for $5.00 per person, it is quite a deal.

Regarding the elevators, we are currently engaged in a modernization project which, once complete, will provide us with one of the fastest and most efficient systems in the city. Until then, it is possible that they may run slower at times. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

All the best.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel staff was friendly. When the battery in our keycard reader died, they took several hours to replace it and consequently we had to call security to let us in twice. They were apologetic and gave us vouchers for breakfast. The room was clean and very quiet. The onsite cafe for breakfast was very pricey, but was good (we used our free vouchers or would not have eaten there due to price).. The hotel is located in a high-end mall- sort of strange, but was close to subway entrances and a great location. The hotel was very busy as we were there for a convention and the elevators were Super slow until the crowd cleared out. No free wi-fi which was a bummer, but I used the guest wi-fi in the mall. The pool and hot tub were in an atrium and very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business