“Thank you Concierge”

GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Thank you Concierge”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Just a quick thank you for an excellent service from Ken and March organising flowers and a treat for my friend staying at this hotel. A small thing maybe but so very well attended to. Thanks again. Jim

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Marriott generally never disappoints, so when we went to Boston for my daughter's graduation, we chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Fenway Park - a hop-skip-and-jump away. The room was clean and up to Marriott's standards, but when I viewed the pictures on-line, I believed we would be getting a room with a living-room area. We had only a bed and one chair besides the desk chair, As other reviewers have noted, the elevator service was extremely slow and with all the graduations/ball game going on, the place was packed. My biggest complaint was the cost to valet park which was close to $50.00. I did not see anywhere that this was noted prior to our trip - caught us by surprise. I believe when you pay such a steep rate for your hotel, you should be able to park without extra charge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences following your stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our location and cleanliness. I was at the same time disappointed that you thought that your room was too small and that there was a fee for the parking. It appears that the photograph of one of our rooms you may have seen was of one of our suites- I am sorry that you did not stay in one of them. Regarding the parking, Boston, as most large cities, only has a finite number of spaces and they are normally owned and operated by independent entities- that is the case with us. We are delighted to be able to use a garage adjacent to the hotel, although it is not owned or operated by us.

Once again, thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the Copley Place Marriott late after a delayed flight.

The previous week had been spent in two different Marriots across various states in the US and both were fantastic, as Marriots always are.

The lobby is ok as far as lobby's go, simple and modern. The reception desk is where my problems started.

From our room allocation of a twin room for my husband and I (when a double was requested), to the refusal of a concierge suite key because despite having the membership number and name and our address they couldn't possibly allocate it without the physical card.

This was particularly unusual since none of the other Marriots we stayed in found this to be a problem.

The manager was no further help and added to our midnight check in nightmare with his rudeness.

Our room was tiny, and remained damp all day after using the shower.

It did not get cleaned until late in the afternoon (some days 5pm) which was reasonably futile.

The lifts were a shambles taking ages to come and a nightmare for those with luggage.

All in all for $400 a night I expected much better.

I never wrote bad reviews (and I write many - it is my job) but the standard of service and accommodation at this hotel could not go without mention.

Disappointing at best.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sammie C
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Sammie,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay due to the myriad of issues you listed. This is unsual and I understand your disappointment.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay.

All the best.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A person in our group staying at the hotel for a formal event had a broken leg and rented an electric scooter. Doorman Blake clocked out and on his own time escorted the person to a local hair appointment when the taxi couldn't accommodate their electric scooter. Then he wouldn't accept a tip. Over, above and outstanding without making the guest feel disabled. Franco the concierge then heard, proactively called the salon and personally got in a taxi to pick up and safely return the guest in a rainstorm. Best service ever from them both, when it was needed most! Discrete and no drama. Ruben the hotel manager enables his staff to anticipate and fulfill guest's needs but over and above that, both of these professionals who were committed to doing whatever it took. Btw, the next morning Franco and Blake each separately followed up to see what else may be needed. True kindness which made what could have been a frustration a memorable event. Heartfelt thanks!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for writing about your experiences at the Boston Marriott Copley Place.

I was delighted to learn that my co-workers Blake and Franco went above and beyond your expectations- they are true examples of Marriott's Spirit To Serve.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next trip to the Boston area.

Best wishes.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a great location, rooms are fabulous, view is really nice, work out center is well appointed, concierge lounge is well stocked, front desk and concierge service was terrific. The only problem was the slowness of the elevators - there are so many elevators you would assume they would be faster.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay/river.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 18 May 2014

First trip to Boston and after a delayed flight and late arrival I still found the hotel very easily using the subway system. I stayed on the 31st floor with amazing views of the harbor area. Good sized room and bathroom. Bed was extremely comfy. Very clean room. Friendly staff. Also computers in the lobby which enable you to check in and print boarding cards for flights. Handy vending machines and ice machines near room. Shopping centre attached with starbucks. Subway station close by though I found with the nice weather it was a nice walk to the centre and main attractions. Will stay here again if visiting Boston.

Room Tip: High floor, harbor view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JCS82
United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. Had read the other reviews. The hotel was extremely convenient for work purposes, but also is in the enjoyable Back Bay area. It was an easy run over to the Charles River (Esplanade) and lots of shopping and restaurants in the area (there is also a larger grocer across the street which is convenient to pick up staple items). Taxi from the airport was around $30 (because of tolls, tip, etc). The hotel is a standard Marriott. The elevators were slow but that's because we typically expect them to be at our beck and call - I had to wait maybe 2-3 minutes each time, which can feel like an eternity. I didn't like the touch screen elevator button that served no extra purpose beyond calling the elevator as it was hard to tell if I had actually pushed the button. My room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a great view on floor 38 and had zero noise issues. There was a safe and refrigerator in the room. I have also stayed at the Courtyard around the corner - I think I would stay at the Copley Marriott upon a return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business