“Boston Marathon weekend”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My Dad ran the marathon and it was in the perfect location. This hotel is pretty much inside the mall, which was really nice. Although it was VERY busy, it was in a fabulous location and I got to walk to the finish line and to other places very easily. The breakfast was very expensive and not worth the money. Love Boston and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Madam,

We thank you for having stayed with us during the 2014 Boston Marathon weekend. It is historically an extremely busy weekend for the city, although it was even busier this year as a result of the people's response to the terrorist attack of last year. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our superb location.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next trip to the Boston area.

All the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,383)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a good stay at the Marriott Copley Place, our room was spacious and on the 25th floor with a view of the bay. Location was excellent for sightseeing in Boston, within an easy walk to a lot of T stations. There are shops attached to the Marriott building, several restaurants nearby, and even the river was within walking distance. The beds were very soft, which usually is a problem for my back, but I was able to sleep very comfortably.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, our beds, as well as our great location. It was our pleasure to have hosted you.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Tired looking property, only one sports bar/ restaurant, small bathroom, poor amenities, old ugly carpet, slow elevators. Great location. There are definitely better options in the area, even if you have to pay more. I see no reason to stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pato,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn that, aside from our great location, you felt that your stay was below your expectations. This is unusual and I am sorry that you feel this way.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Best regards.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Just a quick thank you for an excellent service from Ken and March organising flowers and a treat for my friend staying at this hotel. A small thing maybe but so very well attended to. Thanks again. Jim

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Marriott generally never disappoints, so when we went to Boston for my daughter's graduation, we chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Fenway Park - a hop-skip-and-jump away. The room was clean and up to Marriott's standards, but when I viewed the pictures on-line, I believed we would be getting a room with a living-room area. We had only a bed and one chair besides the desk chair, As other reviewers have noted, the elevator service was extremely slow and with all the graduations/ball game going on, the place was packed. My biggest complaint was the cost to valet park which was close to $50.00. I did not see anywhere that this was noted prior to our trip - caught us by surprise. I believe when you pay such a steep rate for your hotel, you should be able to park without extra charge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences following your stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our location and cleanliness. I was at the same time disappointed that you thought that your room was too small and that there was a fee for the parking. It appears that the photograph of one of our rooms you may have seen was of one of our suites- I am sorry that you did not stay in one of them. Regarding the parking, Boston, as most large cities, only has a finite number of spaces and they are normally owned and operated by independent entities- that is the case with us. We are delighted to be able to use a garage adjacent to the hotel, although it is not owned or operated by us.

Once again, thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the Copley Place Marriott late after a delayed flight.

The previous week had been spent in two different Marriots across various states in the US and both were fantastic, as Marriots always are.

The lobby is ok as far as lobby's go, simple and modern. The reception desk is where my problems started.

From our room allocation of a twin room for my husband and I (when a double was requested), to the refusal of a concierge suite key because despite having the membership number and name and our address they couldn't possibly allocate it without the physical card.

This was particularly unusual since none of the other Marriots we stayed in found this to be a problem.

The manager was no further help and added to our midnight check in nightmare with his rudeness.

Our room was tiny, and remained damp all day after using the shower.

It did not get cleaned until late in the afternoon (some days 5pm) which was reasonably futile.

The lifts were a shambles taking ages to come and a nightmare for those with luggage.

All in all for $400 a night I expected much better.

I never wrote bad reviews (and I write many - it is my job) but the standard of service and accommodation at this hotel could not go without mention.

Disappointing at best.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sammie C
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Sammie,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay due to the myriad of issues you listed. This is unsual and I understand your disappointment.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A person in our group staying at the hotel for a formal event had a broken leg and rented an electric scooter. Doorman Blake clocked out and on his own time escorted the person to a local hair appointment when the taxi couldn't accommodate their electric scooter. Then he wouldn't accept a tip. Over, above and outstanding without making the guest feel disabled. Franco the concierge then heard, proactively called the salon and personally got in a taxi to pick up and safely return the guest in a rainstorm. Best service ever from them both, when it was needed most! Discrete and no drama. Ruben the hotel manager enables his staff to anticipate and fulfill guest's needs but over and above that, both of these professionals who were committed to doing whatever it took. Btw, the next morning Franco and Blake each separately followed up to see what else may be needed. True kindness which made what could have been a frustration a memorable event. Heartfelt thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for writing about your experiences at the Boston Marriott Copley Place.

I was delighted to learn that my co-workers Blake and Franco went above and beyond your expectations- they are true examples of Marriott's Spirit To Serve.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next trip to the Boston area.

Best wishes.