“Awesome Location with nice rooms”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, New York, United States
“Awesome Location with nice rooms”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions for work and pleasure. You just can't beat the location. It is connected to the mall, convention center and is easy access to many restaurants. The rooms are pretty nice too. Higher floors can give you a great view of the Charles River where you can see all the sailboats and crew boats on the weekend. The only issue with the high floor is sometimes you have to wait for an elevator. I have ordered room service, which was pretty good. Another nice thing is that there is a grocery store right across the street. So I went there to have water and snacks in the room, since the hotel gift shop is a rip off. Right up the street is a great, cheap place for breakfast too…Thorton's Restaurant.

Room Tip: High floor will give you a great view of the Charles River.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Pearland, TX
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and have had a nice stay. This stay was good also, with one glaring problem, the elevators are terrible. I am not sure if some elevators are down for maintenance or just broken but have had to wait up to 10 minutes for an elevator to stop at my floor. I was here attending a large conference and many of my colleagues had the same complaint.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your comments. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed another stay with us.

Regarding the elevators, we are currently engaged in a modernization project and it is possible that, at times, they may be slower than expected. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is one of my mainstays in Boston, primarily because of the hotel's proximity to Newbury St, the Convention Center, and shopping. The property has gone through some renovations, although more are needed. The elevators are HORRIBLY slow and the common areas are looking very dated - they looked dated 10 years ago and not much has changed. On a positive note, the rooms are clean the the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your last visit to the Boston area, and thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our location and the clean rooms. I was at the same time disappointed that you felt that the elevators were a burden.

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that our hotel is currently engaged in an elevator modernization project which may at times cause them to move at slower speeds. However, I am at the same time pleased to inform you that once the project is complete we will have one of the most advanced and efficient systems in the Boston area.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

All the best.
Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am a loyal Marriott customer. We are an elite silver status members. My husband and I stayed one night. Check in was excellent. We arrived at 1pm and Julia assisted with the check in process and was able to accommodate our request for a high floor.

Our room was spacious and had an excellent view of the Christian Science Museum and reflection pool. We did not use the television or the coffee bar. We did use the in room safe. We had a problem with the functionality of the safe and security came to our room within 5 min of reporting the problem and was able to gain entry to our items. Thanks to Ernest for his help in quickly resolving the problem.

We had a night cap in Champions that evening. Nice common area with plenty of space and friendly professional staff.

Breakfast buffet has a great selection. We had complementary breakfast as part of our stay. The cost of the buffet is a bit high, but they have a great selection, including an omelet station.

It seems that they may have done a bit of work on the rooms since our last visit.

The location of this hotel is a 5 min walk to Boylston Street, Newbury Street, and is conveniently located near Copley Square and 15 min walk to Fenway Park. This hotel is close to the Green & Orange Line & Commuter Rail. Besides the location, we like the fact that this hotel is connected to the Prudential Center and the Mall.

Overall our visit to this Hotel exceeded our expectations. We definitely would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor. The view is awesome.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RIPatriotsFan
glasgow
Reviewed 12 June 2014

i am not a fan of the marriott chain, bland, disappointing and boring. However the management team of this hotel are on the ball. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a great location with fantastic restaurants, and markets close by.
A good choice for a business or city break.

Room Tip: very atypical of chain hotels
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SuzanneMcLaughlin
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip to Boston. I had a pleasant stay, the room was very spacious and comfortable and staff were friendly and helpful. It is a fantastic central location, and close to all major transport links, restaurants etc.

However one thing I was very disappointed with was the fact that they didn't have free wifi in the rooms and only offered this in the lobby area. You could opt to pay a daily fee to use this service in your room.

As a customer on business travel who had already paid an expensive rate per night, the least I would expect is to have a free wifi in my room. Coming from Europe, and someone who travels often this is something I haven't experienced for many years.

Good stay overall however I would suggest they review their wifi options.

2 Thank rickyo30
56bbc, Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and that the staff was friendly and helpful during your visit. Your feedback regarding Wi-Fi is important as it helps us to make decisions around customers’ expectations moving forward.
Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
All the best.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The rooms are good, location great. Service so so. Concierge gave me completely wrong information about the subway system, and indirectly suggested that this hotel's clientele would never use public transit. Elevators frustratingly slow. Main problem is extras they hit you for. $13/day for internet, breakfast for 2, north of $40, parking $50/day.
I felt ripped off every time I walked n the place. There are far better hotels in the area similarly priced.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen G
56bbc, Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for your experience with the Concierge Staff and disappointed to hear your feelings regarding pricing for additional services. Our intent is not for you to feel taken advantage of, but to provide additional services at a reasonable price reflective of the market. Although it is never pleasant to hear we did not meet your expectation, this feedback assists us with identifying opportunities to make improvements.
Appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you better in the future.