“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here for a convention. The hotel is in an awesome location, with easy public transportation access to anywhere in Boston and the Amtrak train station, all within a five minute walk. You can even walk to the Amtrak station through an indoor route and just cross the street. Two malls are attached and there are so many good restaurants within walking distance. The hotel itself is clean and the room was very clean and comfortable. I did not request any extra services but the staff I encountered seemed friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here the next time I need a hotel in Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thank you also for staying with us.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to the Boston area.

All the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived at noon on a Saturday and saw the registration line was spread through the lobby. We choose to return two hours later and completed our registration in 35 minutes. REALLY! Four staff members and five empty stations. The elevators are also poor. Hard to believe that you can wait fifteen minutes to reach your destination.

Over our three day stay I never saw anyone assisting guests with taxi service or directions.

Fortunately the room was clean, well appointed with a good mattress. This is not a new hotel. Clearly management is resting on their corporate reputation not interested in serving their guests. A sign indicating speedy elevators are coming is a sad excuse for management expressing concern.

Room Tip: Stay on a low floor and use the stairs.
Green Features: Poor. No obvious green programs other than a suggestion to reuse your linens obviously to save the hotel labor and expense.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank stewart s
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn that when you arrived on Saturday the registration desk was busy. It so happened that a large group staying in the hotel was departing, as another large convention was arriving at the same time. Since at that time there weren't many rooms available because guests were still enjoying them, interactions at the desk took longer. I am sorry that this was an inconvenience to you.

I was also disappointed to learn that you did not noticed any of the multiple green initiatives we currently have. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss them. I am at the same time pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms and great beds.

All the best.
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed 30 June 2014

When you know that a convention is coming to your hotel why place signs around stating that elevator delays are to be expected while we upgrade our elevators? Why upgrade when you know the hotel is full to capacity? This should have been accomplished weeks earlier. The only time that you had no wait was going to the fitness center - which is really good. The bar staff was completely overwhelmed a couple of days and finally I gave up and went to my room. While the location is great, it's not worth the price or the headache.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet. I never heard any hall noise at all and my room was very close to the elevato...
1 Thank jomjr6
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Boston.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Health Club and room. I was at the same time disappointed that the pace of the elevators may have been an inconvenience. As you noted, we are currently engaged in a modernization project and once completed our system will be extremely efficient.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Regards
Concord
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Not only a great location for all things Boston, but a very friendly staff. We had a great room with a lovely view of the river. The bellhop remembered us from two days before. They could use another restaurant, but there are certainly are many good restaurants very close to the hotel. The problem - supposedly being renovated - but certainly not in our time there (five days) was the elevators. Thank goodness we were on an upper floor, as many times by the time we arrived at the middle floors gong down the elevator was full so people had to wait for the next, and then the next one. Ask for an upper level room if at all possible, if the hotel is busy you will be happier - with he view and the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor - above floor 20 if possible - both for the view and ease in gettin...
1 Thank Tom03301
Dear Tom,

Thank you for your review. We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our great location.

Regarding the elevators, as you stated, there are some that are much faster than others. That is because as the modernization project evolves the system becomes noticeably faster. Thank you for the observation.

Thank you for staying with us.
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Oh my, this is a great location, connected to two pretty fun indoor malls and near a lot of major sites in Boston. But oh my, they just aren't up to hosting groups (and maybe not up to hosting individuals.) The elevators are "in progress" and people waited as long as 20 minutes for one. The locks on the doors frequently don't work and there were several days when we had to get new keys three times a day. The safe in our room was not bolted to the floor, or the wall, or anything - it was completely free-standing and someone could easily have walked away with it. And when I got there they didn't have a room for me.
On the positive side, there's the location, and the in-hotel restaurant Champions, that's pretty good. But I'll stay at the Westin the next time, believe me.

Room Tip: Since I wouldn't stay there again, I wouldn't recommend a particular room.
Green Features: They encourage re-use of towels - that's all i was aware of.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences in our hotel during your last trip to the Boston area.

I am sorry that you feel that your stay was less than pleasant. This is unusual and I understand your disappointment. I am at the same time pleased to learn that you enjoyed Champions Bar & Grill as well as our great location.

Thank you for staying with us.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had a nice stay - my room was nice and clean and had wonderful views of the Charles River. I had LONG waits for elevators, however. There is a first-rate grocery store across the street (Shaw's) - I was there every day for snacks and bottled water. They have very good sushi, too! The hotel location is good, right on Huntington Avenue in the Back Bay area. I took the new Logan Express both ways to-and-from the airport. It runs every 20 minutes and costs $5.00 - can't beat that. It drops you at Copley Square and then you have a 5-minute schlep (up an incline, unfortunately) to the Marriott.

Room Tip: Plan ahead for the slow elevators.
2 Thank 493Ron
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My guest room was very clean and quite comfortable. I liked that there was an empty fridge in the room, especially since there is a nice supermarket directly across the street. I stocked up on fruit, yogurt, juice, and granola bars, and never had to pay for breakfast at the hotel. The hotel itself is connected to two malls, so there is easy access to restaurants and shops. There are many fine restaurants within easy walking distance.

The location was perfect. Directly across the street is where you can take a Duck Tour of Boston (I recommend that as well!). The Back Bay transit station is at one end of the mall connected to the hotel, so you never have to go outside. There is also a cheap ($5) bus called the Logan Express that takes you from the airport to Copley Square, and then it's just a two block walk to the Marriott.

The Champions Sports Bar at the hotel is large and serves average hotel food. I found that it can get quite loud during World Cup games!

Although there are many elevators, they did NOT seem to work efficiently, and I often had to wait a long time. (I was there for a convention, so maybe that's not typical.) See below for room tips.

Because of its fantastic location and all of the conveniences nearby, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Because there are two sets of elevators (1-27 and 27-38, ), I would choose to stay on floor 27. I wa...
1 Thank shaw5604