“Great hotel in a great location!”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights the first week of July and we enjoyed our stay here. Everyone kept talking about slow elevators but it was not an issue with us or anyone in our group. The location is fantastic and since we used the subway system it was in an area in which we didn't have to walk too far to find an entrance. Everyone on staff was friendly and we had absolutely no problems during our stay. I guess the only negative is that there were no shades to keep the room dark in the morning when the sun came up but the beds were very comfortable and we slept well. We were in the hotel for a banquet and the facilities were very very good for that! I would not hesitate to stay here again if ever in Boston!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MerryBanilow

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was only here for one night, but in the years since I last stayed here, I found the staff quite energetic and professional. Check-in was good, and I got a chance to get upgraded to the business lounge, which had a really nice breakfast. I didn't get a chance to look at the workout facilities this trip, but the hotel in general appears to have undergone some overall improvements over the last few years. Also, it was much easier to get a taxi with the help of the bell staff. They really were much better than my last experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Reading the review of Feb. 2014 and the hotel's response makes it sound like the elevator situation was soon to be rectified. Not so! Note the permanent signs in the lobby.The intention is to have the fastest elevators in Boston, so says the manager. Not in the immediate future however. Stay away unless you have plenty of time to spend waiting in the halls. Hint: if a door opens, get in. Ride up to the 38th even if you wish to go down to the 1st!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying with us again during your last visit to the Boston area. I am sorry to learn that the elevators were a challenge to you.

As you stated, we are engaged in a modernization project. Due to its complexity and uncompromising safety features, it is not something that can be completed by rushing. As previously stated, once completed, it will be a fast and efficient system. The signs in the lobby explain the nature of the process- thank you for acknowledging them.

Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here for a convention. The hotel is in an awesome location, with easy public transportation access to anywhere in Boston and the Amtrak train station, all within a five minute walk. You can even walk to the Amtrak station through an indoor route and just cross the street. Two malls are attached and there are so many good restaurants within walking distance. The hotel itself is clean and the room was very clean and comfortable. I did not request any extra services but the staff I encountered seemed friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here the next time I need a hotel in Boston.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thank you also for staying with us.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to the Boston area.

All the best.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived at noon on a Saturday and saw the registration line was spread through the lobby. We choose to return two hours later and completed our registration in 35 minutes. REALLY! Four staff members and five empty stations. The elevators are also poor. Hard to believe that you can wait fifteen minutes to reach your destination.

Over our three day stay I never saw anyone assisting guests with taxi service or directions.

Fortunately the room was clean, well appointed with a good mattress. This is not a new hotel. Clearly management is resting on their corporate reputation not interested in serving their guests. A sign indicating speedy elevators are coming is a sad excuse for management expressing concern.

Room Tip: Stay on a low floor and use the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank stewart s
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn that when you arrived on Saturday the registration desk was busy. It so happened that a large group staying in the hotel was departing, as another large convention was arriving at the same time. Since at that time there weren't many rooms available because guests were still enjoying them, interactions at the desk took longer. I am sorry that this was an inconvenience to you.

I was also disappointed to learn that you did not noticed any of the multiple green initiatives we currently have. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss them. I am at the same time pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms and great beds.

All the best.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

When you know that a convention is coming to your hotel why place signs around stating that elevator delays are to be expected while we upgrade our elevators? Why upgrade when you know the hotel is full to capacity? This should have been accomplished weeks earlier. The only time that you had no wait was going to the fitness center - which is really good. The bar staff was completely overwhelmed a couple of days and finally I gave up and went to my room. While the location is great, it's not worth the price or the headache.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet. I never heard any hall noise at all and my room was very close to the elevato...
1  Thank jomjr6

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Boston.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Health Club and room. I was at the same time disappointed that the pace of the elevators may have been an inconvenience. As you noted, we are currently engaged in a modernization project and once completed our system will be extremely efficient.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Not only a great location for all things Boston, but a very friendly staff. We had a great room with a lovely view of the river. The bellhop remembered us from two days before. They could use another restaurant, but there are certainly are many good restaurants very close to the hotel. The problem - supposedly being renovated - but certainly not in our time there (five days) was the elevators. Thank goodness we were on an upper floor, as many times by the time we arrived at the middle floors gong down the elevator was full so people had to wait for the next, and then the next one. Ask for an upper level room if at all possible, if the hotel is busy you will be happier - with he view and the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor - above floor 20 if possible - both for the view and ease in gettin...
1  Thank Tom03301

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your review. We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our great location.

Regarding the elevators, as you stated, there are some that are much faster than others. That is because as the modernization project evolves the system becomes noticeably faster. Thank you for the observation.

Thank you for staying with us.