3,546 results
All reviewscopley placechampions bargreat locationthe concierge loungeprudential centerbusy hotellarge hotelcharles rivernewbury streetcorner roomduck tourhigh floorgreat shoppingback bay stationattending a conferencecentral locationvalet parking
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Our stay here was totally unexpected. We were in Boston for something else and having a great time window shopping in all the designer stores and while having a drink in the hotel bar (a great place with a huge drinks menu and great food) when we decided we didn't want to go home. I asked about the rate and was told $329. When I asked if they could do any better, I was immediately given a rate of $249. Our room was on the 25th floor and was a corner room. We had amazing city views and two entire walls were windows. My only issue with this hotel was with the tv of all things. The cabinet holding it was in front of one of the windows and because of this I guess, it was not very tall. This made the tv at a weird low angle. Even though it was a flat screen, the picture was not very good. And surprisingly, there is no free tv. Everything is pay per view, and then not many choices. I thought this was odd since I can't remember staying hotel that didn't offer free tv channels. The bathroom was small, but it was very clean and since it was only one night it was fine. Our bed was a king size and was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The pillows were great and normally I can't sleep on hotel pillows.

The location to everything cannot be beat at this hotel. I will need to be in Boston again just before Christmas and am already planning another stay at this hotel to do a little shopping and check out the shops all decked out for the holidays!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2008

My dad (in his 80s), myself and my 12 year old son found this to be the perfect hotel for our historic tour of Boston. The old town trolley stops at the hotel. I really didn't want to drive around Boston.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 October 2008

This was my third and last stay at The Marriot Copley. the first two stays were not great but I loved the location so gave it another chance. since we are in Boston almost monthly for business.
We checked into a corner room on a high floor. The room was not clean- The bathroom had hair in it that was not ours, a toilet that was not flushed, and no towels. In addition there were several finger or toenail clippings on the carpet beside the bed- which led me to beileve the room was not vacummed. We called down to complain and after about an hour someone called back and offered cothe okies and milk to my children to make up for the mess- Obviously not what we needed at that point. Then at 4 am the service elevator which is located behind the room opened and closed almost non stop for about an hour- When we called the front desk the manager on duty dismissed our complaint and stated this is a busy hotel.
The next day we were finally given a new room. Moments after leaving the old room I realized I left expensive new boots in the room. It took at least an hour to get someone to open the door of the old room wich had by this time been "cleaned" and occupied. Ofcourse the boots were gone! After speaking to several manager I was told they can not be found.
Aside from the above the matresses are old and sag in the center, the furniture is old and chipped and bathroom has plenty of mildew!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank csnews
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Very nice hotel. Location is Great.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 7 October 2008

First the not-so-good. Too large and impersonal (1100 rooms), part of the Copley Mall complex (exclusive shopping), expensive parking ($30 per day), no hotel restaurant and expensive room service (add 20%-25% Service and then add tax).
But then, good location for tourist areas, a large corner room with views from the 24th floor, Starbuck's and other restaurants in the lobby area, Shaw's supermarket across from the hotel entrance, an empty fridge and tea/coffee maker for guest use,
Taking all into account, after enjoying Boston all day, the hotel was a comfortable retreat.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple