“Convention Hotel, not enough elevators. Good location!”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mission Viejo, CA
“Convention Hotel, not enough elevators. Good location!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We spent a week here because of a convention. There are 9 elevators, but 2 or 3 were not working. So, you waited a lot. Sometimes you had to go down to the first floor get one to go up. Room and view of Boston was really nice.

Location was excellent. Easy access to the subway. A shopping mall and grocery store across the street. With a refrigerator in the room, we were able to stock things for breakfast and snacks. Lots of places nearby to dine. Work definitely stay here again (hopefully the elevators get fixed!)

Room Tip: Get a room towards the top and a view of the Charles River. Lower floors are blocked by local build...
Green Features: They ask to reuse sheets and towels if you can. Don't know if they do any recycling.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MVCA0Traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Copley for a conference during the last week of June. I had a room on one of the highest floors with two double beds. The view of the surroundings was outstanding; the room itself adequate but not particularly memorable. The hotel staff were all kind, courteous, and accustomed to dealing with large groups of people. I at at the sports bar a few times and they had great pub food with a good beer selection. The location was great with easy walking to two green line T stops. My only peeve was the long wait time for the elevators, which while partly a function of the number of people in the hotel, should not have been quite the issue it was when there are so many elevators. Other than that I enjoyed my 4 night stay very much!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IntotheWoods22
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We arrived to thd hotel via airport bus which stopped about 2 blocks or so from the hotel. It wasn't bad and was cheaper than renting a car or cab. The staff greeted us as we were there for business and leisure. The staff was helpful particularly the front desk attendant. The room was very nice and the view overlooking thd city was fantastic. The hotel is in the heart of Copley Square and walking distance if you have strong legs to the main historic attractions. The highlight for me was the Freedom Trail. The only issue at the hotel was elevator service, incredibly slow. Overall, the experience was great and I would visit again.

• Stayed June 2014
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Woman in the reception was very good. Rooms were like everywhere else in the same type of hotels. Very convenient for shopping as it is connected to 2 shopping centers. It is convenient to have several restaurant options downstairs but many options also close to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First, let me say that the elevators where working fine. There were some relatively recent reviews about work on the elevators. I was there the week of July 4th and everything worked perfectly. The customer service, including valet service, was excellent. I asked for a late check out due to my flight and it was granted with no problem. There is a good store right across the street and the hotel is connected to a nice mall, all within easy walking distance.
The room was clean and comfortable and the bed was so comfortable I hated to get up. It was a very good experience and an excellent location.
The only negative comment I have is that the WiFi required extra payment to use. I expected free WiFi for the price of the room. I ended up using my personal hotspot instead of their service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank road_tested2011
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were here for a conference for my husband, so we got a better rate. I don't think we'd choose to swing it otherwise. But if you're here, can't beat the location. It's close to 2 T-stops (underground subway), a Shaw's supermarket, the Boston Public Library and the Boston Public Gardens. We walked the mile plus to Boston Common and then the Freedom Trail from there (we like walking, but it's an easy t-ride to any of the sights and to Harvard and MIT in Cambridge).

Franco, the concierge is a sweetheart. He got us reservations on a Saturday night for Atlantic Fish Co. I had to try to reserve online and then by phone; no dice. Franco made a call to the manager and presto, we were in at 7. He also was really gracious helping me out with some details, taking time and effort to make my life easier. I'm grateful.

The hotel room had a great view, and all the cleaning staff, etc., seemed to be great.

My only negatives are that the wait for the elevators could be several minutes (as many as five or so) and that we had some difficulties with the front desk to separate out work charges from personal charges. One of the staff assured my husband that it was no problem to fix it if he would take care of it at check-out, and... it wasn't. It took half an hour of our planned pre-flight time, and they still didn't work it out. We don't fault the desk staff before we left; just the guy that convinced my husband to wait until we were time-strapped.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel during the summer. The best thing was the area in which it was located, Back Bay is a very good neighbourhood with great restaurants around and nice shops. However, I believe that there are many other great hotels in the area.
This marriot has little personality and is very simple in many ways.
Although the service always met our personal standards, the lobby area and rooms aren't special in any way.
Also, for people who want to be in a more relaxed atmosphere, this will not be the hotel for you as it is placed inside a mall with a lot of people walking about.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JohnR3924YC, Front Office Manager at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Maria,

Thank you to you and your family for staying with us during your visit to the Boston area. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our great location and that our staff was pleasant.

I am sorry that our lobby was, at times, busy. As a large, downtown convention hotel, it is possible at times that large groups conglomerate in the public areas. I apologize if this was an inconvenience to you.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next visist to the Boston area.

Bes regards.