“Amazing Hotel - Huge!”

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently attended the North American Teacher's of Singing conference at the Boston Marriott Copley Place. This hotel is huge, but run well. All the staff, from the front desk crew to the bellmen, to the wait staff were very knowledgeable and personable. Hard to find in a big corporate hotel. The maid service was excellent and both of the ladies that I interacted with went above making sure we had what we needed. The internet on the higher floors is a bit spotty but was able to reconnect quickly when it happened without major outages. Another plus.

Don't overlook bringing your swimming suit because they have an excellent pool and hot tub, as well as excersize room on the 5th floor, and I overheard several people bemoaning the fact that they'd not even thought to bring suits.

If you have children with you with finicky appitites consider running across the street to Shaw's grocery and stocking up on cereal, milk and finger foods. This hotel may have the slowest response time elevators I've ever seen, but they do eventually show up and get you where you're going quickly. It gives you a chance to get to know your fellow travelers, and I met lots of nice folks from all over the world.

In house parking prices are spendy, so if you are planning a lenghty stay you might consider finding an off site parking garage for a few dollars less, or leave the car home and take public transport which is readily available at the entrance area to the lobby outside.

Check for the availability of outside tour opportunities. Several leave from eiher the hotel or close to the hotel, including a tour of Boston and the harbor in Amphibous vehicles you can board across the street.

Shopping affectionados should love the Copley which is attached to two main malls, and the food court at the mall is a good option to grab a decent and fairly priced quick lunch between sessions of whichever conference you may be attending.

Overall a GREAT experience and I would consider revisiting this property if I'm ever in the area again!

Room Tip: Lower floors seem to have better wi-fi access

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We spent a week here because of a convention. There are 9 elevators, but 2 or 3 were not working. So, you waited a lot. Sometimes you had to go down to the first floor get one to go up. Room and view of Boston was really nice.

Location was excellent. Easy access to the subway. A shopping mall and grocery store across the street. With a refrigerator in the room, we were able to stock things for breakfast and snacks. Lots of places nearby to dine. Work definitely stay here again (hopefully the elevators get fixed!)

Room Tip: Get a room towards the top and a view of the Charles River. Lower floors are blocked by local build...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MVCA0Traveler
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Copley for a conference during the last week of June. I had a room on one of the highest floors with two double beds. The view of the surroundings was outstanding; the room itself adequate but not particularly memorable. The hotel staff were all kind, courteous, and accustomed to dealing with large groups of people. I at at the sports bar a few times and they had great pub food with a good beer selection. The location was great with easy walking to two green line T stops. My only peeve was the long wait time for the elevators, which while partly a function of the number of people in the hotel, should not have been quite the issue it was when there are so many elevators. Other than that I enjoyed my 4 night stay very much!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IntotheWoods22
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We arrived to thd hotel via airport bus which stopped about 2 blocks or so from the hotel. It wasn't bad and was cheaper than renting a car or cab. The staff greeted us as we were there for business and leisure. The staff was helpful particularly the front desk attendant. The room was very nice and the view overlooking thd city was fantastic. The hotel is in the heart of Copley Square and walking distance if you have strong legs to the main historic attractions. The highlight for me was the Freedom Trail. The only issue at the hotel was elevator service, incredibly slow. Overall, the experience was great and I would visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Woman in the reception was very good. Rooms were like everywhere else in the same type of hotels. Very convenient for shopping as it is connected to 2 shopping centers. It is convenient to have several restaurant options downstairs but many options also close to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First, let me say that the elevators where working fine. There were some relatively recent reviews about work on the elevators. I was there the week of July 4th and everything worked perfectly. The customer service, including valet service, was excellent. I asked for a late check out due to my flight and it was granted with no problem. There is a good store right across the street and the hotel is connected to a nice mall, all within easy walking distance.
The room was clean and comfortable and the bed was so comfortable I hated to get up. It was a very good experience and an excellent location.
The only negative comment I have is that the WiFi required extra payment to use. I expected free WiFi for the price of the room. I ended up using my personal hotspot instead of their service.

1  Thank road_tested2011
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were here for a conference for my husband, so we got a better rate. I don't think we'd choose to swing it otherwise. But if you're here, can't beat the location. It's close to 2 T-stops (underground subway), a Shaw's supermarket, the Boston Public Library and the Boston Public Gardens. We walked the mile plus to Boston Common and then the Freedom Trail from there (we like walking, but it's an easy t-ride to any of the sights and to Harvard and MIT in Cambridge).

Franco, the concierge is a sweetheart. He got us reservations on a Saturday night for Atlantic Fish Co. I had to try to reserve online and then by phone; no dice. Franco made a call to the manager and presto, we were in at 7. He also was really gracious helping me out with some details, taking time and effort to make my life easier. I'm grateful.

The hotel room had a great view, and all the cleaning staff, etc., seemed to be great.

My only negatives are that the wait for the elevators could be several minutes (as many as five or so) and that we had some difficulties with the front desk to separate out work charges from personal charges. One of the staff assured my husband that it was no problem to fix it if he would take care of it at check-out, and... it wasn't. It took half an hour of our planned pre-flight time, and they still didn't work it out. We don't fault the desk staff before we left; just the guy that convinced my husband to wait until we were time-strapped.