“Convenient Location -- All the way Around”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient Location -- All the way Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We arrived in Boston several days after Winter Storm Nemo hit the East Coast. It was amazing how the tarmac at Logan Airport was clear and no snow accumulation visible. I had called the hotel to get a feel for the aftermath of the storm and was advised by a representive the walks around the hotel were shoveled and it really was not all that bad. We took the airport shuttle bus to the Boston MBTA subway. We purchased a Charlie Card and took the Blue Line 2 stops to the Aquarium station. Had we paid more attention to the signage it is possible to emerge just steps from the Hotel entrance. We took the exit across the street and came out right by Quincy Market. The Marriott is just across Atlantic Avenue and near many of the top sights in Boston.

The hotel is kind of a similar shape to the South Market Building and has a modern atrium style interior. Check-in was easy and they welcomed afternoon guests with an assortment of cookies. We had a room on the 5th floor with a view of the water and facing the North End. The beds were super comfortable and the bathroom was nice and stocked with several sets of towels. The bathroom doors were a little different and swung out to open.

We had access to the concierge lounge on the 7th floor and went up for the appetizer and dessert service. The lounge consists of two rooms with great views of the Harbor.
They had a couple of computers and a printer for guest use. The breakfast is also served in this room and we enjoyed both meal offerings.

Just across the street from the hotel you can find Faneuil Hall Marketplace, the Hard Rock Cafe, Customs building and lots of shopping. We want to come back in Summer or Fall and explore more of Boston. We quickly determined on this visit the Marriott Long Wharf would make an excellent base of operation in Boston.

Room Tip: The North facing view on a high floor is pretty hard to beat!!
2 Thank 105countries
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for your very detailed review of the Boston Marriott Long Wharf. You are correct when you say that our location is ideal. We find that many of our guests enjoy the convenience of staying with us, parking their car and experience everything that surrounds the hotel. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Arabic first
Rochester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I drove to Boston for the weekend and were pleasantly surprised by this Marriott! Great location on the water. The building had historic value. We had a nice view of the city from our room. The atmosphere at the hotel bar and lounge, complete with comfortable chairs and books was fabulous. I ordered a couple Aviations and they were well done. We would like to head to Boston for another weekend in the near future, when it is much warmer, and with the kids! Maybe we will go whale watching. We recommend this hotel for sure.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Boston. The location is pretty central to many sites and is a nice setting on the water. The hotel is updated and the rooms are clean and comfortable with spacious bathrooms. The concierge lounge provides a nice view of the waterfront to start/end your day. The thermostat didn't appear to work right in my room, but it seems like this is true of most hotels I stay in anymore.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We just stayed at the Long Wharf over this past weekend. With the North East feeling the full fury of "Nemo," we were pretty much "snowed in." We had a great stay. The entire hotel staff was great and very professional considering the circumstances with the weather. We had lunch and dinner at the hotel's restaurant "The Waterline" and had no complaints. The hotel lobby has just been updated and is a great location to read a book, or do some work on your or one of the hotel's computers. The pool and workout areas are clean and modern. Couple of concerns that you should be aware of, they are presently working on the garage during the week and the noise generated can be easliy heard on the first couple of floors. Also, the fee of $46.00 per day to park your car at the hotel can add up quickly if you stay for a few days. The Long Wharf is by far our favorite hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: Closer to the water, the better
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin L
foxboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Stayed here December 2012 with the wife and 2 kids as a birthday celebration getaway. We live near Boston but wanted to explore it more. We had great views of the harbor and the historic North End. We used the indoor pool both nights and the kids loved it. We ate once in the hotel restaurant but recommend eating elsewhere for better quality, price and atmosphere. The real advantage of this hotel is its location for sightseeing. The Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall is right across the street, as is the Aquarium. The Historic North End and Freedom Trail are two blocks north and even in the winter with a 5 year old it was an easy safe walk. The tourist trolley line "Old Town Trolley" has a ticket kiosk and stop right outside the front door of the hotel. It;s an amazing great deal in Boston where for $25.00 each they bring you to everything worth seeing in the city. We went to The Charlestown shipyard and toured the USS Constitution and walked up the freedom trail to the Bunker Hill Memorial and museum. The trolley comes back every half hour and the drivers regale you with jokes and stories as you travel the route to the next point of interest. On previous trips we spent harrowing time in cabs at much higher cost and saw much less. The Trolley ticket cost included admission to the Tea Party Museum which is a great venue for kids and adults.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Stayed here the first weekend of February when rates were VERY reasonable - $169/nt for Sat and Sun. If you can get a rate around this price then it is worth staying here as the location can't be beat.

So I am a Marriott Platinum member and this is a Category 8 (yes 8!) hotel. If you want to use your points here it costs 40K points per night. Have to say I would have been VERY unhappy if I had spent that many points or more $ than what I did to stay here. This hotel is NOT on par with top worldwide hotels.

And the hotel treated me better I am sure than most because of my status. I was upgraded to an Executive King on the 6th floor. My husband and I got minimal sleep the first night as there was noise in the pipes that kept us up most of the night. I finally called the desk at 5:30 AM, exhausted. They acknowledged there had been sporadic complaints with the room as recently as that week. To say I was not pleased was an understatement. They offered me 50% off and after discussing it further they took the whole night off the bill.

They moved us to another room for the 2nd night and while we could hear a low hum, the annoyance factor was fairly minimal especially in comparison to the first night.

I need to come back to Boston in November and checked rates for Veteran's Day weekend - $449/nt. I don't think so. I will be staying at another Marriott property.

So decent hotel, great location with nice views - not a Category 8 IMO nor worth $449 per night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that our front desk staff took it upon themselves to upgrade you to an Executive King Room, but disapointed there was a noise that kept you awake. I am not aware of a noise issue with any of those rooms, but since we have only a handful of this room type, I can walk them all with my Engineering Director with hopes of identifying the problem. I certainly hope you will choose our hotel in the future and I would invite you to contact me if you do. It would be my pleasure to coordinate a more enjoyable upgrade.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Excellent choice for business or pleasure. EZ access to all Boston business with parking and subway conveniently located. Excellent selection of restaurants nearby including the on site facility which boasts a great buffet. Boston Aquarium across the plaza and Faneuil Hall right up the hill are just a couple of the nearby options for recreation and dining (EZ cab ride to North End and legendary dining). Give the Long Wharf a try--never a disappointment.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business