“Location & Quality”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Location & Quality”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

First of all, let me say that my review rating is higher because what I got for the rate I paid. It was under $320 for 2 nights including tax. If I would've paid more, maybe I would've given a less overall rating.

My trip is based on 2 people – on a 3-day weekend getaway.

Location: Let me say that this hotel is across the street from Faneuil Hall and Quincy markets. Which is a plus, since you can eat breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, and even desserts for low prices. You are 3 blocks from little italy - which has great cafes and gelatos. You are across the street from the Aquarium, Legal Seafoods Restaurant, 7-eleven and steps away from the blue line (subway station) and the Trolley stops.

Hotel: Our flight arrived 10am and we were surprised that upon arrival at the hotel (before 11am) we were given a room. This is a plus. We got a king bed in a corner room - 3rd floor. It was HUGE vs other hotels. We had a window street view, which was ok for us to help check the weather. Very clean spacious room and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was good, clean and enough towels for us, no vanity outside though. I had to ask for a shower cap at the front desk, because it was not in given in the room. The corner room given was far away from the amenities, not noisy for us at all. It was quiet and perfect for naps.

The hotel has a big exercise room that hubby used every day. Granted, the indoor pool/whirpool are pretty small and if there are kids around, it makes it impossible to enjoy it. But it is a plus if you have family that would like to enjoy and kill and afternoon there.
The lobby offers computers to check in your flight and print boarding passes. We did some research and used to make reservations for our 2 dinners. There is an starbucks inside the lobby of the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again. It was a perfect stay for 2 on a chilly weekend.

I did not use the valet/parking (which is over $45 per day), the restaurant/bar, concierge services and lounge, or any room service.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My husband and I were in Boston, from Maine for one night, meeting friends from Connecticut. We all stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf, because you always know what to expect w/ Marriott, which is consistently good service and nice amenties, plus the excellent location. We did request a room on the 6th floor and did not get it, but it was a pretty booked night as it was the start of Feburary break for many students/families. The 4th floor was fine, had a view of the aquarium and could see the water. We were right next to the elevator and worried a bit, but it was super quiet. The room was small, but fine for two people. Had a great, comfortable, king bed with those great Marriott linens. There was a coffee station, "cooler" type fride, safe, good closet, full size ironing board/iron, hairdryer and lots of storage for clothes and a good desk to work at w/ a lot of outlets for charging electronics. The TV was very nice. The shower head great, the pressure for the toilet, not good and no fan in the bathroom. The shower caused a lot of humidity and you could see the damage in the paint on the ceiling above the shower. My pet-peeve, a fan in the bathroom to get rid of excess moisture/humidity is needed! The decor of the room was okay. I liked the pictures of old Boston and all very nautical. The decor itself was a bit 90's. The lounge/bar area was great fun, beautifully decorated and had good service. The drink/wine choices excellent. We did the breakfast buffet the next moring and it was awesome! We had a table that looked out on the water, it was snowing, lobster omelet, good friends, time w/ my husband, it was perfect! You can't beat the location. We walked to dinner in the North End with no problem and walked to the shopping at Fanuel Hall/Quincy Market the next day. It's close to so much and easy access to many T-stops. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. It's a great place to stay in Boston.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I'm a long-term Platinum member and have, for the most part, enjoyed Marriott facilities all over the world. Long story short, I thought that the Long Wharf - and it's concierge lounge (which I had previously frequented) would be a nice place to share a birthday weekend with my two sons who attend Boston-area colleges. Had no problem committing to the 80,000 points required to book two rooms with idea that we would have access to the beautiful views and space that I knew was accorded by the lounge. Imagine my surprise to discover, upon arrival, that the CONCIERGE LOUNGE IS COMPETELY CLOSED ON SATURDAYS AND DOES NOT REOPEN UNTIL 2 PM ON SUNDAYS. Be forwarned, those of you wishing to exchange all of your hard-earned business points on a weekend with the family. The king room we were assigned was directly across from the elevator. Sometimes can't be helped, I get it. But the constant voices/dinging of the lift resulted in no sleep for either of us. There was really no good space for our family to enjoy the cake I'd brought along. The water pressure in the showers was non-existant and the towels were of a Fairfield Suites quality. The half empty bottle of someone else's K-Y jelly hidden in the folds of the curtains completely turned me off. Hairy bed, small rooms, cramped (at best) bathroom. Not a category 8 hotel in any way shape or form. Have asked for some point compensation from Marriott, but nothing forthcoming so far. Best service? The $48 parking service. Employees courteous and prompt when we were SO ready to leave.

4 Thank sierrashoo
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It sounds like we did not meet your expectations on many levels, for that I am truly sorry. I undertstand that our Director of Hotel Operations has been in contact with you since this review was written. I do hope you are satisfied with his actions and I would invite you to contact me if I can be of further assistance.
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Came here with my family for the school vacation week. Heard it was right in the middle of all of Bostons sights. The hotel itself was conveniently located near public transportation, and was typical of other Marriott hotels with regards to cleanliness and comfortable beds. Unfortunately the complements end there. The Room Service Receptionists were extremely rude, and the Front Desk Personnel even worse. My son was scolded because he tried to take 2 cookies. When my wife was trying to clarify hours for the pool, whe was responded to quite unprofessionally by a staff member named Shannon. Not a place I will be returning to.

1 Thank John Q
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. OH MY, I am disapointed to hear that our staff service was not up to our high standars during your interactions. I value this feedback and will use it in a fashion to provide more consistent levels of service and hospitality in the future. I would invite you to contact me directly the next time you are visiting Boston with your family. I would be happy to coordinate an exceptional stay for you in the future.
Jericho, Vt
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The Longwharf Marriott is a great hotel in a great location, especially if you want to do kids stuff in Boston. It's next door to the aquarium and a T station is right next to the hotel, and it's very close to Quincy Market. The staff is friendly, the hotel is very nicely decorated, the rooms are well appointed and clean and the food is a step above the standard hotel food. I can definitely recommend it for your trip to Boston.

Room Tip: Try to get an even number, they look out over the water.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and 3 days over President's weekend and could not have been happier with this hotel. The staff was courteous, professional and very helpful. The hotel was clean, well maintained and comfortable. Our room was spacious for a city hotel, clean and comfortable. The hotel was crowded due to the holiday weekend with lots of families and the hallways and common areas (including the nice little pool) were energetic and a bit loud. The location was great - easy access to many fun activities for the family (a few blocks to the North End, across the street to Quincy Market/Fanuiel Hall, and 100 yards from the New England Aquarium). Also, the breakfast buffet was terrific! Our only complaint was the cost of parking - $46 per night (this is pricey even for an urban center). We would definitely reccomend this hotel to other travelling to Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall to avoid some of the noise created by the atrium style of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Sounds like you had an enjoyable experience, I appreciate all of the kind remarks regarding the hotel service staff and amenities. I am thrilled you loved the breakfast buffet, we like to think it is the best in Boston!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We arrived in Boston several days after Winter Storm Nemo hit the East Coast. It was amazing how the tarmac at Logan Airport was clear and no snow accumulation visible. I had called the hotel to get a feel for the aftermath of the storm and was advised by a representive the walks around the hotel were shoveled and it really was not all that bad. We took the airport shuttle bus to the Boston MBTA subway. We purchased a Charlie Card and took the Blue Line 2 stops to the Aquarium station. Had we paid more attention to the signage it is possible to emerge just steps from the Hotel entrance. We took the exit across the street and came out right by Quincy Market. The Marriott is just across Atlantic Avenue and near many of the top sights in Boston.

The hotel is kind of a similar shape to the South Market Building and has a modern atrium style interior. Check-in was easy and they welcomed afternoon guests with an assortment of cookies. We had a room on the 5th floor with a view of the water and facing the North End. The beds were super comfortable and the bathroom was nice and stocked with several sets of towels. The bathroom doors were a little different and swung out to open.

We had access to the concierge lounge on the 7th floor and went up for the appetizer and dessert service. The lounge consists of two rooms with great views of the Harbor.
They had a couple of computers and a printer for guest use. The breakfast is also served in this room and we enjoyed both meal offerings.

Just across the street from the hotel you can find Faneuil Hall Marketplace, the Hard Rock Cafe, Customs building and lots of shopping. We want to come back in Summer or Fall and explore more of Boston. We quickly determined on this visit the Marriott Long Wharf would make an excellent base of operation in Boston.

Room Tip: The North facing view on a high floor is pretty hard to beat!!
2 Thank 105countries
Thank you for your very detailed review of the Boston Marriott Long Wharf. You are correct when you say that our location is ideal. We find that many of our guests enjoy the convenience of staying with us, parking their car and experience everything that surrounds the hotel. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.