“Another great stay”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We live about 90 minutes from Boston and come into the city a couple of times a year for a long weekend. We always stay at the Long Wharf not only because of its location but more importantly to us is the wonderful treatment that we receive from the entire staff from the valet, to housekeeping to the front desk. Kudos to management for being able to retain such a wonderful staff. See you soon

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CarolynDD777
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf. I look forward to sharing your remarks at our upcoming associate meeting.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,183)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Boston is such a great city to walk around and get some exercise. I was there on business but I'd love to come back w the family and ride the duck boats and eat some great seafood. The Boston LW Marriott was so enjoyable because the staff are so friendly and engaging. My room was nice w a good view. U don't need a car so please think twice about it because it gets very expensive to park..subway, taxis and walking r all close by. Love the locals and that awesome Bahston accent..Thanks for the nice stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time in Boston while in town for business. We hope you will have the opportunity to come back with your family in the summer.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had an excellent stay here. The hotel lobby is plush. The inside hotel staff were nice. Our room had a side view they all do. Not the biggest Courtyard room but its Boston. The location makes the hotel right on the Long Wharf. So handy for boat tours & shops & restaurants around & a short walk to the Old State House. There is a close by Marta station which is necessary in Boston. The concierge lounge has a great view too. We ate for convenience & cost in the restaurant. Its ok. No view.
Our one & major complaint is the doormen/valets. SO RUDE!! unbelievable rude. My husband is a business platinum traveler with Marriott & we have the credit card & they were difficult, unhelpful & did I say RUDE again!! The exact opposite of the doormen in Newport. I wouldn't stay there again just for that but the location & view does win out.

Room Tip: Ask for a forwards room to get a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Traflagar
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I am disappointed to hear about the service that was provided at the front door. Typically we hear positive comments, so I am terribly sorry that we fell short during your time with us. I will share your remarks with the front door staff with an effort to eliminate such concerns in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Loved this hotel and I am picky about my hotels! The area around the hotel was clean, walkable, and had great views, I can't say enough about the front desk. When we checked in they were as excited as we were. We told them we were headed to a celtics game for my son's birthday. The gave us all the info we needed. When we returned home there was a not wishing my son a happy birthday with lots of fun treats! It made everyone's night. That simple act of kindness alone would make us go back. The next day the kids swam in the pool, it is small, clean, and new. Perfect for kids! The view of the boats as the kids swam was beautiful. Breakfast was much more than a simple breakfast. It had tons of healthy options! Obviously, it was a perfect experience. Definitely would reccomend it. My only suggestion is have real cream near the coffee not little containers. :)
Thanks for a great stay. We now want to be Marriot members so we can stay there again soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CPolo

Thank you for celebrating your son's birthday with us. I am happy to see that our front desk staff provide great service as well as an unexpected treat for your son's birthday. Hope you had a fun time at the Celtic game.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stay at this hotel frequently (several times a year). A few months back we stayed and had some very rowdy neighbors to the extent that we had to call the front desk and complain. They took immediate action and rectified the problem. We were there again yesterday and after getting back from opening day at Fenway we found a bucket of cold beers and a plate of peanuts in our room along with a note from the rooms controller Ms. Giacalone. The note read, "Welcome back! I am aware you experienced noisy neighbors your last stay. I hope you enjoy your larger room (they also gave us an upgrade) and treat on me. Please let me know if you need anything during your stay." How classy is that! Nobody does this. We were blown away. Yes, were Platinum Elite members but it was still a very cool gesture. A hotel that keep track of things like that is on the ball. What great customer service. We are staying again next weekend and here's hoping because of last night's fire alarm at 11:30 pm we can get the same treatment. But either way great customer service.

Room Tip: 728 - right next to elevator but a great room - there was no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave A

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. At times, there will be problems and when they arise we try our best to rectify them to the best of our ability. We also have systems that allow us to identify when a guest had a problem on previous stays, this way we can prepare for thier arrival and ensure we do not have the same problem again. I am thrilled to hear about your experience and I will sure to thank Ms. Giacalone for a job well done. Thank you once again for your feedback, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was greeted by the valet who was very nice. He called the front desk to alert them of my arrival. I had never had that happen. It was a great first impression. The rooms are really nice and the quality you expect from Marriott. The front desk staff was very friendly and took an extra effort to make me feel welcome. The hotel is in a great location on the wharf and across the street from the Quincy Market. I will definitely stay here again when I get back to Boston.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank C

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your feedback regarding staff service and how the front door notified the front desk of your arrival. I will be sure to share your review with both areas and thank them for creating a brilliant arrival experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for a girl's weekend and thought the location was excellent. We walked to the North End for breakfast and dinner, shopped nearby and hung out in the hotel bar, which is very nice. Service was good, rooms were clean and nice. Parking is close, although it is expensive. My only complaint would be that the blankets were rather thin, but whatever. Had connecting rooms which was great. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the lobby level and did not hear any noise from the lobby. FYI
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NewYork5family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Sounds like the girl's weekend was a success! I appreciate your feedback regarding the blanket as well as the quiet room! Hope to see you again soon.