“Wonderful location and helpful staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful location and helpful staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for recent family vacation including my 9yo daughter and parents. Property is close to lots of sights making it very easy. Staff was AWESOME, especially Stacey at the front desk who was quick to answer questions and make our stay much more enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stacey r
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Stacey R – I appreciate the nice review and commenting on Stacey in Reception – she is a gem. I will share your comments with the staff and celebrate all of her efforts in customer service. Please visit us again for another game when the Orioles are back in Beantown this September.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was a pleasure to be so conveniently located by Boston's North End. Just a short stroll to the Italian District for some of the finest Italian Cuisine outside of New York's Metropolitan Area. But I'm partial here since I'm from New York!!

Really, every bit as good as New York City!! The hotel sits right on Boston's Waterfront close to the Aquarium, Harbor Tours, City Bus & Duck Tours, & can catch the Freedom Trail pretty much right there. The Subway station is right out the door for the Blue Line. A City filled with American History, the Long Wharf Marriott is a 6 Star Marriott with tons of amenities. I considered it a Marriott Signature Hotel. Just bring the Big $$$$$. Very Expensive!! We used Marriott points to stay. 45,000 per night, so I'm guessing, depending on the season, rooms go for $450 plus per night.

Room Tip: Choose a view on the South side of hotel. As Hospitality room, Spa & pool are on the East side...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy1437
Dear Andy 1437 - from one native New Yorker to another I thank you. I am very proud of my adopted "home town" thank you for pointing out a few things that make Boston so special and that Long Wharf is right in the middle of it all. I appreciate the positive review. I hope to see you soon.
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past eight years, but have noticed a decline in service and quality of care for elite guests. My husband is a LIFETIME Platinum Premier member, but this status does not seem to matter as much as it used to at this property.
The Concierge Lounge has evolved from a special refuge into a family feeding-frenzy. While the Concierge attendants are exceptional, they seem over-worked and over-whelmed by the sheer number of families who scurry in for the food offerings, empty the serving trays, and leave a mess behind. A guest check-in system similar to the one utilized at the Marriott MSP Airport could certainly help curb abuse of the lounge.
On our visit in June, we called four times within two hours to try and get extra pillows, but we finally gave up as we were tired from our travels. Also, we had to change rooms on our second day at the hotel, because our requested room type was not available when we arrived.
The location of this hotel is perfect for easy access to all area attractions and the views of Boston Harbor are spectacular.
While we enjoy Boston, we are undecided about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam F
Dear Pam F - I can appreciate your opinions here and the disappointment with us, especially the lack of uniqueness of being a Platinum Rewards Member. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to Long Wharf and Marriott in general. This past holiday week we had on average 175 Gold and Platinum guests every night so with that volume we try to accommodate every guest and make our interactions with them as special as possible. It is obvious in your case we failed and for that I am sorry. Please feel free contact me on a future stay should you decide to stay with us at Long Wharf so I can look after every detail and simply make it Brilliant for you.
Adams, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Loved this hotel. First, the location is perfect for anything you may want to do in Boston. The aquarium, harbor, Fanuel Hall , all right there. T stop also. You can easily walk to the North End, the T Garden and government center.
We had a king bed room with view of the city. The bathroom is small but I did not mind that. The room was very quiet & we slept well. Had a "cooler" refrigerator, which I liked better then one of those regular room refrigerators. Kept our water & drinks cold. Also had the in room safe. The bed stands had the stone tops which is good for putting your drinks on. The pool & spa were small but well tended. Nice balcony off the pool to just sit & watch the boats in the harbor. The workout room is quite large with lots of equipment. The lobby is very comfortable with lots of seats & couches to sit on.
The staff was great. Very friendly. We ate at the bar VERY late. They were just about to close. They serve food till 12AM. We had been to a concert & hadn't eaten. It was 11:45 & Shannon the bartender was great. Went out of her way to make sure we got everything we needed. We got a hamburg & turkey sandwich. Very good. My sandwich could have fed both of us. I actually took it up to the room because I couldn't finish it. Had such a great experience here, we are planning to come back in the fall or early winter & really enjoy a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank girlyouk
Dear Girlyouk - thank you for the excellent review and reminding the Trip Advisor community about how great our restaurant Waterline is. We will reach out to Shannon and thank her for a job well done.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Average rooms, friendly staff, perfect location on the wharf for the PTown ferry. I have stayed in Marriotts considered mid-level that have provided more amenities at a better rate. Agree with last reviewer about lack of benefits for those with status and status of concierge level.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank SuZenMaster
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Susanlbinn - I appreciate the honesty in your review. Thank you for your patronage of Long Wharf and with Marriott across our organization. We aim to provide great service, in clean, comfortable rooms that are consistent with our Brand. The intensive public space renovation is just about completed and will be finished by year’s end with carpet, wall paper and wall scones replacement on our guest floors.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I just don’t get it. I continue to be amazed at the indifference Marriott is recently showing their elite guests. As a LIFETIME Platinum Elite member it seems status at Marriott means ABSOLUTELY nothing these days. This hotel is another fine example of this indifference.

This hotel was nice enough, the staff was friendly, the room was clean, but there was NOTHING in the ENTIRE hotel experience that made me feel Elite.

The room was only average at best…of course no upgrade, middle of the floor — no view, nothing at all special (even though this was requested at check in).

The so called “concierge” lounge absolutely sucks. It has become a family reunion dinning room (8 people allowed in on one room key!?) at best or perhaps the Marriot elite lounges are now being extended to those with hotel "packages" (i think so). In the evening, it was a tempting offer of messy COLD appetizers, a mini fridge with drinks (water) — it was DEPRESSING! Uggh!

At a HYATT property you actually feel that status and loyalty MEANS SOMETHING (I just stayed at the Grand Hyatt New York City).

BOTTOM LINE: If you are not an ELITE Marriott member this hotel might be a good choice. If you have Marriott elite status, your elite status means nothing. Free internet — big deal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JKenHill
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I wanted to first thank you very much for your e-mail and for being such loyal Marriott customers over the years. We have built a prosperous business on relationships such as yours and they are definitely appreciated and valued.

My apologies for the disappointment with us this week for the relocation of the lounge and for not having any further complimentary upgrades available beyond the Concierge Floor. We are a very unique Hotel in the Marriott organization based on three primary factors.

1. At 412 rooms we have only 15 suites (2 one bedrooms and 13 executive) – less than 4%.
2. As a category 9 property, we are seeing extraordinary occupancy levels close to 90% which is 20% higher that most Marriott properties and significantly higher than even our completive set here in downtown Boston. It is also the reason why at 45,000 points the Rewards Redemption is also amongst the highest in the company.
3. We see a tremendous amount of Gold and Platinum Rewards members on a daily basis, some days we have in excess of 200 staying overnight with us.

This week in particular is a very heavily traveled week for our very best clients like yourself. In years past the very large numbers necessitate us to relocate the Concierge Lounge so that the experience is a good one compared with the alternative we have experienced in previous years. We relocated the lounge the first time in 2013 with much improved results. I can assure you that the Lounge isn’t open for all guests or those on a package rate. We have been checking all guests off a guest manifest to ensure it remains a special place for our Gold and Platinum guests, many of which have 2 and 3 rooms (explaining the large groups of families travelling together this week). I am sorry for your disappointment here, the feedback from many other special guests this week has been very favorable.

I know this doesn’t necessarily change what happened or your dissatisfaction with us, but I hope it explains a little bit more in detail the variables and intricacies at play during your stay.

Additionally please feel free to contact me personally should you ever return to Boston, so that I can personally look after the details of your stay and provide every courtesy at my disposal.
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Whether it's business or pleasure. Attending a conference or visiting family, we always stay at the Long Wharf when we can. The location is right on the waterfront across from Faneuil Hall, your right there in the North End, the Boston Aquarium is right next door about 200 yards away, and you can catch all the water tours right outside the hotel that you want. You walk right out front 50 feet away and catch the "T", the underground transportation, so you can go anywhere you want in the entire city of Boston. Cambridge, MIT, Arlington, anywhere you want to go. Nothing to stop you. Like I said, the location is everything.

Plus, aside from the location, the hotel employees are always friendly and meet all your needs no matter what. All you have to do is ask. The Bar has fantastic cocktail's, and Bartender's are very friendly and make you feel at home. You'll be greeted by smiles by everyone working at the hotel restaurant Waterline, and the food is incredible. Get a bowl of the New England Chowder because it has won awards against other Boston restaurants and is Delicious..... :) The rooms are clean, and updated and all have a view one way or another.

This won't be the cheapest hotel to stay at, but because of it's location and options for getting around the city, you have everything at your finger tips.

Room Tip: Request a room with a bay view. You want to be out towards the water or Chart House Restaurant (whi...
Green Features: They have the whole program as long as you participate as well. My wife and I always hang up the towels, and pull the covers back over the bed. We ask the girls to not worry about cleaning our room and hang up the "Do not Disturb" sign on the door.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank R_Ford_949
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear R_Ford_949 - I appreciate the review and some great "insider tips" not only for the Hotel, but also the city. I will share your positive thoughts on the food in Waterline with our Culinary Team. I look forward to seeing you back with us soon.