“Podge747”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Podge747”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We returned to this perfectly located hotel after many years. It is still a great place for the Boston tourist to stay. Extensively remodeled since our last visit the vast lobby encompasses a comfortable bar, good restaurant and lots of comfortable and quiet spaces. Guest rooms are adequate and very comfortable beds but bathrooms a little cramped. Restaurant serves an extensive breakfast buffet with an attentive and cheerful staff. The best feature of this hotel besides its excellent creature comforts is its proximity to the harbor, Aquarium,Freedom trail, Columbus Park, Ducky tours and all that any tourist requires. A great place for all ages and generally worth the hefty price

Room Tip: Front rooms may be quitter than back especially at weekends
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Podge747 – Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor and you return patronage. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We thought we reserved a king bed room and got two queens. They said out reservation did not guarantee a king. They were very nice about it and changed us to a king. Room was very nice and contemporary. Breakfast was $60 for the two of us and average food. Very nice location on the waterfront. Close to Faneuil Hall Market Place and the Aquarium.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Baconlovers
Dear Baconlovers - Thanks for your review and for staying with us. Typically Marriott only reserved “run of house” accommodations (either 2 queens of 1 king) to not over promise and under deliver. To increase the chances of getting the specific room category you desire, feel free to contact the Hotel directly and see if you can confirm the room type prior to arrival. We are always happy to help if we can, and this is a fairly routine request that our team handles. Hope to see you back at Long Wharf soon.
houston
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Traveling with my parents who are in their 70's and my dad is handicapped. I got help from Amy who helped me rent a wheelchair from the nicest place in town (Gary Drug). Everyone at the hotel was super nice and helpful to us. I really appreciated one of the managers Nini (hope I spelled that right) who helped me fix a problem that I had been concerned about immediately. Traveling with handicapped travelers is hard and with the cost of airfare and hotels these days you really hope and pray for a memorable trip with few troubles. The Marriott Long Warf helped make this a special trip for our family. People like Amy, Nini, Jaime and Bobby along with our housekeeping crew who always said hello and how are you - our trip was very memorable. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Bcfree - I appreciate your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations while you were travelling with family members with needs. Thank you for highlighting some of our team who went above and beyond. I have shared your review with everyone here at Long Wharf as added thanks.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was going to write one of my thoughtful, long-winded usual reviews, but I looked at some of the other reviews and thought, for the first time, "I can't expand on that."

Yes, the Marriott Long Wharf is expen$$$$ive to stay at, It is right in the heart of everything, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market...Footsteps from the T, which will get you anywhere if you figure it out (less confusing than NYC and the subways), and best, a short walk to the water (no beach....just concrete, then water...). Legal Seafood is within view and walking distance of the Long Wharf. But a quick hop to Copley Square will get you over to Atlantic Fish Company, which is well worth the couple minute trip.

Also, not to far away, you have the Freedom trail, which you can get guided tours on through the visitors center at Faneiul Hall, or a couple minutes north by car or just a bit more on foot will get you to the Old North Church.

I do like going here - and I find the hotel to be, in a word "convenient" to the tourist attractions. Otherwise. They have a very, very decent breakfast. The staff has been pleasant during my experiences and during my most recent trip there on the way to Gloucester.

It is Average to me because it only operates on location. If it was a stand alone hotel in the middle of nowhere, it would probably close quickly. It feeds off the tourist traffic, so, my best advice to you in this one is not to discount it as an option, although there are other very nice options in the area, but to consider all the places you may want to visit first, then plan your hotel. E.g. If Fenway is your destination (no comment ;) ), and you want to grab some beers at Cask 'n Flagon (beer good... :) ), you would be way out of the way without the T or a cab by staying here....just an FYI to those new to the area.

Lat tip: If you plan on bringing in any adult "beverages," make sure you keep them in your luggage or hidden. The Bellhop stopped me over a couple of beers that were from off property...

Room Tip: I am pretty sure that it is the south side that faces the pier and water, more of a city view from t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank briashmad
Dear Briashmad - Thank you for the review and advice to the Trip Advisor Nation. It was really well written and I am sure those it read it will get a sense for our great location in downtown Boston.
san Francisco
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First I will say that this was a very clean hotel and that is really a trump card. Next I will say that they were not prepared for my arrival using the not so new mobile app. and completely ignored that I even used it or that they even acknowledged my loyalty as a marriott rewards memeber. I will also mention that I was checked into a dirty room and after many long hours of travel had to wait a few more hours in in the lobby. The room I fonally got into was very small but very clean and I was thnakful for a peacful nights rest.
This is a "canned" marriott. Doing the job but nothing special in the way of service or making you feel welcome or that the hotel is a value. You are paying for location.

Green Features: Nothing special or out of the ordinary that I noticed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank joebobjohn
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Joebobjohn – I appreciate the honest review. The mobile app is certainly new to us. We do rank very high in the company in being able to successfully handle the mobile checkins that we do get. That being said it looks like we dropped the ball with you and for that I am sorry. I am unsure what exactly the circumstances were, but we try to acknowledge each and every guest as special. That being said, we try to go a little bit further for our very loyal Marriott Rewards Members. I will certainly share your review with our Reception team in an effort to ensure we don’t repeat these mistakes. Feel free to contact me directly on a future visit so I can personally look after all of the details surrounding your stay and provide any courtesies possible. Matthew.v.moore@marriott.com
new york
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Marriott Long Wharf is a great hotel to visit the Boston Area. It is right in the heart of everything and within walking distance to all. The train stop is also right outside of the hotel. Hotel has a great gym, fun bar area and quiet areas. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Maybe a room towards the back of the hotel may be quieter but you can see the hustle and bustle from...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Coachdv – Thanks for the Trip Advisor review. I’m glad you were able to get to the gym on the 3rd floor and Waterline restaurant this stay. Hope to see you back with us soon.
Swansea, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my anniversary. Great hotel/location. So close to great restaurants in little Italy, Faneuil hall. Just walking distance to both. Room was clean and updated with pleasant staff. If you're looking for a great place to stay close to many great restaurants look no further.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Thinblueline68 - Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such a special occasion. Happy Anniversary from us all at Long Wharf. I appreciate the review.