Copley Square Hotel
US$342
US$316
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$227
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$339
US$277
US$362
  • Pool
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$316
US$252
US$399
US$339
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$242
2,047 results
All reviewscopley squaregreat locationcomplimentary wineboutique hotelwine hourwine receptionqueen roomevery eveningrooms are smalltrinity churchshopping and restaurantsmini barboston public libraryhotel barnewbury stwould definitely stay here againtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I was in Boston for business when I stayed at the Copley Square Hotel two years ago (this review is really overdue! Luckily I remember everything like it was yesterday). The hotel had just finished its renovations, so I could still smell the paint - this didn't bother me at all, as from the moment I set foot in the hotel, I felt very comfortable being there. As a 22-year-old female travelling alone to the United States for the first time, it was important for me to stay somewhere that was conveniently located so I didn't have to commute much, and the hotel, fortunately, is very close to everywhere I needed to go, such as Prudential Centre and the Back Bay. A friend of mine was meeting me from New York the night I arrived, and he mentioned that the bus depot was only a couple of blocks away. I received a quiet room (I requested this as I knew I would be working a lot in my room) with a very comfortable bed - I always appreciate good quality linens when I travel. I had read that the bathrooms were on the small side, but I found it to be just right, although I'm quite small myself. The staff were very friendly, and the receptionist remembered my e-mail communications prior to my arrival. My TV didn't work the first time I turned it on, but a serviceman was at my room promptly to fix it. If I could offer a recommendation at all, it would be that the wi-fi was, although free, a bit patchy at times. However, my stay was thoroughly enjoyable, and I've already told myself that if I ever went to Boston again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, make sure you ask for one!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The staff was lovely and very cordial. Great decoration and location. The restaurant choices were good although it could benefit from a green tea choice on the menu. What I didn't like was the dark tiny room and paper thin walls. We were constantly woken up by hallway noise and our friends stayed across the street at a much nicer hotel for $85 a night less. We won't be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank gabeandmom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed here for four nights on a business trip. As a woman traveling alone, I put a premium on safety, and I had the impression that this hotel was well monitored by the staff. Everyone was extremely helpful, the room was clean, and the location was convenient to an indoor mall and lots of local attractions. There is a well stocked grocery across the street with lots of deli items, and the subway stop is nearby. My only slight complaint was the cell phone reception, which was not good in my room on the top floor of the hotel. I don't think there is much the hotel could do to improve this but it may be a consideration for some. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Charming building with a new hip decor. Vacationed there for two nights with husband and kids, not really a family style hotel but still treated very well. Staff very helpful with recommendations. Room was small but clean and pleasant. Free wifi & coffee. Best of all location quick walking distance to all of Back Bay shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Not a hotel with fancy lobby and reception area but the friendly and helpful staff at every turn made it a welcoming and cosy experience. There was a wine reception each late afternoon and the wine was far from ordinary - some really outstanding Napa Valley wines when we were there. We had an upgraded King after the first night we were there and the room was definitely four star plus. Spacious, very well appointed and super comfortable bed and bedding. The regular King we were in the first night was comfortable but tight. Like most big city hotels parking a pain. Here pretty much had to rely on valet parking, but they were quick and reliable.

Room Tip: See the room first - big difference between the basic King and he Upgraded King that we experienced
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cboydell
JMaibach, General Manager at Copley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Thank you very much for your gracious comments! I will be sure to share with our team.

As you mentioned, parking is a bit of a guest 'pet-peeve' as just about all hotels that do not own their own garage, which is 90% of the hotels in the city, out source the service and charge between $42 - $46 for 24 hours (we charge $43). While many people find this excessive, we do have 2 separate garages across from us that charge in the mid-to-high $30's for 24 hours. However, they will charge you again every time you use the car and bring it back. With us, you get in-and-out privileges. So, if you are going to use your car while with us, it cost less to use our Valet services and pay a bit more. If you aren't going to use your vehicle and crossing the street is not a problem for you, then I would recommend parking on your own.

Thank you again for your kind comments!