“Great place to celebrate the 4th of July”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were staying on the gold floor and Constance the manager invited us to a rooftop party to see the fireworks. It was an amazing experience! We loved everything from the firecracker cocktails to the lobster rolls. The live performance of the spectacular fireworks display coupled with the lively patriotic party thrown for gold floor guests made us proud to be Americans and grateful to have the opportunity to be a part of Boston strong" and able to party in Boston . Thanks Constance this is an experience that we will remember

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking Copley square
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,003)

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I used this hotel on a recent business trip to Boston. I booked the hotel 3 days prior to arrival and it turned out this hotel was the cheapest, which did make me slightly worried.

However, from the minute I arrived the quality of the hotel and the service (mainly) was of a very high standard. From the rooms to the food quality everything was of a very high standard.

The service quality overall with the exception of the female bar staff was fantastic. The only criticism I have was some of the female bar staff (not all) were more interested in talking to to each other about boys or being pretentious and generally unwelcoming to customers. However, the male members of staff at the bar were very friendly and welcoming, hence i found myself checking who was on the bar before I sat down.

Overall, a great hotel and would stay again, but would most likely avoid the bar here due to the surly female bar staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The Copley Square has managed the impossible - somehow creating an intimate, cozy yet completely sophisticated hotel in the middle of a busy city. The lobby is stunning and on a Sunday morning, was full of clientele who just seemed to be hanging out, drinking coffee and reading newspapers. The rooms are on the small side, but not uncomfortably so. The clerk at the front desk cheerfully allowed me to swap out for a room with a bathtub. There was a small SNAFU when I had to leave for a business meeting and the valet lost my keys (trust me, it happens) - the entire staff seemed to leap into action. I was given a ride to my meeting (almost 45 minutes away) and when I came out, I had a v-mail telling me that my keys had been located and that the VALET MANAGER WAS WAITING OUTSIDE FOR ME - WITH THE KEYS AND THE CAR. The Copley then comped my parking. I know some will read this and say "Well, that's what they SHOULD have done." Yes, but the point is: THEY ACTUALLY DID IT - which in this day and age of generic "not my problem" service, was extremely heartening.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The Copley Square Hotel is located in the heart of Boston! You are within walking distance of activities, great food, and local historical sites.

The beds in this hotel are heaven!! I had a Petite Room, which was small, but comfy and cozy! The daily "Wine Down", which was a wine tasting, was a delightful bonus. I would visit here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our vacation to Boston. It was the best price in this location. The hotel has been recently updated and looks fantastic. The staff was beyond accommodating. They were so nice and helpful; I really cannot say enough about how hospitable they were. The location is great, just a few minutes' walk to the subway. Our room was small, but not too small. Everything was clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was comfortable, and the AC worked great. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay as all the staff were really friendly and helpful. I was up very early and one staff member in particular was extremely nice, advising me on running routes.
A few minor negatives, no coffee in rooms but available downstairs in mornings. Bathrooms smallish but I had bath still with nice toiletries. And to have a hotel with a bit of character it was worth the small inconvenience. Very quiet and very very clean. Would def stay again if in Boston

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Centrally located, 1 block from Pudential center, Copley Place, and the T (metro service). Friendly and helpful staff. Free wireless. Room is serviced twice a day with complimentary bottle water daily and 5-6 pm wine reception. Rooms (at least mine) was a little small but otherwise very comfortable and clean. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013