“Great Boston Find” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Boston Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is my preferred hotel to stay in when I am in boston. Funky vibe, great staff, nice rooms and lighting. "Mini-bar" downstairs has awesome food and atmospere. As a woman travelling on busness - I dont nromally want a huge dinner. The tapas portions with full flavored taste are perfect. Great wine selection as well. All the staff go above and beyond to provide excellent service and never have an issue with doing something extra. Fitness center is a bit smaller than some places, but you can get a great workout.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the chaise lounge - very spacey
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Tried the Copley Square Hotel for the first time. Found it easy to find, very convenient to all the activities we were interested in over the weekend. Very nice staff, great bar and very nice rooms however the view may be non exsistant out some windows. Did not matter as we came in late at night. Parking was easy but expensive, but I guess thats in any major city. I would definately go back.

Room Tip: Short walk to Boylston street and some great restaurant and bars!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

As well as being in a very good location for exploring Boston, it is also good value for money compared to many other Boston hotels. Downtown is easily walkable but he Old Town Trolley Tours bus stop No 8 is 200 yards along the street near Trinity Church. Most of the staff are efficient and friendly and the manager's wine hour each evening is better than the average with reasonable wines that are changed each day. Unfortunately, the bar food was a bit bland (chicken skewers). The one disappointment was the room(504). Although a reasonable size, there was too much furniture making it cramped. The bathroom (shower room actually) was ridiculously small. The view down the street towards Trinity Church was great but it was difficult to get anywhere near the window because a desk with office chair and a settee were in the way. The redeeming feature, however, was the bed which was very comfortable.
I am unlikely to return to Boston but would only recommend the hotel after forewarning about the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I arrived to the property early, well before check-in time and the staff were very accommodating. I had breakfast in the dinging room and remained during close in order to take advantage of using the free wi-fi for working. Again, the staff were more than accommodating and checked to make sure that I was ok. When a room was available for me, the manager brought a key over to me, which by the way only took a couple of hours.

While the room wasn't as large as I would've liked, the room was very clean and the decor was trendy. I loved the wall of full windows providing loads of natural daylight! That was a huge plus.

Considering that I usually stick with three particular brands, I only have two complaints about this property - well, specifically my room. 1) My room was not cleaned during the day. I returned from a long day out and had to request housekeeping, twice. Though, once they came everything was thoroughly cleaned and put in its proper place. 2) The bathroom had a foul odor in the morning and late nights which smelled of sewage. 3) Occasionally, I smelled smoke in the bathroom, which surprised me as this is a "smoke free: property. My guess is that my room was above some type of exhaust for the property.

Now, having stated that, I love being fair. So, I'd stay one additional time to see if these items were improved. For $350 per night, I'd expect stellar cleaning service in addition to the wonderful staff that greet you when you enter the property.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We researched many hotels in Boston and found Copley Square Hotel. Other travelers indicated that their boutique rooms were quite small so we opted for a king. Upon arrival we indicated it was our first time in Boston and were given an upgrade to a southeast corner 'Edge King' room on an upper floor. The room was quite nice, very well appointed, spacious, clean and comfortable. It provided views from the room in three directions. The entire staff was outstanding and made for an outstanding hotel experience. Their "Intuitive" concierges provided us with daily recommendations for our site seeing excursions, as well as varied dinner options. Was never disappointed. It is a great location from which to explore the city and walking distance to many of the historical locales we wanted to experience. Every day of the week (including weekend days) the hotel has a "Wine Down" hour - a free wine happy hour with decent red and white wine to sample. We would return to the Copley if we find ourselves in Boston again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are sunny and spacious. Loud nightclub on the first floor but we had high upper floor r...
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My wife and I, along with another couple stayed at the Copley Square Hotel this past March for St. Patrick’s Day weekend.

We had booked our (Boutique) rooms via Hotwire for $150 a night (including taxes) and although they were a bit small, they were clean and comfortable and given what the cost of hotels rooms can be in Boston, overall we were satisfied with our stay. The staff were friendly and efficient.

The hotel itself was quite nice, situated in the Back Bay area and served nicely as a base from which to explore Boston, with a Subway stop very close by too. Lots of good restaurants, pubs, and shopping close by it you prefer to stay in the area.

We would return to the Copley Square Hotel if we ever find ourselves back in Boston.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MusicManOntario
Mokena, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Two nights in an Edge King room and it was all I had hoped it would be. The Back Bay area is definitely the right part of town for tourists to use as "base" for sightseeing. Aside from its stellar location, the Copley Square's biggest asset is definitely its people. Everyone is so helpful and friendly-- from the concierges to the housekeeping staff. (Yes, Anna, I'm talking about you!) "Accommodating" and "friendly" are the two words I would use to sum up the staff. A little disappointed that the wi-fi rarely worked in our room. We also had to learn how to get the fussy (big) elevator to take us to the 7th floor. (Push the 7 button five or six times until it lights up.) The old (smaller) elevator was stationary on the second floor every time we tried to use it for two days but worked when we went to check out. I couldn't give five stars because of the temperamental wi-fi and elevators, and the so-so bath tub. Despite these quirks, yes, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We really liked the Edge King (windows on two sides) and got a great rate because we ordered early a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family