“Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Location”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Location lactation location. Can't emphasize more. You have to under stand that's its a 100 year old building that has been renovated. That explained the small rooms and the lack of wired internet and the small gym with no spa. These things need space that did not exist in the construction culture back then. It's a nice boutique hotel reminds me of the hotels u see in London or Europe with an American taste. Great staff so friendly. Excellent front desk employees nice concierge. Though I was there during the marathon they tried there best to make my stay pleasant. Would come back again any time. They only thing keeping from giving it five stars are the size of the rooms and lack of a proper gym.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Rumaih

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bangor, ME
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel location is fantastic! Right in the heart of it all. I was able to get a great deal last minute and this hotel was a steal! Hotel is one of the originals in Boston but went through a massive renovation giving it a current feel. Rooms are unique and size varies. Our room on the 5th floor was a decent size for the 2 of us. Bathroom was smaller than newer hotels but it had a great walk- in shower with great flow. Hotel offers free WiFi and had nightly turn down service and water bedside when we got back from Red Sox game. (very easy walk to ballpark from here).

Staff was very friendly and not pretentious at all. Didn't use the restaurants or bar but the hotel does offer a complimentary wine hour from 5-6pm.

The hotel offers valet parking for approx $43.00 but we self parked across the street at the Copley Place and walked over. (just didn't want to go back to hotel before we left). Rate was $36.00.

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hillier86
Reviewed 8 April 2014

You can't beat the location--it's 5 star. Right near Prudential Mall, Newbury Street, Beacon Street, Bay Bay station...so much going on, so easy to get around. Room was so small that I just had space to get around the bed. Putting it another way, when I had a moment of healthy ambition, and wanted to do some pushups, forget about it...no room for that! The door to the bathroom was off its hinges, the tv didn't work for 3 nights of my visit, the elevator is a looooong wait, the car parking is a valet service that seems to never be there and take a 1/2 hour to get your car at $42/night--ridiculous. The front desk staff are extraordinarily nice. But, for $450/night after a big sale discount (down from over $700), this place is not a good value.

Room Tip: Perhaps don't settle for the first one you get...keep looking until satisfied.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MrFordCT
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Great, convenient location
Close to restaurants
Cool vibe
Rooms are small
Shower head is odd and lacks force
Gym is bad, really bad
No wired internet, only low signal WiFi
Need a cab? Cross over to the Westin

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John W
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Copley Square Hotel is in an awesome location. The proximity to both the Orange and Green T lines make this the best choice in getting around Boston. So many shops and dining options nearby make it convenient as well. Our stay was for four nights. The first night our room was located above the bar and dance club. After requesting a switch due to the noise, the staff moved our items to the new room and had provided a comparable room while we were out being tourists! The rooms are smaller than most other hotels but they have everything you need. The beds are comfortable and bedding and pillows were perfect. We ordered room service and it was timely and hot. We tried light appetizers from the hotel bar one night as our dinner and the food was delicious. The front desk staff are incredibly helpful and greeted us each time we were in the lobby. Evening turn down service is a nice touch as well. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again next time I am in Boston!

Room Tip: Second floor above the bar can be loud on weekends. Sixth floor was perfect!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The location is convenient; however, their showers are terrible. The water pressure was so strong that it was painful and unusable. When I told reception at check out they were not willing to listen to the issue and said that the water pressure was great in their showers. I like strong water pressure, but this was ridiculous and their handling of the issue didn't help either. There was also a scratching noise coming from the vent in my bathroom all night, so they seem to have a bird or rodent problem as well. I will stay somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank pk89
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at the Copley. I booked my reservation with airline but when I arrived at the hotel they did not have my reservation. However, after a few minutes the mgr,Kevin, upgraded my room. Excellent customer service!

Pros-extremely friendly staff. The absolute friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Wine tasting, hot choc, tea daily in lobby. Modern and beautiful decor. Perfect location to everything. Grocery directly beside hotel. Twice daily maid service.

Con-our room needed dusting but nothing major. The bed skirt had a few stains. The food I ordered from the restaurant, Minibar, was great quality but a bit cold.

Overall, this is the best value in Copley! I will definitely return. I love the staff!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family