“There to meet friends and made more with the people that worked there”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“There to meet friends and made more with the people that worked there”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My Wife, 4 year old son and I were looking for a place to stay in Boston last minute. Called a few places and could only speak with agents taking reservations from a central location - not in Boston. When I asked spicific questions to these agents about the hotel they were representing and the Boston area the weren't very helpful. Then I called the Copley Square Hotel and John answered. He was so plesent on the phone and gave me the sense that he was exactly the guy I had been looking for. He gave us perfect directions to the hotel and was super helpful in helping me find the perfect room for me and my family, not to mention he deflected some of my son's incessant questions which really helped me check in :). From there Ronaldo helped us get setteled with our bags. He answered all or questions and made us feel at home in our clean and well appointed room with free wifi. The location is perfect and our room was nice and quiet - we actually slept in. The staff never made us feel rushed when we were checking out past check out and the valet got our car quickly with smiles and friendly conversation.
It all started with John with, a great first impression that will have us choosing The Copley Square Hotel whenever we visit Boston! Thank you!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexander N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Maybe one of the strongest qualities of this hotel is their service. These people are doing literally everything in their powers to make you feel comfortable in their hotel. The rooms are a bit small for my personal tastes but they are very well arranged. The location of this hotel is right in the middle of everything: you can walk easily towards every attraction of the city. Unfortunately there is one important drawback: the noise during night. Because, it is in the middle of the city, the noise level is a bit high, and if you are sensible like me, you won' t rest well during night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sophie A
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place is a very nice boutique hotel. The staff here really go out of their way to make sure that your stay is the best possible. Right from the first encounter with the valet, the staff were outstanding. Special mention to Keith on the front desk for both the extra ordinary hours that he worked, as well as the amazing service that he provided us with. The hotel is located in a very good part of town, in the Back Bay area near the restaurants and shopping area. The Orange trolley service and the Boston ducks leave from near by, so it allows you to access the entire city from nearby. A couple of small details let the place down a little though. For the price we paid, I'd expect to have a small refrigerator in the room. The shower faucet was a little loose, but apart from that, it was an excellent place

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

or perhaps not, there have been so many. The Copley Square Hotel was a class unto itself and a place I felt quite comfortable. Others have commented on beds, linens and the like but I was most impressed with the staff. I tend not to notice imperfections in the physical plant when I receive warm and genuine service as I did from first handshake on arrival to the last on departure.
What I needed most was rest, quiet and active listening. I did not ask for any out of the ordinary treatment but all was quiet nonetheless. The only exception being Sunday morning when I slept through two alarms, phone calls and bellmen knocking on the door with my breakfast. Fortunately, the staff persisted and eventually I managed to wake. Breakfast was in a sad state but that was my fault and I refused a remake so the coffee could flow.
There were several small encounters where someone seemed to read my mind and each one accruing good cheer for the Copley Square Hotel and my good fortune in selecting it for my temporary abode. All in all an excellent property that is unique in a way that a chain hotel can never approach. The primary reason for all of these praise words is the management team led by the GM. In the vernacular, the Copley Square Hotel Team "gets it". Well done, folks. Hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: The rooms tend to be a bit on the small side, but unless you are hosting a party in your room, no il...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I really liked.the hotel's location. Just ideal. All.of the staff went out of the way to be helpful. I enjoyed the free coffee in the am and the wine hour in the pm.

The rooms are small and showing a little bit of wear, but the bed and linens are great.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Becky_VA65
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It's in a good location for fun (shopping, restaurants, etc.) but the quality of the hotel is not the best if you're a business traveler. The towels were abysmal but the bedding was nice. The room was dark and the heating didn't work despite numerous attempts. The hotel is relatively quiet and off the beaten path so that's a plus but I wouldn't stay here again for a business trip. The Fairmont Copley down the street looks better.

Room Tip: The hotel was quiet but I didn't think the quality of the room was up to business-par.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NonaKim
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Copley Square hotel is well located, just a couple of minutes to Newbury St or Boylston, only a few blocks to Boston Common. Front desk staff very helpful. Doormen gave us some great recommendations for restaurants nearby. Our room was a little compact, but well planned and very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple