“Location Clean Friendly”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived at hotel into the evening parked at meter. Hotel personel came out took my luggage and parked my car with no hassles ($40) per night. Lobby was very boutique like 2 small desks for checkin. Went to room little small but not very small. Very nice king size bed. Slept great with no street noise. Asked where to eat directed me with great directions.
Hotel has a great central location T is across street and Duck Tours and Trolley tours very close.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,939)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

First trip to Boston-- went with my sister and my 2 teenage daughters. This hotel is a perfect location. The staff were amazing, loved the free wine hour in the evenings. Didn't experience any of the loud noise the previous reviewers did. Had a fantastic experience.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KMR9900
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First trip to Boston. The location of the hotel is exceptional.

The pluses:
The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful.
The bed was very comfortable.
My room was very quiet (Monday to Friday stay).
Nice selection of pillows.
The wine in the evening seemed to be enjoyed by the group I was with( I didn't participate).

The so so (I wouldn't say bad, just not to my liking):
I am used to good coffee, the morning coffee was so so.(three Starbucks within walking distance).
The size of the room was the biggest issue I had. I am a pretty big guy. To get to the shower, I had to do a dance in the bathroom to get around the toilet and door.

If I was returning on a vacation I would think about staying here again, but the price would probably make me say no.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pat W
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We got a booking at Copley Square Hotel via priceline. The hotel offers complimentary wifi which was great. However, on the hotel website, it says it provides complementary bottled water and evening turn down - we got neither until we complained after returning to our hotel room at 6pm and our room was still not made. The location was convenient to public transit and some major attractions which was good. Overall, the rooms were clean albeit small. The bathroom is also very small with no bathtub. I did not like the smell of the toiletries they used so ended up using my own.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KayElleTravel
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room at the Copley Square hotel was the smallest and with the tiniest bathroom - and the highest price - of all the hotels we stayed in on our six weeks trip around America - and that includes the Barclay InterContinental Hotel in New York City and the waterfront Outrigger Hotel centrally situated on Waikiki Beach, Honolulu.

The friendly staff are amateurish and unpolished. This hotel felt 'un-managed.' Comparing quality versus cost we enjoyed in seven other hotels in major cities around America the Copley Square Hotel was 'poor value.'

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LoudHailer
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Have been at the Copley a few times now over past several months...Staff wonderful and everyone is helpful and friendly...Rooms are very nice...Good size for Boston as rooms in most hotels are on the smaller side...Only issues were last time the toilet was running and had to call maintenance to fix it and this past time, the TV was broken...Think they need to do a bit of internal housekeeping...Otherwise, very enjoyable stay...And I did ask about the gym/exercise room...Very few exercise jogging machines and they should have a 1/2 hour time limitation from 8 am to 11 am...I had no choice but to jog around town...Wouldn't have been happy if it was a bad weather day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very close and convenient to everything. Shopping, Bars and sites. The staff gave us great advice on what to see and do as well as restaurant recommendations. The free coffee and wine in lobby were a bonus as well as the convenient hotel restaurants. You can walk to everything including a grocery store next door. But undoubtedly the (2) Trolley pkg they offer plus Harbor cruise is a real steal. Rooms very quiet and comfy but as others have noted bathrooms are quite small but that is to be expected in older hotels. You still can't be the price for the location. First class staff and manager! We will be back!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple