“Great hotel and location”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Customer service is paramount and I would strongly recommend to anyone considering staying, whether business or leisure. You can arrange easily for pick up or drop off to the airport. Simple decision to choose this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I enjoyed my 4 night stay in the Copley Square hotel very much, the staff were so friendly and helpful at all times. My room was clean and nicely furnished although a little dark and no view but as I wasn't planning on being in there much that was ok. I was travelling solo so the room was ok size wise but I think for a couple it would be classed as cosy! I thought the breakfast was good value and the service was great, no complaints at all. Free internet was a great bonus too! Congratulations on happy and great staff!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Arstambar1
Stamford CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for one night and overall enjoyed it and would definitely return. As others have said it is an older boutique hotel with nice clean rooms and small bathrooms. All of the employees were super friendly. My few minor complaints which is keeping me from giving it a 5:

Our room was not ready when we got there so they said they would call us when it was ready. We said we would just rather wait, the first guy told us hopefully it would be ready within the hour but made no promises. A few minutes later we were told it would be 15-20 minutes, great. It ended up being about and hour a 15 minutes. I am not complaining that we had to wait but I don't understand how it went from 15-20 minutes to over an hour. Not a huge deal just a minor annoyance. No fewer than 4 different hotel employees asked if we were being helped while we were sitting there waiting.

I had booked a king bed, when we first got there the guy at the check-in desk said, ok Mr. Smith I have you in a king room for one night is that correct? Well when we finally got to the room it ended up being a queen bed. I know you don't always get what you request so, again, not a huge deal but it would have been nice if he would have told us there were no kings available.

My biggest complaint was with breakfast the next morning. There were a total of 6 people in the whole place and it took a long time for the food to come. I can't possibly imagine why it took as long as it did. The waiter did not write down our orders and of course he got it wrong. I asked for scrambled eggs, sausage and white toast. I got scrambled eggs, bacon and wheat toast. So I ordered 3 things and he got 2 of them wrong! Just write down the order! I didn't say anything because we were trying to catch a train and I don't dislike bacon or wheat toast so I just went with it. The bacon was outstanding.

So as I said, overall a positive experience and I would go back. I just couldn't rate it a 5 based on the few items above.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard M
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was in town for a convention and decided to take the T to the hotel from the airport. Great ride that was fairly quick (but I wasn't in a hurry).The hotel was in the middle of the financial district- right next to Comply Square. Beautiful views and buildings. The hotel is located one block south of Boylston Street and two blocks south of Newbury Street. I was able to walk to Boston Commons, Beacon Hill area, and Faneuil Hall. Great location. Quick access to restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Regarding the accommodations of the hotesl, everything was neat and clean and the service was excellent. I had the burger from the restaurant and it was AMAZING! The rooms aren't huge, but perfect for one or two people. The bathrooms were clean and they had high-end products. I only had one minute glitch (my phone wasn't working) but as soon as I let them know, they came immediately and rectified the problem. When I checked out, I was able to leave my stuff with the front desk, went to have breakfast and came back. They also let me know about a shuttle service that takes you straight to the airport so I didn't even have to take the T back to the airport. I would definitely recommend and stay again. Great hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Main plusses are the great location and the very helpful, approachable staff. The room was clean and modern, and well cleaned/tidied every day. It was perhaps a little on the small side, but it had a huge bed and, for the location and the decent price, it's a very minor quibble.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Roma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Copley Sq. Hotel is a very nice boutique hotel, historical building in Boston Back Bay.
The room was very comfortable, with TV and a big nice bed. The bathroom had bathtube and toilet amenities, just a little cramped.
The room and the bathroom were very clean, everything was so enjoyable. There was also a gym room.
There were also complimentary coffee in the morning and wine in the afternoon.
The restaurant was good, in particular for the breakfast, average for the dinner.
The staff was very nice and attentive. Jorge, clerk at the reception, is worthy of mention, but more than anyone is Svetlana of the restaurant staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

my dad and i visited boston in April. the hotel was in the best location EVER. we walked everywhere. the staff was very professional and helpful. from the minute we were greeted at the front door, the service was excellent. the happy hour was an added bonus. GOOD wine, not the cheap stuff. impressive hotel. i would go there again in a NY MINUTE. whoops, a Massachusetts minute? :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family