“Customer Service Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 bubbles

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Customer Service Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I recently took my elderly parents on their first trip to Boston. The Copley Square Hotel offered the perfect location with excellent access to historic landmarks and restaurants. The rooms were small but comfortable and well appointed. I am a hotel bed snob, and I found their beds particularly comfortable. Having done extensive research on hotel options in the area, we could have spent more elsewhere and stayed in larger rooms. We could have spent less elsewhere and sacrificed location and ammenities. The rooms fit our needs perfectly.

The pinnacle of our experience was the customer service provided by the front desk. We definitely put them through their paces: medicine to be kept cold, use of a hotel wheel chair for two days, extra umbrellas, directions, recommendations, etc. Each member of the front desk staff was friendly, responsive, and professional. We all felt the staff went above and beyond to ensure we had an excellent experience. This was my only chance provide my parents with a memorable trip to Boston. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the hotel staff, the trip was a tremendous success. I will definitely stay here again when in Boston.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ithaca, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Recently, my husband and I spend our 20th anniversary here. Granted, it is in a fantastic location. That's about all that I will say for it. For the amount of money that we spent, I would rather have stayed home.

Upon check-in, we mentioned that it was our anniversary. The person at the front desk didn't care. Not that he really should have, but he could have pretended. When we have stayed in other hotels in the area on our anniversary, not only have they cared, but they sent up champagne.

When we entered and exited the hotel to take walks, the staff just stared at us. No friendly hello or goodbye. So, if you are interested in that, this is definitely your hotel.

The room was clean, modern. It was nice enough. If you want to spend a ton of money and have less than friendly staff wait on you, go for it. But, I'd rather not. You can find MUCH nicer hotels in Boston and for 1/2 the price.

Don't waste your money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TTMLexUSA
Blair, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at Copley Square Hotel for business because of a conference nearby. It was a nice hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedroom itself was very spacious. I loved the desk area and chaise lounge for unwinding after being on my feet all day. The only downside to the room I had was the size of the bathroom; it was very small. I didn’t have the opportunity to enjoy much of the hotels amenities outside of the free wifi and wine hosted by the manager the last evening. There was an unfortunate miscommunication with our transportation needs on the last morning for getting from the hotel to the airport. However, it was remedied after a short time by the concierge. Overall, it was a lovely stay in a great location and I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TJK427
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. It is the second oldest hotel in Boston. Very quaint, has a boutique feel. They had a welcome reception with wine from 5-6pm that was nice. The restaurant owned by the hotel was not open for dinner, but we used it as an office to work as it was quiet. It did not open til 7am for breakfast, which we considered to be late.
The rooms were small, but very nice and clean. Small bathrooms, a colleague had a hard time with the door opening right to the shower door, it was that tight of a space.
The hotel workout room did not open til 6am and only had free weights and a treadmill.
It is very centrally located to lots of attractions and good restaurants. The front desk people served as a concierge and were very helpful. I booked on hotels.com because the price was right. It was a nice stay for a business trip. Would not recommend for an extended stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
El Cerrito, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Wonderful, helpful, professional and friendly staff. Stayed here five nights on vacation in Boston and an additional night five nights later after a trip to Maine. In the less expensive rooms the bathrooms are small. On my final night I upgraded to a slightly more expensive room with a larger bathroom and a street view. All rooms feature modern decor and are extremely clean and efficient. And quiet. Free wireless is included, and cable TV with pay movies. A free bottle of water is included each day. Another great amenity is free morning coffee (unlimited - great for this coffee addict) and a free wine reception in the afternoon. Front desk directed me to a great Italian cafe for dinner on my last night, Papa Razzi. Easy walk to Green Line, just two blocks, and lots of buses at Copley Square. Easy walk to Newbury Street. Not super luxury like the Fairmont 2 blocks away but much less expensive too. Recommended for the visitor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street and on a high floor for more natural light. In the least expensive...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Waterville Valley, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly, but in a very genuine way, not like hospitality robots. Made me feel like I was an invited guest and their only interest was me having a good time. Very clean rooms with up to date and working amenities. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We chose this hotel for its location and it was ideal being close to Newbury St, shopping malls and the subway. We stayed in Room 704 (king) and our adult sons in 221 (two double beds) and both rooms were quite spacious. No nightclub noise. The bathrooms however were tiny and despite the usual environmental info about re-using towels there were no rails to hang them on, only one hook behind the door so no option but to leave them in a pile on the floor every morning and have them replaced. Breakfast staff were a bit vague but nothing wrong with the food. We took advantage of the free wine at 5pm on a couple of evenings which was nice, although I think it's bad form not to offer some basic nibbles like nuts or crackers with alcohol. Only downside for me was that for a relatively expensive hotel it would have been nice to have a fridge and the ability to make a cup of tea/coffee in the room.

Room Tip: High floor probably a good option. We faced the street but no noise on level 7. Level 2 above the ni...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family