“Copley Square Hotel- great atmosphere & great service, what more could you want”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Copley Square Hotel recently and was immediately taken by the warm, cozy lobby area. It felt more like a peaceful, relaxing and ultra modern lounge than a hotel lobby. The rooms were beautifully decorated, inviting and comfortable. The staff and service were top notch too. As a business traveler, this boutique hotel was a welcome relief to the standard chain hotels. If you're traveling to Boston, try the Copley, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 May 2010

My room had plenty of room. The bedroom was well appointed and quiet and I had no problem with the size of the bathroom. The location is perfect and Copley Square has become my new fav in Boston.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I travelled to Boston with my husband and two teenage children. The hotel was contemporary and impressive. We were greeted by two wonderful staff who checked us in earlier than expected and booked a tour of the city for us. They were cheerful and friendly and extrememely helpful with suggestions of where to eat for lunch and offering to make a reservation for dinner in North Boston for us. We booked a Premire Family Suite with two bedrooms. The rooms were just beautiful and decorated with total class. Each bedroom was huge with a hallway between the two with the bathroom door located in the middle. The bathroom was small, but it did the job. Obviously you won't be spending most of your time in there so what's the difference really!

Everything was clean and well maintained. I can't attest to how big the regular rooms are, but although it was expensive (what hotel in Boston isn't?) I would get the same room again. A must if you are staying with older kids. Free WiFi for all and the kids were thrilled.

There is a very busy nightclub in the lobby that seemed to be filled with very fashionable upscale college aged crowd.

Loved the place and would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Had the opportunity to stay for several nights recently. Hotel is really phenomenal, contemporary, and a GREAT location. Our room however was the size of a closet with a basic furniture in the room making it nearly impossible for people to pass each other navigating the room. To enter the bathroom you had to pass by the door, open it, then enter depending upon which side of the bed you were approaching from. The bathroom could be defined as an excellent use of space, provided you were 4' tall. Sitting on the commode, my knees actually touched the wall immediately in front of me.

When I addressed my displeasure with the accommodations with the manager on duty, he quickly spouted of a square footage requirement of the room with a pompous snooty attitude like it was a daily practice. There were NO free options to correct the situation other than a paid upgrade on top of the significant parking fees.

Significant street noise around 2AM ... but it is the city. Also a lot of hallway noise penetrating the door.

What can I say, for that kind money and environment, the staff attitude was a real turn off! Considering the glut of rooms in the city right now, I would elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stacksEriePa
Reviewed 29 April 2010

On a business trip I stayed at this hotel. Admittedly I thought I was staying at one of the better known hotels in the area. Note that I am a business traveller coming to Boston from Europe and I am on the road over 200 days a year so my experience base is pretty rich. This is the worse value for money I have experiences. I paid $326 per night. Lobby was very trendy as would be expected from a recently renovated hotel.....but nobody was there to check me in (and by the way nobody was there to check me out the next day either). Room was okay (not execeptional which this price would justify) but I had to turn sideways to get into the bathroom shower!!! I would expect this in Europe but not the US. As an overseas traveller I woke at 4 am and wanted to order coffee but guess what room service only works from 6h30 to 23h00. Once I did get my small pot of coffee with a glass of low fat milk it was $20!!!! Are you kidding me!!! In short what happens when you try to be and think you are trendy but are just an overpriced badly managed hotel???????? hopefully you do not get guests.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank Canadian_Nomad22
Reviewed 25 April 2010

My husband and 3 kids traveled to Boston for the first time and we stayed at the Copley Square Hotel. The staff was wonderful, very helpful, polite and very accomodating. The rooms were very spacious and clean, the beds were totally comfy. The hotel itself is in a great location, right near the Prudential Center and Newberry Street. Lots of shopping! There are some sight seeing hot spots within walking distance as well as the subway, which we ended up using because of the kids. Otherwise, we would have walked the freedom trail easily. If you want to go for a fun getaway with friends, romantic getaway with your spouse or go with the whole family, I would definetely recommend this hotel in all 3 cases.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We were stranded in the USA because of the Volcano and decided to book in Boston (as we had been in NYC). From checkin through to departure the service we received was OUTSTANDING -above and beyond what we have experienced elsewhere. The reception staff were knowledgeable and friendly, the lobby was very classy, maid staff were excellent too.

The hotel is boutique style and had recently undergone huge investement. Very nice comfortable rooms, complimentary bottled watter, complimentary coffee in the morning, complimentary wine pour between 5-6pm.

The hotel is right next to Boston Public Library where ypu can register for free web use. It is also next to the Prudential centre/shops and a supermarket (if you need to save a few pennies on food etc!).

This is a great hotel in a great location with great staff!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple